From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

\

some people just don't like stuffed animal that stares at you. the deer or the fish on the wall. How do we know that Melvin didn't ask someone to sneak him in there so he could watch the people getting dressed.....

Are you saying that Melvin is a pervert? If so, I need to rethink this whole rescue.

I didn't think of that! Is that the ladies dressing room? If Dave frees Melvin, he may want to keep him blindfolded around the girls!

No, I think that is where Six BIts gets changed. This is getting way too lurid!

FYI this is a link to more info on Melvin's history at the fort, http://progresscityu...breakfast-show/ for those who have not followed Dave's quest to free the moose!

Thank you for the link Rita! Now everyone can understand why I began my quest. Although with some of these recent allegations I am beginning to believe the moose needs continued incarceration, or maybe therapy.

Great job on the Melvin find! ;)

I'm honored to be seen in a DaveinTN trip report!!! :worship:

And I didn't think I was going to meet you on this trip.

WOW!

I can't believe that stupid moose was backstage!

I thought this mission was a fail.

But you found Melvin!

Way to go!

TCD

Couldn't have done it without you, Andrew. This was a team effort.

That was one amazing mission. I would have paid money to have seen you two shimmy up to the balcony.

That would be the worst money you would ever spend.

Are you saying that Melvin is a pervert? If so, I need to rethink this whole rescue.

No, I think that is where Six BIts gets changed. This is getting way too lurid!

just saying it's a possibility... but if that's where Six Bits gets changed then your girls are probably safe

That would be the worst money you would ever spend.

I beg to differ. The hilarity itself would have more than made up for the money paid. I'll bet most here would agree with me.... including INC

I sure hope all of you aren't falling for Dave's wild fantasy story. Just remember, this is Dave we're dealing with.

I bet that imposter Melvin wanna-be doesn't even talk.

And what did he bribe Andrew with in order to get him to go along with this outrages fabrication?

Outrageous fabrication? It just so happens that I have a major surprise picture I will show later in this report that might change your opinion. Let's just say we haven't seen the last of this topic.

Ok, let's move on from our little mission to the rest of Tuesday. We had ANOTHER mission to go on...but this one is not as controversial. Well, at least I don't think it is. We had a Fiend Dole Whip Excursion to go on!

But before we get to that, I snapped a pic of this sign on the laundry room door at the CS. This has probably already been posted somewhere, but just remember from now on that you need to bring you KTTW card with you to access the laundry rooms at the Fort.

P1030026.JPG

Ok, back to our Dole Whip Excursion. Let's generate a bit more controversy! Why would it potentially be controversial?

Let's just say that a certain unnamed Fiend (TCD) has made fun of me for a couple of years about a Dole Whip I included in a previous trip report that was "modest".

This was the Dole Whip in question...from October 2010, is this.

DSCF3802.jpg

Sure, it's not too impressive. But I was happy with it. So there.

But on this trip, I was going to allow peer pressure to get the best of me. I was going to make a bigger Dole Whip!

So that afternoon, Alli (Keylime8675309) and her DD came by our site and off we went to the Poly.

We boated it. We monorailed it.

P1020903.JPG

We arrived at the Poly and headed to Captain Cooks.

My Emma made hers first.

P1020912.JPG

Pretty nice technique, eh? Kudos to Emma!

Alli's is pretty impressive too!

P1020915.JPG

And then there was mine. The pic is kinda washed out...but I was happy with my Dole Whip.

P1020921.JPG

It was so tall the top was beginning to fall over!

We all enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of the Poly, the great company and the Dole Whip!

P1020927.JPG

P1020906.JPG

We talked for a while, and it was getting late in the afternoon when we started to head back to the Fort. We monorailed to the MK and boated from there.

P1020928.JPG

P1020929.JPG

P1020930.JPG

P1020931.JPG

P1020933.JPG

P1020935.JPG

We had a great time. And then we were back at the Fort. We rested a bit, and then decided to go down to the porch to grab some pizza for dinner. We'd never had Trails End pizza before. We'd read the reviews. We weren't expecting much. So we weren't disappointed.

INC and I each had a drink on the porch.

P1020995.JPG

Before too long, our two pizzas were ready.

P1020996.JPG

P1020997.JPG

I have to say...the pizzas were not the worst I've ever had. They tasted like any frozen, rising crust pizza. But at that moment, on that porch, with my beautiful wife and awesome kids (and a slight buzz from the Mai Tai), they were the best pizzas ever!

Coming up...Anna kisses up to TCD. And TITWIT!!

I have to say...the pizzas were not the worst I've ever had. They tasted like any frozen, rising crust pizza. But at that moment, on that porch, with my beautiful wife and awesome kids (and a slight buzz from the Mai Tai), they were the best pizzas ever!

DH really likes the TE pizza. So much so, that we ended up pizza several nights between Halloween & Thanksgiving. If given a choice of your TE selections on Tuesday, I'd rather take the Mai Tai.

Missed a few days of reading this TR, but all caught up now, and waiting for the next post. Thanks for sharing your family and your adventures with us!

Thanks for reading, Sheila!

Those are some very impressive Dole Whips, Dave! It's nice to know that there is at least one place at the world where you can get your money's worth. :banana: I don't know if it's because I'm hungry but the pizza looks pretty good too!

You must be hungry. :rofl2:

I'm kidding...it's not all that terrible.

AWESOME update Dave. I think we have a winner on the Dole Whip stacks!!!!!

EMMA!!!!!!

I think you are right. She had a good technique for sure. I try to turn the cup and make it swirl...she just keeps the cup steady and slowly lowers it as the Dole Whip comes out.

I would have to agree with that ruling. Go Emma!

Yeah yeah...let's not give her a big head.

DH really likes the TE pizza. So much so, that we ended up pizza several nights between Halloween & Thanksgiving. If given a choice of your TE selections on Tuesday, I'd rather take the Mai Tai.

Yeah! That Mai Tai had a KICK!

The pink slushie whatever that was that INC had looks yummy!!

That was what they call a Pina Colava...they have the same drink menu at Tambu (sp?) Lounge at the Poly...and she had seen it there when we went to Ohana.

That was what they call a Pina Colava...they have the same drink menu at Tambu (sp?) Lounge at the Poly...and she had seen it there when we went to Ohana.

Yeah, that's a pretty standard drink around all the WDW bars. Pina Colada with Rasberry Puree. I've had my fair share of those over the years!!!

Nice dole whip Dave!

Pizza and drinks form crocketts, that's like a dream date. What can I say, I'm easy.

Looking forward to Anna kissing up to TCD....Now, I know we must be related! :heart:

Well Dave, my computer has been on the blink all day, but do you know what trip report I checked first when I got back on-line?

This one!

And I'm glad I did.

I am very happy to see that you made yourself a nice non-wimpy Dole Whip.

But, your daughter's was still bigger.

As it should be.

So, good job!

I can't wait to hear the story about how Anna kissed up to TCD.

I know that one will bring a smile to my face!

TCD

Love the Dole Whips!

I also want to say this statement made my snarky, cold heart turn warm and mushy for a moment!

All caught up now!!!! Like I said before, really enjoying this trip report.

Great pictures of you and TCD on the balcony of Pioneer Hall!!!!

Now I want a Dole Whip...........those looked yummy!!!

Thanks Heidi! I do enjoy Dole Whip...but I gotta admit I'm not a purist. I prefer to swirl the Pineapple and Vanilla ones, instead of getting just the pineapple Dole Whip.

Fort fiends have the Best trip reports!!!! :heart:

There are some really good ones on here!! I'm just trying to keep up.

Nice dole whip Dave!

Pizza and drinks form crocketts, that's like a dream date. What can I say, I'm easy.

Looking forward to Anna kissing up to TCD....Now, I know we must be related! :heart:

Oh yes...she charmed him on a couple of occasions.

waiting ever so patiently.... no snark... really

I had to work today...and haven't been feeling well. But, an update should be coming up this evening.

Well Dave, my computer has been on the blink all day, but do you know what trip report I checked first when I got back on-line?

This one!

And I'm glad I did.

I am very happy to see that you made yourself a nice non-wimpy Dole Whip.

But, your daughter's was still bigger.

As it should be.

So, good job!

I can't wait to hear the story about how Anna kissed up to TCD.

I know that one will bring a smile to my face!

TCD

Thanks Andrew. And yes, I agree with everyone that has said Emma's Dole Whip was bigger than mine. There is no denying that! And I remember that your daughters' Dole Whips have frequently outshined yours as well. Must be youth.

Apple doesn't fall far.

From you or me? :)

yes but it might roll a bit further

Yep.

Love the Dole Whips!

I also want to say this statement made my snarky, cold heart turn warm and mushy for a moment!

I would never describe your heart as cold. Snarky, possibly. But cold, no way.

:popcorn:

Are you sure you want an update? Because we are getting closer and closer to TITWIT.