Disney Photo opportunities with your pet ?

Hi,

As you probably know by now from my numerous posts about my dog, we're taking our precious baby with us for the first time this December. I would love to know if Ft. Wilderness (or anywhere on property or nearby) offers a DISNEY photo opportunity with our dog ? Can Fido attend the camp fire for a picture with Chip and Dale? I asked that already knowing that the answer will be 'NO' but isn't that a fantastic idea ? 8)

Anywhere at all to have the whole (that means my Kenzi, too!) family's picture made with Mickey and friends or any other characters ?

Thanks!

Mitzi

• 1 month later...

You used to have a few: pictures with Santa at the Marketplace and PhotoPass at the Animal Kingdom entrance because the kennel is there. Plus, you could get pictures with the Disney characters. It was cool! Those are unfortunately gone, but I swore you could get pictures done by a Disney photographer at the new kennel center. I just can't find that information now. Why don't you give them a call and ask? 877.493.9738

Since the Meadows is not a pet area, you can't take your sweetie to see Chip and Dale. :(

Are you looking to get pictures yourself with your pup at a Disney location? Or one of theirs? If you want to do it yourself, I have seen people with a dog at the Marketplace, but I don't know if it is "in the rules". If you do that, you have the backdrop of the World of Disney windows (including those right off the road so you wouldn't be in the Marketplace) and the Leggo family with their dogs. That's a cool spot. Again, not sure if it's an issue. Just like I could "not" tell you to take your pup on the dog walk off of Loop 300 and head for the beach where you could -- if in the rules -- get a picture of said pup with the castle in the background with a zoom on Kenzi large in the foreground and the castle over her shoulder. Not that I have ever done that because there's a sign "No pets" after the bridge. ;)

Does anyone know? Is the Pluto doghouse and topiary still at the main lost and found? That's a good place for a pic (it was the original Magic Kingdom kennel).

Does anyone know? Is the Pluto doghouse and topiary still at the main lost and found? That's a good place for a pic (it was the original Magic Kingdom kennel).

Nope, I've been past there on the monorail a couple times, and all traces of the kennel are gone. The signs have all been changed out. It is purely Lost and Found

Now that they've done away with Santa pics with your pet at DTD (and shut down the small pet section in the Pooh store) and all the kennels are closed, I'm afraid the days of any Disney photo ops with the fur-kids have gone out the window.

It's a shame because Rita's right - there's a huge money making opportunity to be had that Disney is missing out on. I'm sure they could arrange something over at Best Friends if they didn't want to have to deal with the hassle/liability on Disney property.

Look how we campers clamored for Fort-specific merchandise and bought it all the second it hit the shelves!

Given that I'd bet at least 2/3 of campers travel with their pets...

ARE YOU LISTENING, MR. MOUSE??