From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

Great update, Dave. Glad you survived the downhill side without having to use the runaway truck ramp. I've seen trucks in those in the Rockies and believe there is not enough of Pam's wine to calm me down from that.

Everybody has to stop at at least one Cracker barrel, I think there is a rule about it.

We stop at Harvest Moon we call it (Heavenly Rest) on our way home from the Fort every time. The goal is always to just get through Atlanta in one piece.

I had more to say but I got distracted by glitter+squirrel.gif

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

And we had just about the smallest picnic table I've ever seen. It would be perfect if Anna and Stef ever decided to go camping together. :rofl2:

P1020418.JPG

Ha Ha, very funny Dave! So I guess you won't be surprised to find out that I have one exactly that size in my backyard? It was made for Nathen when he was little, but he outgrew it long ago. Not me, though! I refuse to get rid of it until it falls apart! :P

Mo, you know I'd help you out there, but then they might realize I haven't started mine yet... :shh:

:popo:

I didn't know the Lodge Cast Iron store was in South Pittsburgh. DH keeps saying he wants to stop over in that town the next time we are heading over towards Chattanooga. He wants to find the haunted house that was shown on one of those ghost shows. I think the house use to be a hospital. Clearly I did not watch the show with him. So, as any good wife does I just smile and say sure. Now that I know the store is there....well maybe I'll have to be more encouraging about going to that town.

Loving all the pictures of your girls. You have travel trained them well.

It's a fun store to stop at. They have cast iron EVERYTHING. Some of the prices are good....some not so good. I was pretty happy with my dutch oven price, but there was a griddle there I've had my eye on at Walmart that is a few bucks cheaper at Walmart.

Dave, you really need to post Gwen's video she posted on facebook, I think everyone would get a kick out of it.

I'm planning on it. We have to post it to my Youtube account so I can link to it here. I think if I link to Gwen's fb only her friends can view it.

Great update, Dave. Glad you survived the downhill side without having to use the runaway truck ramp. I've seen trucks in those in the Rockies and believe there is not enough of Pam's wine to calm me down from that.

Everybody has to stop at at least one Cracker barrel, I think there is a rule about it.

We stop at Harvest Moon we call it (Heavenly Rest) on our way home from the Fort every time. The goal is always to just get through Atlanta in one piece.

Luckily my engine does of lot of the braking on hills...I hope to never need one of those ramps.

We actually like Cracker Barrel. The store is fun, they typically have RV parking, and they have an extensive low carb menu. :dance:

This picture reminded me of Kari from The Incredibles

Carrie2.jpg

Loving the TR Dave!!

Back when she had braces you might have said that even more so.

Ha Ha, very funny Dave! So I guess you won't be surprised to find out that I have one exactly that size in my backyard? It was made for Nathen when he was little, but he outgrew it long ago. Not me, though! I refuse to get rid of it until it falls apart! :P

:waycool:

WooHoo, A trip report that I am actually keeping up with... That is I get to the end and have to wait patiently with everyone else for the next installment.... Unlike other times, having to read pages and pages in one sitting.... Really enjoying the TR Dave.

I will go back to patiently waiting....... :suspense:

This picture reminded me of Kari from The Incredibles

Carrie2.jpg

Loving the TR Dave!!

Hilarious! It would be perfect if she still had her braces. Gwen has become quite the ham..she used to avoid all cameras, now she jumps in front of one whenever she sees one....even if it's not ours.

Love the pictures along the ride down, I've lost and or over heated my brakes before on some of the mountains near Penn State on the way to Raystown Lake before NOT FUN but lucky for me I knew it was coming so I was prepared and did not need a runaway ramp. Keep up a great trip report your girls love to ham it up for the camera.

Also, I am thankful that my drive to the Fort never involves driving up or down any mountains.

Aww come on Andrew, you know you have to travel up and down some of those Florida mountains from time to time.... aka on and off ramps :rofl3:

No comment on the Stef joke (I'm on her bad list).

TCD

:siren: WARNING: TCD LOVE FEST IN 3, 2, 1... :siren:

While I do have a bad list, you, my friend, are not on it!! If anyone on FF.net doesn't know that I love me some TCD, they must be newbies!

For the newbies: :heart: Stefa70 luvs TCD!! :heart: (It's ok, my husband knows all about it and likes my choice ^-^ )

So there! :raspberry:

Sorry for the hijack Dave...please carry on. Even with the short joke, you aren't on my list either.

:siren: WARNING: TCD LOVE FEST IN 3, 2, 1... :siren:

While I do have a bad list, you, my friend, are not on it!! If anyone on FF.net doesn't know that I love me some TCD, they must be newbies!

For the newbies: :heart: Stefa70 luvs TCD!! :heart: (It's ok, my husband knows all about it and likes my choice ^-^ )

So there! :raspberry:

Sorry for the hijack Dave...please carry on. Even with the short joke, you aren't on my list either.

Geez, I'm blushing over here.

Since I'm not on your bad list, I guess that I can confess that Dave and I actually had a discussion about whether or not you are taller than Anna. Dave thinks you are, I'm not so sure.

TCD

I'm with Judy. It's just a tad bit creepy. Unless I am misunderstanding, it seems that TCD has a little thing for a gnome? How in the world did my report get so far off the rails already?? Darn this whole work thing. If I could post more regularly I could avoid these issues.

I won't be able to pull this thing back on track until this evening, so I guess in the meantime have at it.

Since I'm not on your bad list, I guess that I can confess that Dave and I actually had a discussion about whether or not you are taller than Anna. Dave thinks you are, I'm not so sure.

TCD

I think we're close now, though by the time I get to meet her, she will probably be taller.

Hurry Dave.. the natives are getting restless.. and that whole love fest thing is creeping me out just alittle.. ok ok, I'm just jealous :raspberry:

Don't be jealous Judy, I luvs you too! :heartsmiley:

I won't be able to pull this thing back on track until this evening, so I guess in the meantime have at it.

Oh boy Dave, you're asking for it!

I did apologize for hijacking. :unsure:

This is one seriously good Trip Report Dave. I smiled, laughed, cried, smiled some more, laughed a bunch more, and we haven’t even gotten to the gagging fried OH-Hana. This is just great man just great!!! :)

From what I've heard TCD has even "seen your's" so I really guess Trevor is ok with it all.