South of the Boarder Campground

Stayed here last week on the way home from the Fort.

If you leave the Fort early you can make it here just before dark

Very Clean and Well maintained. The restrooms were spotless but older. We had no trouble with the satilite dish locking on.

Electric water and sewer but they don't have cable and it's less than $24.00

Easy on and off 95. It's behind the Exxon just off 95 on the left

I've stayed at lots of KOA's that wern't as nice or clean

• 2 weeks later...

Never stayed at the campground but stayed at the motel about 15 year ago when I was a kid. When I was a kid about every 15 to 20 miles or less you would pass a bill board with South of the Border advertised. Needless to say we joked about it for years and one time we had to stop to check it out. It was older then, not sure if they have remodeled since.

• 4 months later...

The campground is a very good choice for a overnight stop, if you know you will stay there I would call for resevations they filled up the time we stayed there. Full at night but emptied out fast.

Never stayed at the campground but stayed at the motel about 15 year ago when I was a kid. When I was a kid about every 15 to 20 miles or less you would pass a bill board with South of the Border advertised. Needless to say we joked about it for years and one time we had to stop to check it out. It was older then, not sure if they have remodeled since.

We still joke about it every trip! Pedro says....

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back north and although we didn't stay at SOB, we stopped to pick up some fireworks to bring back home (small ones for the grandkiddies) and a very few souvenirs. The billboards that we saw were new to us and we enjoyed reading them, at least you ALWAYS know how close it is getting.

It looks like some of the old signs got makeovers (and of course, being resistant to change, I miss the old ones!). I think Pedro got a facelift, too. He doesn't look the same. And I think some are missing. I didn't see the Caliente! one, although my kids were grateful for that, since I would always shout that one out, and keep repeating it every couple miles. Yeah, I'm a real treat to travel with.

Pedro's Weather Forecast: Chili Today, Hot Tamale

Keep screaming, kids. They'll stop!

When I was in Reserves, there was a guy in my unit that used to work summers there stocking the vending machines. When I told this to my son, he said "Wow Dad, you know somebody famous!"

• 1 month later...

We are stopping at SOB on the way home. It is very easy access...We also loved the multitude of signs growing up. At one point there was a SOB sign on southbound 95 at the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel - wish they were still posted every few miles.