On way out the door. Arrived 4 am last night. Lots of pics and updates coming tonight on my TR . BUT I had a issue this morning and am totally confused!!! We rented a cart from Steve from Electric Carts of Orlando ( think thats what its called) .

Everything went fine. Steve delivered this morning and my husband said he seemed like a nice guy. About a hour after he left I got a call from the Electric Cart Rentals of Orlando people. They asked me about Steve and if I rented from him. They said as of this morning he is no longer working for them.Of course I got nervous because we just paid him 535.00 for a monthly rental of a 6 seater in cash. They then asked me where I was staying and what kind of cart I had and for how long. I told them , then they asked me if I would mind giving them the serial number. I did , but then I called Steve to let him know what was going on.

Now I wasn't sure if they were trying to see if it was their cart, or see if he had his own business?! When I called him I just briefed him and he seemed upset. I have no idea what happened but hopefully my cart rental is safe. I hope if Steve has his own business everything is ok. Anyone know what is going on??? I didnt know what to do and even though I recieved a message from Steve telling me of a new number I should use , he never told me why. I just assumed that he had a new phone.

I feel confused and am hoping everything is ok. If anyone has any info please let me know., Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Julie, I disagree with your comment about dealing with a company rather than a person. I have a camper rental business and I go to way farther lengths than a big box company to satisfy my customers.

Hello to all Fortfiends! My name is Jason Brownell and I am the Vice President of Golf & Electric Vehicles. GEV has been my family's business since 1991 and we have enjoyed a long relationship w

For all of you who are wondering about Steve Senesi, yes he DID work for Custom Carriages, Inc. dba Golf & Electric Vehicles , Orlando, FLorida you can look us up on the internet. The company has

On Voldemort a new member was replying to many of the responses that people had left about renting from Steve saying that he is no longer employed there and then putting in a number to call (see golf cart information pages for number) for rental information. I am not sure if this was the original number of the company Steve worked for or not. However, some on that board felt the person was only "promoting her business" and now it seems like she is gone as people were tagging her response as being a spammer.

The number that was posted on old voldy is for Custom Carriage Inc in Orlando. No one knows who this is supposedly, and all those posts have been deleted. Steve's number is (see golf cart information pages for number), which was posted a few days ago as his new number. So if anyone is worried, for a future rental, I would call now and confirm that you are still good with your resi before it's to late. Good luck everyone.

Best Regards,

Norm

So.... does that mean that Steve has now gone out on his own and (see golf cart information pages for number) goes directly to him and no longer to GOLF CART & ELECTRIC VEHICLES?

Just trying to make sure the info I have on the Golf Cart page is accurate.

Honestly, this all sounds a bit sketchy to me and I don't want to steer anyone towards a potential problem with a cart rental.I think until I get more confirmation from people that have used either of these folks recently (GCEV or Steve) I'm going to take that info off the Golf Cart page.

cinderella73 - Did the people that called you after the fact say if they're still renting carts to deliver at the Fort?

What exactly did Steve have to say about all this?

Sounds like what may have happened is that when Steve "left" the company he may have tried to take a few customer's reservations with him??

Hope everything works out ok!!

OMG my panic button just maxed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please call me if hear anymore, i'm suppose to be getting at cart at Halloween, just PM'ed you my number! :panic:

I will find out more when we turn the cart in. I will give you a call at the number you gave me and update you if you like.We will be here another 11 nights.

On Voldemort a new member was replying to many of the responses that people had left about renting from Steve saying that he is no longer employed there and then putting in a number to call for rental information. I am not sure if this was the original number of the company Steve worked for or not. However, some on that board felt the person was only "promoting her business" and now it seems like she is gone as people were tagging her response as being a spammer.

Hmm thats rather strange. I didnt like all the questions that the Orlando cart rental asked , if that was even them.

That would freak me out too! What did the Orlando cart people say they were going to do? I would assume the new cart is Steve's and he now has his own business? Either way it sounds like it is between them. At least you have your golf cart already. Keep us updated on what happens!

What I thought was strange was that they asked me for the serial number on the cart! Like they were comtemplating its theft or something? They did stop just short of saying that though. I dont think Steve stole anything . I think maybe its his own cart. When I asked the woman if there was any issues after being so helpful and giving her any info she wanted she sounded a tad snotty. She said she she would give the info to her boss and lmk if there were any issues.

I just paid 530 dollars a hour ago and she would "let me know" if there were issues? I was a bit steamed and worried.

When I told Steve he sounded a tad upset with me maybe even though I called him to give him a heads up. I really dont know who is in the wrong here. I just know I got the cart , it runs great , Steve was nice , no issues so far. I hope he comes on here to help clarify for everyone. I was hoping to help him by telling him what happened. He said " Well I guess they know know" so whatever that means I dont know. But I have the cart and so far all is welland hopefully will be for the next 11 nights.

The number that was posted on old voldy is for Custom Carriage Inc in Orlando. No one knows who this is supposedly, and all those posts have been deleted. Steve's number is , which was posted a few days ago as his new number. So if anyone is worried, for a future rental, I would call now and confirm that you are still good with your resi before it's to late. Good luck everyone.

Best Regards,

Norm

If anyone does find out I would be curious to know also.

Wow! That's just crazy! Please let us know if anything else happens.

I will . So far so good. I know you have all rented from before with no issues. I hope we get a explanation soon because I would rent from him again if I knew everything was on the straight and narrow. If I hear anything else or get any other calls I will update here.

Steve did give you a receipt, right? If so, don't worry about anything.

If this other place calls again, don't tell them anything. Your business is with Steve, not some other party you haven't contracted with.

As far as the serial number on the cart, I would have told them to go pound sand. "I'm on vacation and I'm not going out and getting the number for you. If you have any questions you need to contact the person I rented from."

It's not right for you to be caught in the middle of someone's business argument so don't stand for it.

You paid your money so tell anyone else to "peese" off and go enjoy your Fort vacay.

Steve did give you a receipt, right? If so, don't worry about anything.

If this other place calls again, don't tell them anything. Your business is with Steve, not some other party you haven't contracted with.

As far as the serial number on the cart, I would have told them to go pound sand. "I'm on vacation and I'm not going out and getting the number for you. If you have any questions you need to contact the person I rented from."

It's not right for you to be caught in the middle of someone's business argument so don't stand for it.

You paid your money so tell anyone else to "peese" off and go enjoy your Fort vacay.

What he said! X2

For all of you who are wondering about Steve Senesi, yes he DID work for Custom Carriages, Inc. dba Golf & Electric Vehicles , Orlando, FLorida you can look us up on the internet. The company has always rented to the guest at Fort Wilderness and unfortunately it looks like a lot of you had Steve "Personal" phone number and email address and not the business phone number so now you are calling him directly instead of doing business with our company who you originally worked with and probably placed your order with, especially if you called him before August 24, 2011. Please give us a call to compare rates (please pm me for phone number), we would LOVE to keep your business we are not sure why Steve is now taking our clients. Just so you know Cinderella73, if you would have rented from our company for a month the rate would have been $400 with $50 delivery and $29.25 tax for a total of $479.25. Remember the benefits of renting from a company are much greater than a person. PLEASE call us if you have any concerns we would really appreicated your calls and concerns, word of mouth means a great deal and all we are trying to do is protect the well being of our clients.

For all of you who are wondering about Steve Senesi, yes he DID work for Custom Carriages, Inc. dba Golf & Electric Vehicles , Orlando, FLorida you can look us up on the internet. The company has always rented to the guest at Fort Wilderness and unfortunately it looks like a lot of you had Steve "Personal" phone number and email address and not the business phone number so now you are calling him directly instead of doing business with our company who you originally worked with and probably placed your order with, especially if you called him before August 24, 2011. Please give us a call to compare rates (please pm me for phone number), we would LOVE to keep your business we are not sure why Steve is now taking our clients. Just so you know Cinderella73, if you would have rented from our company for a month the rate would have been $400 with $50 delivery and $29.25 tax for a total of $479.25. Remember the benefits of renting from a company are much greater than a person. PLEASE call us if you have any concerns we would really appreicated your calls and concerns, word of mouth means a great deal and all we are trying to do is protect the well being of our clients.

This is all well and good, but you have no right to call one of Steve's customers and question them about serial numbers or anything else. Since Steve apparently left your company and chooses to rent carts on his own, it's basically none of your business what the relationship is between him and his customer.

However, if the reservation and committment for the cart in question was placed through Steve while he represented your company, then you do have a dog in this fight. This still does not give you the right to question the customer though. Your conversations should have been directed to Steve and not Cinderella73.

I certainly appreciate your joining here and clearing up your association with Steve as it is something that has been in question for a while now. Perhaps if you had done this much sooner, then this whole matter wouldn't exist and Cinderella73 could have been spared some anxiety and stress. I also feel that Steve could have done the same when he finalized the transaction.

Point is, it is unfair and very unprofessional to involve the customer in a business to business quarrel.:argh:

This is all well and good, but you have no right to call one of Steve's customers and question them about serial numbers or anything else. Since Steve apparently left your company and chooses to rent carts on his own, it's basically none of your business what the relationship is between him and his customer.

However, if the reservation and committment for the cart in question was placed through Steve while he represented your company, then you do have a dog in this fight. This still does not give you the right to question the customer though. Your conversations should have been directed to Steve and not Cinderella73.

I certainly appreciate your joining here and clearing up your association with Steve as it is something that has been in question for a while now. Perhaps if you had done this much sooner, then this whole matter wouldn't exist and Cinderella73 could have been spared some anxiety and stress. I also feel that Steve could have done the same when he finalized the transaction.

Point is, it is unfair and very unprofessional to involve the customer in a business to business quarrel.:argh:

Well said, Sensei! No matter what the relationship a company has with a salesperson - or an ex-ealesperson- that is business between the company and the salesperson and NOT the customer - EVER!

We called the customer to follow up on an email they sent so to our shock and amazement they said we just delivered one, I'm sure anyone would be surprized. I was just letting Cinderella know to call us in the future because our prices are cheaper. Actually it is a companies business if customer thinks they are working with a company and instead it is an individual. We just dont want to be falsely represented, I'm out here to save people money so if you want to rent golf carts we are called GOLF & ELECTRICAL VEHICLES and please call for a quote.

Mod note: I am going to allow further discussion here. My spider-sense is telling me that this is not your run-of-the-mill spam situation, what I'm piecing together here is a fluid situation where a company is in the unfortunate position of having their dirty laundry aired in public. I don't think we gain anything as a community by shutting this down, and if we find out what actually happened from both sides (to the extent they're willing to share with us), then we could learn something.

We will keep an eye on things, but for now, carry on. :)

In addition, the phone numbers have been moved, by request, on our information pages for golf cart rentals. These numbers have been removed and put in their proper places. If you need information directly, contact the personnel involved for your questions. This is really not the place to promote one place over another with the plugging of phone numbers in each post. You can buy ad space for that very soon. :heart:

We do hope that you join our fun here and not just to defend your company from bad experiences. I have been in your shoes. It is not fun.

Thank you for all of that.

Here is the situation.

No reciept from Steve. My husband did sign papers but wasnt given anything. My fault I didnt go out there and tell him to make sure and get one , and he thought maybe they didnt give reciepts because of the whole Disney doesn't like outside vendors thing. So it might have been just a oversight on Steves part or maybe he doesn't give them at all? I wouldn't rent a cart again without getting one after this. Lesson learned.

I didnt know Steve had started his own company. I didnt expect to pay more than 475 based on a previous discussion. So 535 was a shock, but again I told myself maybe it was tax or something and it was still a deal over Disney prices and let it go. In hindsight now I am a bit miffed about it.

I thought that the Orlando Golf and Electric should NOT have asked me for a serial number . It certainly did imply that Steve might have stolen a cart which he did not. That was wrong of them to do on so many levels. It also left me in a panic my cart was stolen and they would come and pick it up and I might be out the rental cost as well. When I called back for clarity I was only told " No problems so far and they would let me know." At that point of already involving me in the extent they did I was owed a proper explanation.

I gave out the info under the assumption this was a legit situation of concern. It appears it was a personal one and should not have involved me. Last time I answer questions like that over the phone. I was pretty mad at myself for that. But again Steve didnt explain much to me either so I had no way to know what the heck was going on.

In the end , thankfully the cart is still here , runs fine , and I have heard nothing more at this point. I would suggest any future renters of either of the above parties consider everything and make sure to get a reciept , check prices , and get a email with a confirmation of your agreed upon price and dates.

Mod note: I am going to allow further discussion here. My spider-sense is telling me that this is not your run-of-the-mill spam situation, what I'm piecing together here is a fluid situation where a company is in the unfortunate position of having their dirty laundry aired in public. I don't think we gain anything as a community by shutting this down, and if we find out what actually happened from both sides (to the extent they're willing to share with us), then we could learn something.

We will keep an eye on things, but for now, carry on. :)

Thanks for helping turn this around positive everything was such a shock to "Golf & Electric". With todays economy I know everyone wants to save money and I just wanted to let everyone know our company is still around and we are competitively priced and have a lot of golf carts to rent if the others are sold out or we are the cheapest! We look forward to doing business with everyone again.

If indeed Steve knew he was leaving and used his personal cell to divert biz from his employer that is wrong.

If he's only taking cash and giving no receipts that is fishy. I don't know much about golf and electric but I know kenny busts his butt to make his customers happy and he gives receipts and carries insurance. People need to make sure the rental is insured as well.

This is exactly the kind of co. not needed in operation if they're gonna fly by night it.

If indeed Steve knew he was leaving and used his personal cell to divert biz from his employer that is wrong.

If he's only taking cash and giving no receipts that is fishy. I don't know much about golf and electric but I know kenny busts his butt to make his customers happy and he gives receipts and carries insurance. People need to make sure the rental is insured as well.

This is exactly the kind of co. not needed in operation if they're gonna fly by night it.

Yep.

And this kind of monkey business will lead to the Fort management cracking down once and for all on outside renters.

Even Kenny.

And then we're all screwed.

TCD

If he's only taking cash and giving no receipts that is fishy.

All true, and ultimately we don't really know what happened on either side. Honestly I'm not so sure I care. I think like most of you, I just want to know that either/both operation is on the up and up if I'm ever going to consider renting from either. And that's why, until we have confirmed Fiend reports of how each operation is to deal with "post-split" I've taken information for both off the Golf Cart page.

The Golf Cart page is meant as an informational resource for Fiends to find vendors that have been recommended by other Fiends - i.e., it's not something where a vendor can just request their information be put up there.

Jen and Chris have site sponsor/advertising opportunities available for anyone wanting to take advantage of them to promote their business here on FortFiends.net.

I'll continue to keep tabs on what people are reporting when it comes to dealing with outside cart rentals, and when we get to a point where I've got some first hand accounts of good service/pricing/operations by either/both of these vendors, I'll be happy to put their information back up on the page.

Also, TCD is right on the money. If ANY outside vendors start playing fast and loose with the golf cart rental business, eventually Disney WILL shut it all down completely. And that won't be good for any of us or any of them.

So Fiends - be sure to share your experiences! Your fellow Fiends are counting on you. ;)

Yep.

And this kind of monkey business will lead to the Fort management cracking down once and for all on outside renters.

Even Kenny.

And then we're all screwed.

TCD

Agree, and that is why I gave Donnie some respect. :heart:

Note,

Stef don't hate me for giving Donnie some respect.... :rofl2:

For all of you who are wondering about Steve Senesi, yes he DID work for Custom Carriages, Inc. dba Golf & Electric Vehicles 18754 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FLorida you can look us up on the internet. The company has always rented to the guest at Fort Wilderness and unfortunately it looks like a lot of you had Steve "Personal" phone number and email address and not the business phone number so now you are calling him directly instead of doing business with our company who you originally worked with and probably placed your order with, especially if you called him before August 24, 2011. Please give us a call to compare rates (please pm me for phone number), we would LOVE to keep your business we are not sure why Steve is now taking our clients. Just so you know Cinderella73, if you would have rented from our company for a month the rate would have been $400 with $50 delivery and $29.25 tax for a total of $479.25. Remember the benefits of renting from a company are much greater than a person. PLEASE call us if you have any concerns we would really appreicated your calls and concerns, word of mouth means a great deal and all we are trying to do is protect the well being of our clients.

Julie, I disagree with your comment about dealing with a company rather than a person. I have a camper rental business and I go to way farther lengths than a big box company to satisfy my customers.

I realize your co. has and will take a hit by Steve doing this. I know a lot more about this situation from some things I'm hearing at the fort. I just hope all this rental stuff doesn't cause a problem with personal carts being brought into the campground.

I realize your co. has and will take a hit by Steve doing this. I know a lot more about this situation from some things I'm hearing at the fort. I just hope all this rental stuff doesn't cause a problem with personal carts being brought into the campground.

When I go to a store, at some point I'm dealing with a person, and not the store. Go to an RV Sales or an Auto Sales, and you have ONE person; go to any high value retailer, and ONE person handles all your purchases; you can even go to Wal-Mart and each section has ONE person to take care of your needs ... . I'd much rather have ONE person to deal with when I'm dealing with a company than just knowing I'm dealing with a company ...