The roof is something we keep a close eye on. Mike cleans it every spring and remove the old caulk and replaces it and the is screwed down tight and is sealed properly. Then he repeats the process in the fall when we are done for the season. Nine years and we've never had a leak.

The wife says i am anal about keeping the camper in great shape, I wash the roof at least twicw each year, inspect in the sring and fall. I also carry a roll of Enterbond tape and tubes of Dicor, always have and hardly ever need it, but others have.

The last camper we had a leake around the skylight, removed the old caulk, recaulked it seeled it with Enterbond coulked the edges os the tape( told you I was anal) then traded it in. The dealer was cleaning snow of the roof when they sold it and stepped thru the skylight!!!!!!!!!!! They said they had a hell of a time getting the old skylight out, I wonder why :unsure:

We are very fortunate to have a storage facility that allows our camper to be stored inside, so I have really never thought about a roof leak. We have a 2011 and have actually camped a few times in the pouring rain and it has been fine. I guess my question is that I am the type of person who always says,"if you want something done right, do it yourself". That being said, my opinion is that most TT are built very quickly and sometimes craftsmanship is sometimes over looked. We have I believe a rubber roof that is calked all around the edges. If I wanted to buy some Etrnabond and make sure myself it was caulked right, should all the old caulk be taken off or can you re-caulk on top. I also believe the saying, "if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Eternabond goes right over the old caulk. The only thing it won't stick to is silicone.

• 1 year later...

Are you guys putting the eterna bond caulk down or just the tape over your caulk I wanna do this for sure

All you need is the Eternabond tape. You realy don't have to remove the old caukling, just besure you clean it good as directed on the tape roll. Removing the old caulk can be quite a job.

And which ones do you buy. They all have different codes

You want the roof seal tape not the web seal unless you need to paint it. Webseal is paintable and must be painted or used with Eternabonds UV coating, standard roof seal is not paintable and is already UV protected..

I did it. No regrets. I don't know why the manufacturers don't do this from the first. Except it's kind of expensive.

I did it. No regrets. I don't know why the manufacturers don't do this from the first. Except it's kind of expensive.

So do you do the whole length of the trailer where the rubber roof meets the trailer walls? Or just the front from side where all the calk is. Then I guess you go around everywhere they came through the roof?