SeaWorld Discovery Cove offers New SeaVenture Dive Experience

SeaVenture

The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where, while wearing a dive helmet, you’ll feel right at home under the sea. You don’t even have to have SCUBA certification. Find up-close excitement around every corner, each step yielding a new discovery. Easily climbing down a ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, you’ll come eye-to-eye with sharks through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic windows. During the journey, you’ll experience one-on-one touches with unique animals, schools of fish and velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock – and even touch unique sea life found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop. SeaVenture is a once-in-a-lifetime, undersea experience available for a nominal fee. Some say it’s like walking on the moon – but surrounded by fish. The program is about an hour long including orientation (SeaVenture walking tour length is approximately 25 minutes) for groups up to eight people per excursion. The cost is $59 per participant.

http://www.discovery...content=DIGITAL

I think this sounds like it could be a great way to make the big chunk of change that DC costs more worth it. We love DC but had an afternoon dolphin swim on a cold wet rainy day when time seemed to almost stand still while we waited for our time slot. IMO adding this type of experience to it could sure help on rainy days when it isn't bad enough for DC to cancel but you just don't want to swim or hang out under the liquid sunshine.

This may not be do-able for our punch-mistress though - in the fine print it says "Should not consume alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to experiencing SeaVenture" :rofl3:

SeaVenture began this past summer, haven't heard how it's being received.

While it does look very interesting, at $59 for a 25 minute experience, I'm not sure if it'll be something that the average family will do.

Sea World just announced an expansion last week. I guess they've taken a hit on attendance over the last few years.

This may not be do-able for our punch-mistress though - in the fine print it says "Should not consume alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to experiencing SeaVenture" :rofl3:

Ok, I'm out then! :P