From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

So awesome, Dave! All anyone would have to do is compare those photos to the ones of Anna in Russia to see how amazingly well she's growing, thriving and leading a wonderful life.

They say living well is the best revenge ...

If that's the case, Anna wins by a landslide! :heartsmiley:

• 3 months later...

I'm late to this party. That was hands down the best TR I've ever read. I laughed, I cried, I learned about Tonga Toast! Thank you for sharing your precious family with us.

Thank you Betsy!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I plan on writing another trip report starting in a couple of weeks....we are taking a "top secret" trip for my wife's birthday starting next Saturday.

Oh, and sorry about making you cry. I'll try not to do that again!

I'm late to this party. That was hands down the best TR I've ever read. I laughed, I cried, I learned about Tonga Toast! Thank you for sharing your precious family with us.

Don't feel bad, Betsy…I just finished reading this yesterday! I had glanced at it when it was "Hot" a few times last spring, then it slipped off the radar for a while, and I didn't get on FF most of the summer.

I went to look something up on one of TCD's old reports, this one popped back up as a "most read" and it reminded me that I needed to read it.

I'm so glad I did. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug Anna myself! I hope to one day have the privilege of meeting that sweet little girl.

FP4

Thank you Betsy!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I plan on writing another trip report starting in a couple of weeks....we are taking a "top secret" trip for my wife's birthday starting next Saturday.

Oh, and sorry about making you cry. I'll try not to do that again!

Hey I'm a girl....a good cry is sometimes what it takes! The sheer JOY in Anna's face is enough to bring a tear. You have such a sweet family. I read your TR about Anna's adoption and I look forward to your next adventure. Thank you for sharing your journeys with us.

Betsy

• 11 months later...

Another epic TR Dave.

Finally read it.

I shouldn't have waited so long.

Today was officially DIT TR day in my house.

I loved the rubbing the Ruskies nose in it ending.

The Pioneer Hall balcony stuff had me rolling.

Loved the pic of TCD and Anna and the story that went with it.

Tonga Toast!

The chocolate chip waffles at Roaring Forks are calling my name.  DS liked the looks of them too.

DS was also cracking up at the video.  He thought Gwen's antics were hilarious.

Hey I just noticed there are 14 guests reading this TR right now. 

Is it possible that 15 people are reading this right now?

If so, that's great.

They will all enjoy it as much as I have.

Peace brother.

Thanks Aaron! 

Wow, you read 36 pages of this today, plus the other TR's?? 

I'm sorry I wasted so much of your day.  :rofl3:

And right now, there are 17 guests reading this.  How can that be?  That can't be right.  Unless they are KGB. 

The house was cleaned yesterday and I had zero plans to do anything today after the kids swim lessons this morning.

Plus a cool breeze was coming in the front window all day.  A pot of dunkin donuts coffee, my laptop, intermittent stretching, heating, and electrocuting of the lower back......and voila......ready for a DIT TR day!

16 right now.  Wish some of these guests would register!

I know!