Rental Car while at Ft. Wilderness

OK, we're headed back to the fort, and don't tow a car because we tow a trailer with decorations and a golf cart....lol.... So, I'm trying to figure out the best way to pickup and return a rental car to the Orlando airport - that's where the best rates are...... any ideas? Cabfare looks crazy, and I got confused trying to figure out the LYNX...... appreciate any suggestions!

When are you renting the car? Same day you arrive, or later? For the entire trip?

If it's the same day you arrive, you could just simply swing by the airport, and pick up the car.

Have you tried Alamo from the Dolphin?

Oh, you can schedule Mears to the airport from the Dolphin or Swan, last I looked it was $20 each way.

Also, here is the Lynx 111 schedule. A direct ride, no transfers from TTC to the airport.

http://www.golynx.com/core/file.php?path=/Solodev/clients/solodev/Enterprise%20Main/Data%20Center/Route%20Manager/_Images/0053420-link_111.pdf

We're renting it midway into our trip for a few days, planning on a side trip to SeaWorld. And the rental agencies onsite are notably more expensive than the airport locations..... so, thanks for the LYNX info, and we'll likely go that route. Appreciate the information!

I you only need it for Sea World, you can take Lynx #50 directly to Sea World from TTC.

Just tell the driver you want to get off at Sea World. For the return, the stop is directly across the street from where you were dropped off

http://www.golynx.com/core/file.php?path=/Solodev/clients/solodev/Enterprise%20Main/Data%20Center/Route%20Manager/_Images/0053332-link_50.pdf

Thanks.... current winning bids on Priceline or hotwire for the orlando airport are running between $10 and $13 a day.... so that's a considerable difference. Thanks again!!

I guess if you come out way ahead after factoring in the cost of picking it up and dropping it off at the airport, then it's worth it.

From what I know and even though you do save some money, there is a lot to be said for the convience of not having to deal with the whole airport roundtrip.