From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

I know you have a cousin or Uncle in the Florida area that is good with photo shop, I doubt that any of those lovely daughters would condone this type of mischief

Are you kidding me? They are in on every part...and he is teaching them all he knows. Which right now is not that much...... but I'm sure his mischief skills will increase as the years go by. Right?... my love? I love you.

Now you just wait a minute mister! What is this about you soliciting apple pies from other members?

I *snif* can't believe you'd do such a thing. Giving away my bribe ideas...*sniff*.....:

Don't worry. His solicitations fell on deaf ears.

Problem solved Nicki, but you can't blame me for trying.

Besides, your trip to the Fort is a long ways off. You can't expect me to go without apple pie for that long.

Problem solved Nicki, but you can't blame me for trying.

Besides, your trip to the Fort is a long ways off. You can't expect me to go without apple pie for that long.

I think you tag should say "I hold the record for cramming the most apple pie into my face!" :rofl3:

:hah: Cheater, cheater pie eater!

So you are saying you don't have any self control when it comes to apple pie... :rofl2:

I wonder how long TCD can wait for his apple pie....... :raspberry:

I think you tag should say "I hold the record for cramming the most apple pie into my face!" :rofl3:

:hah: Cheater, cheater pie eater!

So you are saying you don't have any self control when it comes to apple pie... :rofl2:

I wonder how long TCD can wait for his apple pie....... :raspberry:

Seeing that I'm confessing, I cheated on you over the weekend. Yes, I couldn't stay away from Jen.......... Jen's mini apple pies. But I just had one. And I didn't tell TCD that Jen had made some.

Seeing that I'm confessing, I cheated on you over the weekend. Yes, I couldn't stay away from Jen.......... Jen's mini apple pies. But I just had one. And I didn't tell TCD that Jen had made some.

Well.... I've got no words but I am glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that! I'd have choked on it or it would be on my screen right now.:rofl2:

November just can't get here soon enough!

Now you may have started something between Jen and TCD.... for shame!

• 3 months later...

Dave,

I finally read the entire thing. What an awesome report! Your family is priceless. Thanks for sharing your family trip with us.

The Melvin story is great and well done on the photoshoping. However, I may have to call you out on the shimming up the pole. IF you daughter got in somehow then I suppose you could have gone in walked up the stairs and opened the doors and walked out? What is the truth Dave? Enquiring minds want to know!

You made good time back on that Saturday. We came back on that Sunday and it took us 16 hours, the Thanksgiving traffic was awful. Coming over Monteagle is always white knuckles for me and my hands cramp too. I have to agree that Chattanooga can be worse than Atlanta.

Maybe our families could camp somewhere in TN sometime with TNBob and any other regional FIENDS..

Dave,

The Melvin story is great and well done on the photoshoping. However, I may have to call you out on the shimming up the pole. IF you daughter got in somehow then I suppose you could have gone in walked up the stairs and opened the doors and walked out? What is the truth Dave? Enquiring minds want to know!

YC did Lou put you up to this? :rofl2:

Would Lou do such a thing....?

You know, I was actually thinking about shimming that pole myself on my next trip, but the more I thought there had to be an easier way.

I plan to "shimmy" that pole myself in June because that is a really cool picture and even better story.

YC

Dave,

Maybe our families could camp somewhere in TN sometime with TNBob and any other regional FIENDS..

YC, as a matter of fact, we are camping at Defeated Creek on Sept 21 and 22, I am sure you are welcome to join us.

• 4 weeks later...

We had our one year post-placement visit from the social worker today. Russia requires 5 post placement reports; at 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years. At each visit we need to provide 5 or 6 photos of Anna with all family members, to show how she is doing and how she is integrating into the family. I needed to select photos taken since our 6 months visit. That period of time included the Thanksgiving trip. So of the 6 photos I ended up providing, 5 were from this trip report. Those were such happy, wonderful family times. Plus a little part of me wanted to rub our good fortune and blessings into the Russian's noses. They don't think kids with DS are worth adopting or raising, and they don't believe they can lead purposeful lives. Yeah, sure. Put this in your Russian crack pipe and smoke it.

P1020736.JPG

P1020576.JPG

P1020640.JPG

P1020804.JPG

P1020883.JPG

Darn just go make me tear up why doncha?? Those Anna smiles do it every time. What a beautiful & happy little girl - and she was a positive angel over Thanksgiving too... absolutely adorable! ... just don't eat the salsa :rofl2:

They say living well is the best revenge and, from what I can see, Anna and family are living very well indeed. Bless you all for sharing her with us. :heart: