From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

That my friend is an awesome deal, GOD I love amazon!

anywho, I can help with a few of those questions. We had a 20lb tank hooked up to it for 5 hours total on thanksgiving, we did two turkeys. One I did inject with a marinade and used a dry rub on the other, both were equally excellent. I was worried about the dry rub "coming" off but it stuck beautifully. The tank was still 3/4 of the way full when we were done. In fact, I'll be using that same tank for our Christmas dinner.

We are doing a prime rib in it this weekend, just recevied confirmation that DH will be home late Friday night, so Christmas is back on for the Carter household. I'll be sure to let you know how the prime rib works out :)

Alright!!!!!! That is the best news this Christmas!!!!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Well my fine Fiends, I do believe we have reached the end of this report.

I really enjoyed sharing my family's trip with you all. I am thankful that you all came along for the ride. It was a lot of fun for me! Let's see...we have gone back in time to 2008 Russia, we have had a "Magical" trip down in the DaveInTN family church van fun bus, we had surprise park passes from my awesome cousin, we were scared half to death by a psycho Ariel, we went to Chef Mickey's and watched Anna assault Donald, we went on a secret mission to rescue a moose, we gave birth to a meat baby, and we rode ponies and horses and fished too!

But the highlight of the trip??

Spending time with Fiends, of course!!

I have to say, the time we spent visiting with Fiends was awesome. And the evening of TITWIT was MOST awesome for me!

What a blast we had!

And so, this trip report is over.

But before we wrap it up and send it to the vaults, there is one thing I wanted to set straight.

You see, there was one thing I wrote about in this trip report that was not completely on the up and up.

It has to do with a certain moose, and a photoshopped picture.

Do you remember my account of how this picture came about?

Melvin1.jpg

Remember I told how it was so dark backstage, that I couldn't see Melvin and didn't know he was there until seeing the picture after we got home?

Well, I lied.

It was plenty light back there. INC called me out, and she was right.

I saw Melvin just fine.

What, you were thinking I made the whole thing up? To the contrary. We found Melvin. And Izzy posed for a picture with him. That photo above was not photoshopped.

So what WAS photoshopped??

Well, ya see, I couldn't just leave the poor guy hanging blindfolded on the wall. So I snatched him!

We covered him up with some old HDDR costumes and ran for it. And once we got him outta there, he became quite chatty. He told me he had been hanging back there since 1987. He told me how much he HATED kazoos. And he told me about a lifelong dream of his. Which I was determined to fulfil. Melvin wanted to ride Space Mountain.

So you see...the picture in question that was photoshopped was actually this one.

SM2.jpg

You see how my hand doens't look natural? The one pointing to my daughter looks funny, and there is a strange brown splotch above it.

I altered the pic because the original is just too darn shocking. And incriminating.

But I don't care.

You all deserve to know the truth.

Melvin is Free!!!

And he wanted to ride Space Mountain.

So we made his dreams come true.....

SM3.jpg

He had a blast! He wanted to ride again. But Disney security showed up soon after this pic was taken, so we had to hightail it outta there.

Melvin is now a free moose, living in an undisclosed location under an assumed name.

Don't be surprised if he shows up at a future GG. He is a Fiend, afterall. Just be aware of one thing. That moose has a flatulance problem. So don't give him too much beer. And by all means, don't give him punch. Try to limit his fried chicken consumption. And be prepared for one thing. He just might ask you to ride Space Mountain. Go for it.

Well my fine Fiends, I do believe we have reached the end of this report.

I really enjoyed sharing my family's trip with you all. I am thankful that you all came along for the ride. It was a lot of fun for me! Let's see...we have gone back in time to 2008 Russia, we have had a "Magical" trip down in the DaveInTN family church van fun bus, we had surprise park passes from my awesome cousin, we were scared half to death by a psycho Ariel, we went to Chef Mickey's and watched Anna assault Donald, we went on a secret mission to rescue a moose, we gave birth to a meat baby, and we rode ponies and horses and fished too!

But the highlight of the trip??

Spending time with Fiends, of course!!

I have to say, the time we spent visiting with Fiends was awesome. And the evening of TITWIT was MOST awesome for me!

What a blast we had!

And so, this trip report is over.

But before we wrap it up and send it to the vaults, there is one thing I wanted to set straight.

You see, there was one thing I wrote about in this trip report that was not completely on the up and up.

It has to do with a certain moose, and a photoshopped picture.

Do you remember my account of how this picture came about?

Melvin1.jpg

Remember I told how it was so dark backstage, that I couldn't see Melvin and didn't know he was there until seeing the picture after we got home?

Well, I lied.

It was plenty light back there. INC called me out, and she was right.

I saw Melvin just fine.

What, you were thinking I made the whole thing up? To the contrary. We found Melvin. And Izzy posed for a picture with him. That photo above was not photoshopped.

So what WAS photoshopped??

Well, ya see, I couldn't just leave the poor guy hanging blindfolded on the wall. So I snatched him!

We covered him up with some old HDDR costumes and ran for it. And once we got him outta there, he became quite chatty. He told me he had been hanging back there since 1987. He told me how much he HATED kazoos. And he told me about a lifelong dream of his. Which I was determined to fulfil. Melvin wanted to ride Space Mountain.

So you see...the picture in question that was photoshopped was actually this one.

SM2.jpg

You see how my hand doens't look natural? The one pointing to my daughter looks funny, and there is a strange brown splotch above it.

I altered the pic because the original is just too darn shocking. And incriminating.

But I don't care.

You all deserve to know the truth.

Melvin is Free!!!

And he wanted to ride Space Mountain.

So we made his dreams come true.....

SM3.jpg

He had a blast! He wanted to ride again. But Disney security showed up soon after this pic was taken, so we had to hightail it outta there.

Melvin is now a free moose, living in an undisclosed location under an assumed name.

Don't be surprised if he shows up at a future GG. He is a Fiend, afterall. Just be aware of one thing. That moose has a flatulance problem. So don't give him too much beer. And by all means, don't give him punch. Try to limit his fried chicken consumption. And be prepared for one thing. He just might ask you to ride Space Mountain. Go for it.

I'm not sure how much I like that you have your arm around that moose.....looking all happy. Are you sure Melvin is a Melvin and not a Martha? ???

Great trip report thanks for letting us ride along, pictures were just awsome and I loved the way you talk about everything as if you are doing it all over again it's a great way to do the report, thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

First off...I'm not so sure that horsebacking riding and fishing is what it's all about. I had always heard that doing the hokey pokey was what it's all about. But to each his own.

And secondly, I am ready and waiting for our mission to Kentucky. Just pick me up on your way.

Thank you! And of all the pics in that post...this is the most "hang on the wall" worthy.

P1020871.JPG

:heart:

LOL...when I went back thru that post and realized how many pood forn pics there were, I had a feeling you might respond like this! :rofl2:

The one of you and your wife is darling! Try that one instead.

Great trip report! I didn't want it to end. It is now one of my top three favorite trip reports! I won't tell you which trip reports made up the rest of the top three, but let's just say one of them had to do with a trip to Moscow, and another one was a report that just won't end...it goes on and on and on....

Well...I never expected this trip report to go 30 pages. I guess I shared a few too many pictures, and blathered on about every little thing we did a bit much. But I've enjoyed telling the stories. And now, over 3 weeks since starting, we've reached the last day of the trip. Finally!

I thought that was the way these things were SUPPOSED to go! ;D

Seriously, this was one great report! And what a fitting way to end it... Melvin the Moose on Space Mountain! I'll bet he enjoyed getting out of storage and enjoying the rides for a change. Good for you Dave... :bravo:

Great trip report! I didn't want it to end. It is now one of my top three favorite trip reports! I won't tell you which trip reports made up the rest of the top three, but let's just say one of them had to do with a trip to Moscow, and another one was a report that just won't end...it goes on and on and on....

Thanks Holly! We are blessed to have a lot of great trip reports here on ff.net. I'm glad you liked mine...thanks for reading and for commenting! The comments make it all worthwhile.