From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Whew! I'm caught up!

Your background info on Anna almost made me cry, which I often do not do. She is such a precious, gorgeous little girl! Y'all are definitely blessed.

Back in '06, we were lucky enough to hit Monteagle at around 11pm during a thunder/lightening/buckets of rain storm. Good times.

I'm so hungry, now! GAG, cookies, ice cream, tonga toast, steak fries, steak and eggs...you're killing me! lol

Can't wait for your next installment!!

And within another couple minutes a carafe of their Kona blend coffee was sitting in front of me. :jumpforjoy

P1020477.JPG

I would love to try the french press pot of the real Kona someday. But INC is not a fan of french pressed coffee. And I don't want to drop $8 on coffee just for myself. But someday. Maybe when we get those pastries.

We try to make Kone Cafe our first breakfast! We love it! And the french press is (credit and royalties to Just Bob for the following saying) To Die For!!!

:jumpforjoy

They use to have a breakfast bowl of potatoes, meats, cheese and other goodies, but unfortunately they removed it off the menu. But the Coffee is NOT that sludge they serve at Fort and other locations.

This is a GREAT trip report!!!!

Can't wait to read all about your day at the Magic Kingdom. I bet all the girls had a fun time!

Heidi

Thank you Heidi! Glad you are still reading and I haven't bored anyone to sleep. MK update should be up tonight.

nice tr, dave... waiting for more pics-i want to be there soo bad.

Thanks. More coming later.

Whew! I'm caught up!

Your background info on Anna almost made me cry, which I often do not do. She is such a precious, gorgeous little girl! Y'all are definitely blessed.

Back in '06, we were lucky enough to hit Monteagle at around 11pm during a thunder/lightening/buckets of rain storm. Good times.

I'm so hungry, now! GAG, cookies, ice cream, tonga toast, steak fries, steak and eggs...you're killing me! lol

Can't wait for your next installment!!

Thank you YG! Sorry to bring on the hunger pangs.

We try to make Kone Cafe our first breakfast! We love it! And the french press is (credit and royalties to Just Bob for the following saying) To Die For!!!

:jumpforjoy

They use to have a breakfast bowl of potatoes, meats, cheese and other goodies, but unfortunately they removed it off the menu. But the Coffee is NOT that sludge they serve at Fort and other locations.

Hmm, breakfast bowl sounds good! Oh well, they still have some good choices. But when we get back to the Fort, I may skip most of the TS places and just do a counter service trip. I tend to like those just as much, for half the price.

But when we get back to the Fort, I may skip most of the TS places and just do a counter service trip. I tend to like those just as much, for half the price.

I agree Dave, but Kona is one of the splurges we do. We started going there when they changed out all the coffee to Neste sludge. And now it just a relaxing way to start the day, if we aren't cooking our own.

If they didn't have the Coffee we probably would do counter service more.

We tried Ohana's twice now for breakfast hoping the horible/pricy breakfast would be better the second time. We were wrong. Again, bad service and mediocre food you could get at a less expensive place. Save you money for dinner at Ohanas. We will have to try Kona next time. The food looks way better and I bet it's a tad cheaper

I agree, Ohana has definitely been the worst service for Breakfast that we have had.

BTW, Dave won't admit it but he tried and failed to free Melvin. He might, I say might, have proof that suggests otherwise. I sat in the living room where the real Melvin is enjoying his retirement years with my shotgun in hand just in case Dave broke in. It never happened.

So don't buy anything he posts. It's an imposter I tell ya.

OK, Dave, I'm all caught up now.

I am really enjoying your report.

I can't wait to hear about your trip to the MK.

I am so glad that your relative stopped by and made that happen.

He sounds like a really great guy!

The only relative I have who regularly visits me at the Fort is my stupid cousin, and he's nothing but trouble.

TCD

He is a good guy. Like all relatives you'd like to strangle him now and then, but he's a good guy nonetheless.

Well I know I am jumping ahead a bit in the report, but I can tell you that the service at Ohana at dinnertime is just as bad.

I'm glad we weren't the only ones ... This was my glass about 10 minutes after getting it: 264169971_a7b26ae44b_z.jpg That was also my glass when we checked out. Our waiter promised a refill THREE times; two other waiters said they would get me a refill; DID NOT HAPPEN!

BTW, Dave won't admit it but he tried and failed to free Melvin. He might, I say might, have proof that suggests otherwise. I sat in the living room where the real Melvin is enjoying his retirement years with my shotgun in hand just in case Dave broke in. It never happened.

So don't buy anything he posts. It's an imposter I tell ya.

I ain't buying it, so you shouldn't be selling it. I did stumble upon an extremely interesting photo though when I was uploading everything from the camera. I have one that may finally settle a certain mystery.

Alright! KFK is in the house!!!

I am always here... I'm just shy sometimes. ......

Ok, I can't even say that with a straight face. :rofl2:

Talk about magical pixie dust! I am so happy ya'll got to go to MK afterall!! :jumpforjoy:

Just FYI, KFM makes Magic Cookie Bars. Our name for them is Hallelujah Bars. Perhaps Glory Rolls and Hallelujah bars for SM 2012? ;D

I am always here... I'm just shy sometimes. ......

Ok, I can't even say that with a straight face. :rofl2:

Talk about magical pixie dust! I am so happy ya'll got to go to MK afterall!! :jumpforjoy:

Just FYI, KFM makes Magic Cookie Bars. Our name for them is Hallelujah Bars. Perhaps Glory Rolls and Hallelujah bars for SM 2012? ;D

Sounds like the beginnings of one heck of a potluck!!

But I can't wait till SM to try those glory rolls. Recipe please??? Would be great on Christmas morning.

Dave you tease, you've got us all excited about that update and we are still waiting!!

hmmm, so that's what it sounds like when the table dancer pot calls the kettle black... :heart: :laugh: :heart: