From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Judging by those happy faces it looks like that is one seriously happy Tennessee Family. :)

Thanks H! But I deleted all the pics when the kids were miserable and Christy and I were screaming at them. :nyd:

Love the installment about the pony rides. I remember when Kelly could no longer ride. It was a bit sad that my baby was growing up. Her favorite pony was Tonka. I remember his name still today.

Great report. We tried one of those bagel sandwiches on Sunday morning also.

It's funny the things we remember. I remember pony names from several years ago too. But yet I can't remember what I had for breakfast.

Does anyone notice something missing in this picture? :unsure:

Yikes! I hadn't noticed that before. Nice catch babe!

well it looks like the deer is missing it's head....I just guessed it was turned the other way since it looks like there are ears showing from the back but on second look was it photo shopped out?

Nope...no photoshop. It's a headless deer!!

Dave, I can't figure out how to just quote one pic so I'll just say pic number 9 on your last installment brought immediate tears to my eyes. I don't know why, I guess it's just because we all know Anna's story and to see that look on her face and know what we know how could it not make a joyful tear appear. Sorry if I sound sissy-ish.

Nah, Donnie. It doesn't sound sissyish. Now if Bob had said it, then yes it would sound sissyish. :D

I know one thing. In most families, the last child gets the least photographs. I don't think there is any danger of that in Anna's case!!!!

Nope. It's funny, our last two kids get the most camera time.

I agree. As someone once said "She's too stinkin cute".

:)

I know one thing. In most families, the last child gets the least photographs. I don't think there is any danger of that in Anna's case!!!!

We probably should be careful about including everyone in pictures. Its just hard not to take her picture, she has so much catching up to do and everything is new to her.

We probably should be careful about including everyone in pictures. Its just hard not to take her picture, she has so much catching up to do and everything is new to her.

Just wait until Christmas! :))

Hadn't been able to read your report in a few days. All caught up now. Great pics.

Thanks Michael!

I'm so glad I haven't poured my coffee yet or it would've been spewed on my puter screen right now. :rofl2:

:rofl3:

I think all your girls probably understand how special she is. From the pictures in this TR I don't think the others are hurting for camera time or love either. They appear to be pretty happy girls as well.

Ohhhh…..(wait for it)…..HANA!!!!

We've arrived at Monday evening, and our long awaited return to 'Ohana.

Yes, that 'Ohana. The restaurant that launched a thousand sh......oh, nevermind. You remember the story. If you didn't see my Oct 2010 trip report at Voldemort, let's just say that 'Ohana became a verb the next morning.

But despite all of that, INC allowed me to make another ADR for this trip. So without further delay, let's head out from the 500 loop for a little trip to the Poly!

We walked to the marina, as our Kenny cart was in the shop.

P1020861.JPG

P1020862.JPG

We boated and monorailed it, and arrived at the Poly a bit before our scheduled ADR. And right on time, we were called. On the way to our table, they showed us their signature dessert...the banana bread pudding. :heart:

P1020863.JPG

And the pineapple bread.

P1020864.JPG

We were lead to a table along the side of the restaurant, right by the windows. We could see the castle from our table, as well as the Poly grounds.

Stella was ready!

P1020869.JPG

Salad was the first thing to hit the table, along with the bread.

P1020870.JPG

Next up came the potstickers and sticky wings.

P1020871.JPG

We did a number on the potstickers and wings...those are the highlight of the meal in my opinion. And then they started coming around with the meats...first the grilled shrimp.

P1020872.JPG

They also came around with chicken, beef and pork. They were supposed to bring lo mein and broccoli, but we were almost done with our meal and I had to catch a server to bring some. They also were horrible at refilling our drinks. The service was really bad this time...but of course being a party of 6 or more I was automatically hit for an 18% gratuity. I swear the servers know that they are getting it no matter what, so they really don't try hard with a big party. At least it seems that way.

In any case, we had a good time despite the service. Stella joined in on the dancing.

P1020873.JPG

P1020875.JPG

P1020876.JPG

Anna got into the island vibe.

P1020881.JPG

P1020882.JPG

This might be my favorite picture of the trip.

P1020883.JPG

Gwen was getting into the island thing too!

P1020885.JPG

And Izzy too!

P1020890.JPG

P1020887.JPG

And then came the banana bread pudding...with a whole pitcher of caramel sauce poured over the top!

P1020888.JPG

And plain ice cream for the kids that don't like bread pudding.

P1020889.JPG

I wanted a cup of decaf with my dessert....but of course the server never came back around. So we paid the bill and left. It was a great time, with decent food, and horrible service. And we were STUFFED!

We left the Poly and took the monorail to the MK, where we got off and went to get the boat to the Fort. While waiting for the boat, INC and the girls were sitting on the bench at the boat docks and were leaning back, comparing their 'Ohana bellies. We were all very full...and our bellies were stretched a bit. Well INC leaned back and declared that she was gonna have a meat baby. We all howled! We laughed so hard that our bellies hurt. We all felt like we were having meat babies. Pretty soon, the boat came, and the whole ride back to the Fort we patted our bellies and compared our meat babies. The other people on the boat must have thought we were escaped psychiatric patients. :rofl2:

And by the way, if INC does actually give birth to a meat baby...we are naming him Little David.

Coming up: a secret mission....and Is That A Moose???

Oh yumm!!! I'm full just reading this!!!! A meat baby!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading Carol!

Only one thing to say.... That bread budding looks DELICIOUS. That and I want one... right now.

The bread pudding is one of the best parts of the meal. And it doesn't give you a meat baby. Of course, you might end up with a pudding baby.

Another great evening! I agree with you this picture is precious. :)P1020883.JPG

Thanks Doodle!

I think you may have something about the service when the gratuity is included - we had service as bad as yours when we had a large party ...

Yeah. The only other possible explanation is that the service at 'Ohana sucks for everybody.

I imagine the only time she doesn't look precious is in the middle of a massive tantrum... which I'm sure she doesn't have often. :rofl2:

No tantrums...but she does have a temper! It's just usually mild. And hilarious.

Enjoying the TR!

Thanks Genia. A few more updates and it'll finally be DONE!

:rofl2: @ the meat babies! Don't feel bad I've been mistaken for a psychiatric patient before too. LOL.

I love all the photos of the Hawaiian-TN princesses. Great shot of you and INC too! Beautiful!

Thanks KFK!

funny, I thought we all had been mistaken for psychiatric patients... isn't that one of the requirements?

It should be. I've done a lot of work in psychiatric hospitals over the years. I feel right at home.

Thanks Genia. A few more updates and it'll finally be DONE!

No! Say it isn't so!

Meat baby :rofl2: There are so many places I could take that, but I'll refrain.

Banana bread pudding with caramel sauce....YUM! I could skip the wings and all and just eat a bucket of that.

The kids are adorable, but I think I may have mentioned that before. ::)

Ohhhh…..(wait for it)…..HANA!!!!

We've arrived at Monday evening, and our long awaited return to 'Ohana.

Yes, that 'Ohana. The restaurant that launched a thousand sh......oh, nevermind. You remember the story. If you didn't see my Oct 2010 trip report at Voldemort, let's just say that 'Ohana became a verb the next morning.

(snip...)

This might be my favorite picture of the trip.

P1020883.JPG

I have two comments.

First, I agree that that is about the cutest picture ever.

Second (and much more disturbing), I realized today that all along I have misunderstood the meaning of Ohhhhhhhana. I thought it was more of a flatulence problem. I now know better, though I wish I didn't. I hope you didn't have any moments that were too reminescent of Cousin Eddie:

eddie.jpg

Regardless, I'm ready (I think!) for the next installment...