A weather question

I can't speak for the actual week of Christmas, but we were there last year from Nov. 26- Dec. 4 and it was downright cold at times! However, there were two days that we spent in t-shirts/tanks and shorts. On the other hand, be sure to bring gloves and jackets. The morning that we left our home for the Fort last year, I was standing at the door holding a pair of gloves for each member of my crew. DH had me convinced that I was overpacking. I found a way to remind him while we were looping that our hands would be roasty toasty if he would've kept his mouth shut! :rant: We survived!

Just be prepared, and you'll be just fine. Have fun!!!

We were there the week of the 11th and it was FREEZING the next week was also FREEZING. Seriously we are talking some days in the teens with a major wind chill. We have also been the week before Christmas and sat out by the pool and swam all day. You have to be prepared for both!

We were there the week of the 11th and it was FREEZING the next week was also FREEZING. Seriously we are talking some days in the teens with a major wind chill. We have also been the week before Christmas and sat out by the pool and swam all day. You have to be prepared for both!

The best thing to do is like we did last year - constantly check weather outlooks at weather.com and pack accordingly ... and be prepared a little 'slop' either way. We been there during December when I wore shorts and short sleeves the whole time - others like last year where it was layer after layer ...

163642_136101073113880_100001419647492_224958_1081904_n.jpg

We will be at the Fort for Christmas too!! We are from Katy TX, right outside of Houston. We are used to warm winter temps but there are times it snows here as well during Christmas!! I hate to wear warm clothes when we are going to Florida for our first time, but I guess we gotta pack what we need....maybe I need to buy another trailer to attach to the back of my current trailer just for clothes for the 5 of us!!! haha....

We were there last December around the 20th, and it varied. The mornings and nights were pretty cold, but the days warmed up nicely. We weren't prepared and ended up buying my DD3 an overpriced jacket in the AK when we were there freezing our tails off one morning. It was downright freezing, plus it was windy. By that afternoon, it wasn't needed anymore and we were ditching clothes all over the place...

That is the problem with December. In the morning, your freezing, mid day it's really warm, then once dark comes, it's cold again!!! Very hard to pack light in December. As much as I hate wearing a sweatshirt or jacket around my waist, in December, it's a necessity!!

last year it never warmed up during the day.. it was cold during the day and colder at night. you didn't want to go loopin' without a blanket and then some.. after the holidays we did get some nicer weather during the day. trust me--i am not complaining. there was no snow to shovel and that was all that mattered. lol

We were there last year also. BRRR ! On the other hand we were there in May and it was blistering hot with high humidity ! So I will take the chilly mornings and evenings and weat a hoodie any day! Hope this year it would be in the 70's, wouldn't that be just perfect ?

When I was there it was teens overnight untill morning starts warming up to the 50's - 60's around noon than starts going back down to the teens around 5pm

Not sure where you were camping. But it rarely gets in the teens in central florida. We might get frost a couple of times but thats it. Very seldom in the twenties. It may get in the thirties but that is about as cold as it gets.

2 years ago we were there during the first few weeks of December.

We saw everything from 30s at night to 80 during the day.

Luckily traveling from NH we had hats, mittens and warm coats in the car!

On the plus side in 3 weeks we had only 1 day of rain.

Last year we were there in November - left a week after Thanksgiving. Our last night was in the 30s although most of the rest of the time daytime highs were 60s-70s, a few warmer.

When I was there it was teens overnight untill morning starts warming up to the 50's - 60's around noon than starts going back down to the teens around 5pm

Not sure where you were camping. But it rarely gets in the teens in central florida. We might get frost a couple of times but thats it. Very seldom in the twenties. I may get in the thirties but that is about as cold as it gets.

Normally I'd say that Todd is smoking something, but he is right this time, if he's talking about last Dec. With the wind chill, it did get down into the high teens in mid Dec.

Normally I'd say that Todd is smoking something, but he is right this time, if he's talking about last Dec. With the wind chill, it did get down into the high teens in mid Dec.

That you Lou it wasn't last year but 2 years ago. With the wind chill it was in the high teen real temp low 20's. But riding around on a golf cart at 2am it was freezing