On our last visit...we were looping on our bikes and tripped across a sign that said "Dog Walk"...

I think we where on the 700 loop near the south end. There was a foot bridge that crossed a canal...and joined the Dog Walk. It extends along the western edge of the 800 loop...and terminates somewhere down by the 900 loop. There is another foot bridge down there that joins the Group Camping area...but it's posted "No Pets"...

Thought I'd share the find...in case you're looking for a new adventure for your fur kid.

See ya'll at Wagin' Tails!

Thanks!

Yeah...we try to camp along the canals when we can. The 300 loop or 1800 loop. That lets us escape the loop in the early morning without having our Samoyeds talk (bark) to everyone on the way to Wagin' Tails. The male, Conner, in particular...thinks that if he barks at everyone --- he'll get them to come over and pet him. They're both eager to meet people...or better yet --- other doggies. The canal banks are a great way to skirt the loop with minimal ruckus. For some reason...(worn totally out)...they aren't quite as energetic on the way back to the loop from the dog park :)

We've seen deer and wild turkeys walking the banks of the canals. And there is a bird of prey...Hawk, I think...that hunts along the grassy area between the 300 canal bank and the entrance to the dog park. I guess that's why we don't see more rabbits than we do.

For some reason...(worn totally out)...they aren't quite as energetic on the way back to the loop from the dog park :)

Ah the magic of the dog park! Works like a charm on our border collies too. :)

We've seen deer and wild turkeys walking the banks of the canals. And there is a bird of prey...Hawk, I think...that hunts along the grassy area between the 300 canal bank and the entrance to the dog park. I guess that's why we don't see more rabbits than we do.

We actually saw a coyote on the other side of the canal on the 300 dog walk last year.

And when I say "run into" a deer...

2 years ago I had taken Brady down to the very end and put a long line on him so we could play a little frisbee (he's not a good dog park dog). He was running his usual circles around me, and I would toss it to him on the way by.

Well I turned around to toss it to him one time and a good sized deer was standing no more than 20 feet from us!

Brady was coming around in his big circle right towards it and I thought "holy crap, step on the line NOW because Brady's going to all but run smack into that thing!"

Thank goodness I have OCD border collies who can actually block out a whole, live DEER in favor of playing frisbee.

Brady looped right by him, I tossed the frisbee, the deer looked at us and you could almost see him shrug and say "huh..." and then turned and walked away.

I should have known it wouldn't be a problem. We walk there past ducks all the time (something every decent border collie should want to herd) but because Brady knows the routine and can't wait to get going on our jaunt, he just blows right by them without so much as a sniff.

Gotta love 'em!

Ah the magic of the dog park! Works like a charm on our border collies too. :)

We actually saw a coyote on the other side of the canal on the 300 dog walk last year.

And when I say "run into" a deer...

2 years ago I had taken Brady down to the very end and put a long line on him so we could play a little frisbee (he's not a good dog park dog). He was running his usual circles around me, and I would toss it to him on the way by.

Well I turned around to toss it to him one time and a good sized deer was standing no more than 20 feet from us!

Brady was coming around in his big circle right towards it and I thought "holy crap, step on the line NOW because Brady's going to all but run smack into that thing!"

Thank goodness I have OCD border collies who can actually block out a whole, live DEER in favor of playing frisbee.

Brady looped right by him, I tossed the frisbee, the deer looked at us and you could almost see him shrug and say "huh..." and then turned and walked away.

I should have known it wouldn't be a problem. We walk there past ducks all the time (something every decent border collie should want to herd) but because Brady knows the routine and can't wait to get going on our jaunt, he just blows right by them without so much as a sniff.

Gotta love 'em!

This past May we were on the lot directly beside the "pet walk" by the canal on loop 700. One of our neighbors reported an alligator in the canal spotted, but we never saw it. Our 2 Toy Fox Terriers love the walk by the canal, so many new smells and sights. They also are much calmer and quiter after a long walk there. So am I, as a matter of fact ! Unfortunately our 2 little guys love to be loud with their yaps as other pups go by. We are trying to get them more used to seeing other "furry guys go by", and they are getting better. Just hope our neighbors don't get frustrated with their noise.

Cannot wait until December to be there again with our babies !