Ocean Lakes Family Campground - Myrtle Beach, SC

Looks like a fun place. Are those peoples homes or places they rent out?

Many people live there full time, but the oceanfront sites are mainly rentals.

Gotta love Myrtle Beach! Great place for a family vacation. Hope ya'll had fun. :)

Yes, we did. I ate so many crab legs at Benjamin's! Daughter and her family were there camping too, so we got to spend lots of time with them.

Many more pictures to follow ...

If we can't be at the Fort, Ocean Lakes is our favorite second choice. :heart:

Same here. We love it except June through August ... too many kids driving golf carts recklessly.

Tried to post more pictures this morning but the site apparently crashed and I lost it all. Will try again later.

Same here. We love it except June through August ... too many kids driving golf carts recklessly.

Tried to post more pictures this morning but the site apparently crashed and I lost it all. Will try again later.

I've had that happen too many times. Paste the links to pictures in Word, then remove hyperlinks, then copy and paste into Fort Fiends. Works every time!!! That way if the site does not take your post, then all you have to do is copy/paste again!!

We really love this place also, but they will not allow you to use your own golf cart. You must rent a cart from them and it is rather costly to add $40-60 per day. I really object to this policy and cannot see the reasoning for it. We only found 1 CG in Myrtle Beach that allows us to bring our cart- and they charge $5.00 per day for that !!!

We really love this place also, but they will not allow you to use your own golf cart. You must rent a cart from them and it is rather costly to add $40-60 per day.

Sorry, not true! We always bring our own golf cart. You only have to meet their insurance requirements and get a sticker from them.

That's great because we really liked the CG too. We now have the tandem dolly to carry both my car and the golf cart since we like to have the car while there. Last time we rented a GC since we had regular tow dolly for car only. I searched the web for any CG in the MB area who allowed personal GC and found only one- and they charged a $5 per day fee to use your own. I will surely go back to OL's site again to see where I was misunderstood their policy.

We've been visiting Ocean Lakes for over 25 years, and they have always allowed personal golf carts. But yes, in season they do change a $5 per day fee (don't know what it is off season). And you have to pay $10 for a sticker that's good for a year (it verifies that your insurance is on file, you have signed the policies, etc.).