From WDW Magic...

Severe Weather expected on Tuesday October 18

Oct 17, 2011

A large band of rain is heading towards the theme park areas that will bring inches of rain to the area within a 24hour period. Rain is expected to begin in the early hours of Tuesday, with largely continual rain through to late morning on Wednesday. If you are heading to the parks, be sure to go prepared for a very wet day. The only operational change so far is Typhoon Lagoon remaining closed all day.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/Severe-Weather-Information/News/17Oct2011-Severe-Weather-expected-on-Wednesday-October-18.htm

If you are at the Fort don't forget to put yer awnings in. Lots of rain + extended awning = ruined awning. We should be in for 2" - 4" of rain today with moderate winds. Batten down yer hatches, put on yer ponchos, and head for a park. If you don't mind being wet you will have the place to yerself!! :jumpforjoy

Should be interesting driving around WDW today.

If you don't mind being wet you will have the place to yerself!!

I've found that bad weather does keep locals away, but for those that have come from all over the country and have only so many days, they're going to the parks. Rain, wind, or whatever else, they're going.

Can't wait, rain, wind, and up to 75 of my closest friends, joy riding around WDW. At least I won't be there during closing. That's an especially fun time in bad weather..

So has any of the bad weather started at WDW yet?

Here on the west coast of Florida, we had all kinds of dire weather predictions yesterday. As of the late night news last night, we were supposed to be pounded by rain starting right after midnight as well as high winds. Heck, there was even talk of possibly closing the schools for the day.

This morning's paper featured a large first-page article telling us that if we weren't being pounded by rain and heavy wind yet, we would be soon.

Well, it's just after 2 pm now, and we have had a lot of clouds, a slight breeze, and just a trace of rain.

It must be nice to be paid to predict the weather in Florida.

TCD

As of now, 3:15pm, we have had a nice stiff breeze all day.

Sprinkles on and off and one spell of rain that lasted about 10 minutes.

It's a balmy 78 and just bright enough to make you almost squint but not really need sunglasses.

We should have headed out this morning like planned....good thing we're not on a time schedule and trying to do the

parks in three days! ???

Here on the west coast of Florida, we had all kinds of dire weather predictions yesterday. As of the late night news last night, we were supposed to be pounded by rain starting right after midnight as well as high winds.

This morning's paper featured a large first-page article telling us that if we weren't being pounded by rain and heavy wind yet, we would be soon.

TCD

Same here! We've had one little sprinkle, hardly enough to wet the ground, just an average overcast day in Citrus County.

The local weather channel is still standing by their prediction of 90% chance of heavy showers, some severe storms, and up to 30 mph winds. ::)

We have had rain all day in the panhandle. Nothing too severe. We need rain so bad up here.

TJ's link shows a good band of storms over the panhandle, and then another covering almost all of south Florida. Central Florida isn't getting much of anything. Exactly the opposite of what the weather forecasters were screaming to us here in central Florida yesterday. Although, as I already mentioned, tonight they will tell us that this is exactly what they predicted.

TCD

TJ's link shows a good band of storms over the panhandle, and then another covering almost all of south Florida. Central Florida isn't getting much of anything. Exactly the opposite of what the weather forecasters were screaming to us here in central Florida yesterday. Although, as I already mentioned, tonight they will tell us that this is exactly what they predicted.

TCD

We all must have the same metrologist! LOL

We are now having a "real" rain here at the Fort.

The local weather is using their scare tactics again and showing people getting sandbags due to the possibility of flooding. :(

We had the same thing over here on the west coast.

A Tampa TV station had a reporter out at a busy intersection with a camera crew to report on the flooding from the storm. They must have planned this out in advance, and didn't bother to call the crew back in when the storm failed to materialize. The reporter did the best he could to report on what was basically barely a puddle. Then they switched to an interview with a public works director who was supposed to say how his department was doing their best to deal with the storm damage. The only problem was, there wasn't any.

Even last night, our weatherman was still telling us that small cells of the storm would be passing through the area with high winds and rain.

We got nothing.

How did things end up at WDW?

TCD

We had the same thing over here on the west coast.

A Tampa TV station had a reporter out at a busy intersection with a camera crew to report on the flooding from the storm. They must have planned this out in advance, and didn't bother to call the crew back in when the storm failed to materialize. The reporter did the best he could to report on what was basically barely a puddle. Then they switched to an interview with a public works director who was supposed to say how his department was doing their best to deal with the storm damage. The only problem was, there wasn't any.

Even last night, our weatherman was still telling us that small cells of the storm would be passing through the area with high winds and rain.

We got nothing.

TCD

I think the cool front is moving faster than they thought. The storms we are getting in south FL was suppose to be around the center of the state and not down here.

It rained on and off for a couple hours.

Nothing serious.

Very humid, mostly sunny and 79 as of 10 am.

Heading to Epcot for F&W!!!

Hope to get some food pictures of kitties!! :))

Thanks for the update!

Have fun!

Our weatherman told us last night that it would be cool this morning and less humid.

Wrong again.

But, the cold front is coming, and we are supposed to have clear and less humid days leading us in to the weekend.

That, I believe.

I think the cool front is moving faster than they thought. The storms we are getting in south FL was suppose to be around the center of the state and not down here.

Yep, that's what happened.

All of our weather forecasters got that one very wrong. I understand that the weather is unpredictable, but these nitwits go ape every time there is a storm out in the gulf and make all kinds of predictions that more often than not turn out to be wrong.

For once, I would like them to come back on and admit that they are idiots and blew things out of proportion.

But that will never happen.

TCD

Yep we heard the same thing here. Now a couple of weekends ago we had a no name storm that they didn't even think was gonna come to us. We got 7" or rain.

Yep everytime they see a disturbance they make wild predictions I just wait until it is here and then deal with it. I doubt the Fort got much of anything as they aren't far from here.