From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

I thought that was the way these things were SUPPOSED to go! ;D

Seriously, this was one great report! And what a fitting way to end it... Melvin the Moose on Space Mountain! I'll bet he enjoyed getting out of storage and enjoying the rides for a change. Good for you Dave... :bravo:

Thank you Kim....freeing Melvin just warmed my heart. ;)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

GREAT TR Dave I have enjoyed it like I was there with you. Oh I was for some of it!!! lol. Not enought thou.

You have a knack for writing them, everyone feels like they are along for the ride. Guess that's why Melvin asked you to take him on SM.

Now on to Stoned Mtn, for another great trip. Can't wait. (I am ploting till then to get even)

Dave-

Great job!

I am shocked about the whole Melvin surprise.

I thought you were going to admit that you photoshopped your Dole Whip photos,

This Melvin being free thing was a real shock!

That my friend is an awesome deal, GOD I love amazon!

anywho, I can help with a few of those questions. We had a 20lb tank hooked up to it for 5 hours total on thanksgiving, we did two turkeys. One I did inject with a marinade and used a dry rub on the other, both were equally excellent. I was worried about the dry rub "coming" off but it stuck beautifully. The tank was still 3/4 of the way full when we were done. In fact, I'll be using that same tank for our Christmas dinner.

We are doing a prime rib in it this weekend, just recevied confirmation that DH will be home late Friday night, so Christmas is back on for the Carter household. I'll be sure to let you know how the prime rib works out :)

First, congratulations on your DH's return for Christmas.

Second, thanks for the tips on the Big Easy. I think I'm going to go for it.

Remember to let us know how the prime rib works out. I have never cooked prime rib before, but that is something that my family certainly enjoys- so it would be awesome if I could make one in that thing.

TCD

GREAT TR Dave I have enjoyed it like I was there with you. Oh I was for some of it!!! lol. Not enought thou.

You have a knack for writing them, everyone feels like they are along for the ride. Guess that's why Melvin asked you to take him on SM.

Now on to Stoned Mtn, for another great trip. Can't wait. (I am ploting till then to get even)

Thanks for reading Lorna! I have no doubt that you will get even somehow. Although I seem to post enough photos of myself where I look like an idiot...I can't imagine how much dumber you could make me look! LOL.

Dave-

Great job!

I am shocked about the whole Melvin surprise.

I thought you were going to admit that you photoshopped your Dole Whip photos,

This Melvin being free thing was a real shock!

I know...and you were there when I busted him out! Imagine the shock of those reading along from the outside. :rofl3:

It took me a bit but I've just finished reading all 32 pages! I love having a DaveInTN report! Your family is precious and now even more so with Anna! I'm thrilled to see her so happy and comfortable.

A few comments:

Emma totally won the dole whip contest. Hands down!

I love the TCD/Anna picture and story. He's about to lose the twins to college. If he adopts, we can have 18 more years of trip reports!

I'm going to head over to Kona Cafe ASAP and get some Tonga Toast. Yummm.

It took me a bit but I've just finished reading all 32 pages! I love having a DaveInTN report! Your family is precious and now even more so with Anna! I'm thrilled to see her so happy and comfortable.

A few comments:

Emma totally won the dole whip contest. Hands down!

I love the TCD/Anna picture and story. He's about to lose the twins to college. If he adopts, we can have 18 more years of trip reports!

I'm going to head over to Kona Cafe ASAP and get some Tonga Toast. Yummm.

Thanks for the comments!

I agree with you on all counts. Emma's Dole Whip was clearly the biggest and had the best form. 18 more years of TCD trip reports would be awesome! And you do need to get some Tonga Toast asap.

Dave,

Loved the trip report from start to finish! I have to say that I feel a bit sad that it is all over................................

I hope you do a report on the gathering at Stone Mountain. If i remember correcty you did a report on the trip last year., which I enjoyed very much!

Heidi

Thanks Heidi - I'm glad you enjoyed the report. As far as Stone Mountain...I will have to try a trip report. And maybe considering how many fiends will be there, it should be a live trip report. A live, drunken trip report. :rofl2:

That would be good for laughs.

OK, Dave, I reread this thing from start to finish again last night. Once again it was a WONDERFUL trip report, and I LOVE all the family pics of your trip, BUT............

I call bunk on Melvin!!!! You rode Space Mountain BEFORE you went on the Free Melvin Mission!!!!!!!! You probably thought we forgot since you wrote it over several weeks!!!! GOTTCHA!!!!!