Agree, and that is why I gave Donnie some respect. :heart:

Note,

Stef don't hate me for giving Donnie some respect.... :rofl2:

Uh oh, Genia must be into the sauce again! Why would I hate you for giving him a respect point? He gets them so rarely, I'm like a proud Mama when he does something to deserve it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Julie, I disagree with your comment about dealing with a company rather than a person. I have a camper rental business and I go to way farther lengths than a big box company to satisfy my customers.

Hello to all Fortfiends! My name is Jason Brownell and I am the Vice President of Golf & Electric Vehicles. GEV has been my family's business since 1991 and we have enjoyed a long relationship w

For all of you who are wondering about Steve Senesi, yes he DID work for Custom Carriages, Inc. dba Golf & Electric Vehicles , Orlando, FLorida you can look us up on the internet. The company has

Uh oh, Genia must be into the sauce again! Why would I hate you for giving him a respect point? He gets them so rarely, I'm like a proud Mama when he does something to deserve it.

Nah, I'm working, so no sauce until the week-end. :blink:

Just that time of month, so it was "pms respect"....nuff said. :rofl2:

Julie, I disagree with your comment about dealing with a company rather than a person. I have a camper rental business and I go to way farther lengths than a big box company to satisfy my customers.

I realize your co. has and will take a hit by Steve doing this. I know a lot more about this situation from some things I'm hearing at the fort. I just hope all this rental stuff doesn't cause a problem with personal carts being brought into the campground.

The company is a family business, so they do give "personal" attention to the campers at Ft Wilderness that is why Steve would do it for us so he would know you guys on a personal level, hopefully you all will get to meet someone from the family soon. Like the moderator said I'm not here to sell the company we will pay and advertise you just have to take a leap of faith because nothing has changed on our end just personel. Please feel free to use Kenny because he is a friend of our family, Steve should be also, the world of "rental" is very small especially considering we are in Orlando. I hope you are right about this not causing a problem, all we did was contact a person about an email they sent wanting to get a cart. How the world has changed with the new technology ..

The company is a family business, so they do give "personal" attention to the campers at Ft Wilderness that is why Steve would do it for us so he would know you guys on a personal level, hopefully you all will get to meet someone from the family soon. Like the moderator said I'm not here to sell the company we will pay and advertise you just have to take a leap of faith because nothing has changed on our end just personel.

Thanks Julie! I hope people will still give you folks a chance and report back with their experiences. We love being able to have first hand experiences from our members when it comes to things like this. These days with so much business done online, you just never know who you're dealing with, and anyone can have a snazzy website. Having a word of mouth recommendation from someone you know and trust means a lot.

That's how the Golf Cart page got started to begin with - to be able to give our members some rental options based solely on the good experiences lots of people have reported.

Speaking for myself (and probably others as well) price and service are our top concern. For me, honestly service is even MORE important. We've rented from folks in the past where the cart may not have been brand spankin' new, and the price may have been a few dollars more than others, but the service was TOP NOTCH! Those are the people who I'll always give my business too.

Hopefully this period of change for your company will go smoothly and people will be reporting back here in no time to recommend that folks continue to rent from G&EV. :)

Hello to all Fortfiends! My name is Jason Brownell and I am the Vice President of Golf & Electric Vehicles. GEV has been my family's business since 1991 and we have enjoyed a long relationship with vacationers at Fort Wilderness for many, many years. While Steve Senesi is no longer with our company, we continue our dedication and commitment to your cart rental needs and look forward to playing our small part in helping fulfill your Fort Wilderness experience.

I’d like to begin by apologizing to Cinderella73 for the recent experience you have had with your golf cart rental. Your voicemail message was on Steve’s company cell phone and I have the phone in my possession. I listened to your voicemail and asked my office to call you in order to coordinate your rental. Imagine their surprise to learn you had just received a cart from Steve that day! While it was a shock to us, certainly it was a shock to you as well! Obviously both of us were surprised since Steve was the only one who knew he was unethically siphoning our company’s customers for his own gain. And while this aspect is certainly reserved for Steve and me to discuss further, I regret finding out in this way and having you caught in the middle.

Contrary to what some have posted, your business was not with Steve but with Golf & Electric Vehicles. As our Sales Rep, Steve used our company truck, golf carts and company cell phone to provide this service prior to his departure. This was not an individual with his own equipment and resources. Your voicemail to the company cell phone illustrates my company’s role in facilitating this rental despite Steve’s poor judgment in taking it away after his employment with us. As with any team member, I expect all of our employees to develop strong relationships with all of our customers and we should not lose sight of the fact that this is done as part of the company’s mission statement, not an individual endeavor. If it wasn’t for Golf & Electric Vehicles, nobody would have ever heard of Steve Senesi as a source for golf cart rentals over the years.

Cinderella73 – I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay at Fort Wilderness and please know that we value you as a customer and hope that when you return you would choose Golf & Electric Vehicles for your golf cart needs.

It is clear to me that the members of this site (i.e. BradyBzLyn12 and others) take genuine interest in sharing their experiences to get the most out of their vacation. I hope that I have been able to share some clarity with you as well to resolve your concerns and put the situation to rest.

My company has helped hundreds of families over the years and I look forward to many years to come. I invite anyone to email me or call just PM me for our contact info, for any golf cart rental needs or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jason Brownell

Hello to all Fortfiends! My name is Jason Brownell and I am the Vice President of Golf & Electric Vehicles. GEV has been my family's business since 1991 and we have enjoyed a long relationship with vacationers at Fort Wilderness for many, many years. While Steve Senesi is no longer with our company, we continue our dedication and commitment to your cart rental needs and look forward to playing our small part in helping fulfill your Fort Wilderness experience.

I’d like to begin by apologizing to Cinderella73 for the recent experience you have had with your golf cart rental. Your voicemail message was on Steve’s company cell phone and I have the phone in my possession. I listened to your voicemail and asked my office to call you in order to coordinate your rental. Imagine their surprise to learn you had just received a cart from Steve that day! While it was a shock to us, certainly it was a shock to you as well! Obviously both of us were surprised since Steve was the only one who knew he was unethically siphoning our company’s customers for his own gain. And while this aspect is certainly reserved for Steve and me to discuss further, I regret finding out in this way and having you caught in the middle.

Contrary to what some have posted, your business was not with Steve but with Golf & Electric Vehicles. As our Sales Rep, Steve used our company truck, golf carts and company cell phone to provide this service prior to his departure. This was not an individual with his own equipment and resources. Your voicemail to the company cell phone illustrates my company’s role in facilitating this rental despite Steve’s poor judgment in taking it away after his employment with us. As with any team member, I expect all of our employees to develop strong relationships with all of our customers and we should not lose sight of the fact that this is done as part of the company’s mission statement, not an individual endeavor. If it wasn’t for Golf & Electric Vehicles, nobody would have ever heard of Steve Senesi as a source for golf cart rentals over the years.

Cinderella73 – I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay at Fort Wilderness and please know that we value you as a customer and hope that when you return you would choose Golf & Electric Vehicles for your golf cart needs.

It is clear to me that the members of this site (i.e. BradyBzLyn12 and others) take genuine interest in sharing their experiences to get the most out of their vacation. I hope that I have been able to share some clarity with you as well to resolve your concerns and put the situation to rest.

My company has helped hundreds of families over the years and I look forward to many years to come. I invite anyone to email me or call just PM me for our contact info, for any golf cart rental needs or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jason Brownell

Thank you for your clarification of this situation. Well said!

While Jason's post is entirely appropriate, there is some content from this business that I am continuing to edit and frankly I am getting pissed off. This forum does not condone free advertising of businesses because someone has wronged you in some way. This Julie person associated with this business has done it and now Jason as well. I will continue to instruct people to report posts with phone numbers and addresses shamelessly promoting their business at the expense of all others to gain sympathy or whatever their purpose. I have also instructed the faires to edit these posts in my absence. Enough is enough. I own a business and you don't see my address and telephone number plastered everywhere and I OWN this site.

Since pms to this effect have not worked, I am posting this publicly. Stop, now. No more email addresses, phone numbers, snail mail addresses, or any other specific information on posts. If someone wants to contact you, they will via pm. If it continues, you will not like me much longer. :popo:

While Jason's post is entirely appropriate, there is some content from this business that I am continuing to edit and frankly I am getting pissed off. This forum does not condone free advertising of businesses because someone has wronged you in some way. This Julie person associated with this business has done it and now Jason as well. I will continue to instruct people to report posts with phone numbers and addresses shamelessly promoting their business at the expense of all others to gain sympathy or whatever their purpose. I have also instructed the fiaires to edit these posts in my absence. Enough is enough. I own a business and you don't see my address and telephone number plastered everywhere and I OWN this site.

Since pms to this effect have not worked, I am posting this publicly. Stop, now. No more email addresses, phone numbers, snail mail addresses, or any other specific information on posts. If someone wants to contact you, they will via pm. If it continues, you will not like me much longer. :popo:

And that's why I like Fortfiends.

Jen throws the crap down.

I actually find this thread interesting and informative. Like somone once said, "those that don't study history, could possibly repeat it."

As with most visits to fortfiends.net , I've learned something. While it's true that you have to weed through some not so great stuff, there are usually nuggets if you look.

All parties have stayed civilized.

Personally, I wouldn't do business with either of these people. I hate a thief and a liar. I also hate the way Cinderella was treated. Even if it was contracted originally through the company, how dare they call and interrogate her and then get snotty and refuse to tell her what was going on. Way to stress out someone's vacation....

Cinderella, wishing you the best and so sorry you had to deal with this stupid BS. I hope you and your family have an amazing time despite it.

Hey everyone. I am back now and sick but recovering. Had a great time and cant wait to upload my trip report. Even if it wasn't a live one after all. Cant wait to get my pics uploaded. With all of us getting sick and having so many friends and a family member join us it became almost impossible to get online everyday to do a live report. Thankfully I made lots of notes and took lots of pics.

Thanks to everyone for the support. With it being my second time to the fort and the firts time being for 2 days and was 20 years ago, I was glad to have these boards to turn to as everything was so new. I wanted to update on where things ended up and my closing thoughts on the whole rental thing.

After my last post I did get a call from Golf and Electric Vehicles . While my inital phone call from them asking for the serial numbers and such was way out of line , I do feel that the follow up call helped soothe over any issues I had with them. I in fact after defending Steve have to now say that I do believe that in light of everything I learned that they were the ones wronged , as was I. I cant defend Steve as he never bothered to even follow up with me but has apparently been reading these boards. I had a nice conversation with the owner of G&E and pretty much felt that despite my original call from them that they were a good bunch of people .

I never did get a call from Steve explaining anything to me. I did pay over 60 more than the price I was orginally quoted and was not informed that this rental was his own and not G&E's, whom I thought I was doing business with. No reciept and despite being polite to him and keeping a open mind I never did recieve any contact from him even after my defending of him.

When Steve came to the cabin to retrieve his cart on our departure day he did ask my husband to ask me to not post on the boards anymore. My husband said he did ask in a polite manner, but I was pretty ticked he had the nerve to even make such a comment as I had never made any negative comments about him , nor had I at that point even intended to comment further.

Seeing as how this is the type of community where we all help each other out in giving out references and helping to steer each other way from negative things like this, I would say that given my experiences I would stay away from renting with Steve. If he had only made a simple 2 minute call to me to express a apology or even just a follow up of sorts, I would have avoided even making any comments against him. But Steve asking me to not post on a board after overcharging me , decieving me , and never even giving me a explanation after I defended you is not the way to maintain customers , or attract new ones.

My advice to any of my fellow FFs is stay away from Steve. If you had original reservations with Golf and Electric of Orlando double check to make sure your reservation is still with them or better yet even just go with Kenny.

For the record the cart I recieved from Steve ran fine but was a bit older and very slow. Not that I mind a slower cart so much but I figured it was worth noting.

Thanks so much for the update!

Gotta say the more I hear, the more I really do wonder what Steve is up to.

I read elsewhere that he supposedly called someone a few days ago and told them he's not delivering to the Fort any longer - but I can't confirm any of that so take it as total heresay.

But regardless, the fact that he never bothered to call and explain his side of the story, nor did he ever come on here to defend himself despite having many supporters at the time and apparently being aware of what's going on here, actually charging you more than you were quoted originally... then to cap it off by asking you not to post anything??

All sounds shady to me.

And yes, Fiends do look out for each other and I would never withhold information from fellow Fiends if I thought they might be taken advantage of either.

I will not be posting Steve's info back on the Golf Cart page for the time being.

Thanks again, hope you're feeling better soon, and REALLY looking forward to your TR!!

I have personally never dealt with these people and always use Kenny or recommend AlumaCar Sun City. That being said, here's my take on the update to this situation...... Anybody who has ticked me off, even in the slightest, and then asks me not to post about them, well, they'd best hold tight to their a$$!!! I would personally go out of my way to talk about them, here & other boards. I would probably also contact the local Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau. Oh, and since I'm local I might also picket their business. I believe that if you sell something you had better be upstanding about it. (If you don't believe me then ask Bob at Ameripest of Melbourne. He can tell you how I follow him to trade shows wearing a shirt I had made that shows my displeasure with his company, and the 260 photos I carry to those shows to let people see when they ask about my shirt. My goal is to cost him the $5K he cost me when he messed up & then didn't meet the commitment he made). So Cinderelly go ahead and talk all you like:)