TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving at the Fort Trip Report

Funny thing. We were at the Fort for Christmas and I can't remember what the Castle looked like at night but it sure looks purty in your pictures...

It really is purty!

And, I forgot to mention something.

According to my Mickey Monitor (the passholder newsletter), all of those lights on the castle only use the amount of electicity that it would take to power two standard refrigerators.

Great update! And you are correct, I am relegated to posting from my phone during the day. So no updates from me yet. Typing an entire trip report update on this little swype keyboard would be infuriating.

Yeah, I guessed you were reading and posting on your phone, since you told me your work computer blocks ff.net.

Love the late night MK pictures. I am already packed TYVM! As a matter of fact my suitcase is already on its way!

I should have known!

Have a great trip.

I will be looking for your report!

TCD

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision. Most of our trips are more like your Hal

Somethings just can't be topped.. and you my friend are the winner for today.. :bellringer:

Neat! My thesis focused on the assimilation efforts (through education) and the Carlisle Indian School. I first got interested in Native American studies after learning about the Trail of Tears on my

I'm glad you were able to score an upgrade, Andrew. I have never stayed in either the 1500 or 2000 loops, but I have read the horror stories of 2000.

I love Fiesty's Thanksgiving decorations!!

You still get credit in my book, 2 am is very respectable after putting in a long day.

Love the pictures of the twins. They are beautiful girls.

Okay, now get busy, I'm ready for more! :popcorn:

It really is purty!

And, I forgot to mention something.

According to my Mickey Monitor (the passholder newsletter), all of those lights on the castle only use the amount of electicity that it would take to power two standard refrigerators.

well, i went back and looked at our pictures from the trip... even though we watched the fireworks from the beach... apparently, we didnt take photos. Then I remembered, we left MK before it got dark... so no wonder I don't remember it.

I'm glad you were able to score an upgrade, Andrew. I have never stayed in either the 1500 or 2000 loops, but I have read the horror stories of 2000. I love Fiesty's Thanksgiving decorations!!

You still get credit in my book, 2 am is very respectable after putting in a long day.

not just 2am but 2am after all that driving... impressive!

He really doesn't want to join the slacker family.. or is he already a member?

Yeah!!! Another TCD trip report. I do have one question though...you mentioned this is your 14th TR on here; Is the 13th one going to follow this one or are you just superstitious about the number 13? You said your Halloween TR was your 12th and now we have the 14th. ???

Wait!! I

know what it is...

I haven't bought my official Fort Fiends sign yet so, I don't have one of those special privileges to view the 13th TCD TR. :rofl3:

Thanks for the update TCD!

Great update! And you are correct, I am relegated to posting from my phone during the day. So no updates from me yet. Typing an entire trip report update on this little swype keyboard would be infuriating.

We don't mind infuiating, so go ahead and swype!

TCD! I'm in. Once again we missed each other. I was in the 1500 loop until Monday, and I can assure you it wasn't that busy then. In fact, most of the week prior the Fort was deserted. There were quite a few empty sites. Even the 2000 loop wasn't that busy I heard from friends over there. Glad you got the upgrade. The people in the 1500 loop were beyond obnoxious, especially early in the morning or late at night. All of the other loops seemed so tranquil and quiet in comparison. Can't wait to read more!

Andrew,

Good thing you got the upgrade to the 1200 loop. I looped every night we were there and the 2000 loop looked like it's wild obnoxious self. One night we had 3 "dirty, wild, foul mouthed teenagers chase my cart with my kids on the back and they scared the crap out of them. I actually had to stop and asked if they had a problem. I feel sorry for the regular campers who get that loop on a busy weekend.

On another note, thanks for spikeing my wife. You caught her off guard with what she called "this rusty thing" I guess we just kept missing each other again. I stopped by your site a few times during the week but no luck. Look forward to more of your great trip

I am completely in love with the first installment. I was just telling H that seeing 3 young ladies actually want to hang out with their dad speaks volumes to me. Awesome!!!

I did catch up with Fiesty later on this trip and complimented her on her decorations. One thing that she was very clear to point out is that her site was decorated for Thanksgiving, not Christmas. The Christmas decorations will come out later, but she did not want to overlook a very important holiday.

And, I agree with old Fiesty.

We need to stop and count our blessings.

TCD

Hmmm... if I remember correctly, from your TR this time last year, Fiesty and another fiend had a little disagreement on whether or not Thanksgiving decor could be skipped, overlooked, ignored....

I was with Fiesty then and I still am.

The Fort looks fantastic all dressed up for Christmas! Maybe one day...

The TCD twins took off on an adventure.

I know they visited the Poly, and that they got to see the Castle lighting ceremony, which they said was very good.

They came back at around 7-ish.

I had everything pretty much set-up by then.

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision.

Most of our trips are more like your Halloween TR when you watched your nephew in the camper.

I am enjoying living vicariously through this TR and envisioning leisurely setting up the camper with my husband someday without stopping every 3 minutes to fix a skin knee, referee a fight or get someone a drink.

Great picture of the twins in front of the "Let the memories begin" sign. :heart:

I am enjoying living vicariously through this TR and envisioning leisurely setting up the camper with my husband someday without stopping every 3 minutes to fix a skin knee, referee a fight or get someone a drink.

While adults only trips can be fun, don't rush the years with your little ones. It will be over before you know it and you will miss all the "Mom duties" :(

TCD, looking forward to hearing more. I thought you might be at the game, I actually stood up and peered around to see if I could see y'all. Next year, we must have a Nole meet! Y'all do a little more tailgating set up then us, we bring a chair, beer and Zaxby's. Notice I did not bring up this past week's game!

Ah... you left on Friday... No wonder we could'nt find you. I probably missed all kind of scenery around the Fort because I was looking for your pop-up and Ford SUV. We were staying over at SSR but we rented a cart for the day to check out the Fort for the Christmas decorations. We got there Friday afternoon and turned the cart in on Saturady morning. We did get to meet Jen, Lorna, Richie, and Donnie though...

Oh well, gives me another goal in life....

I'm glad you were able to score an upgrade, Andrew. I have never stayed in either the 1500 or 2000 loops, but I have read the horror stories of 2000.

I love Fiesty's Thanksgiving decorations!!

Thanks, Cherie, you are too kind.

I think 2 am was good after our long day too, but I consider it a fail when we leave an EMH early. That last hour is always the best.

well, i went back and looked at our pictures from the trip... even though we watched the fireworks from the beach... apparently, we didnt take photos. Then I remembered, we left MK before it got dark... so no wonder I don't remember it.

Well, that explains it then.

Next time, be sure to stay for the lighting ceremony- the TCD twins saw it, and said it was worth watching.

not just 2am but 2am after all that driving... impressive!

He really doesn't want to join the slacker family.. or is he already a member?

What's the slacker family?

I most certainly am not a member!

Yeah!!! Another TCD trip report. I do have one question though...you mentioned this is your 14th TR on here; Is the 13th one going to follow this one or are you just superstitious about the number 13? You said your Halloween TR was your 12th and now we have the 14th. ???

Wait!! I

know what it is...

I haven't bought my official Fort Fiends sign yet so, I don't have one of those special privileges to view the 13th TCD TR. :rofl3:

Wow! Nobody was supposed to notice that.

The truth of the matter is that there was a secret short WDW trip taken by the TCD gang between Halloween and Thanksgiving. That will be the subject of the 13th TCD TR. But, that will be a short report, and I wanted to get this Thanksgiving one cranked out first. That is why I have said there will be a TCD TR underway for the rest of this year!

Oooh! Secret missions and Fort relics! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Heck yeah!

That's what I'm talking about too.

And, I am sure that most, if not all, of the Fiends will be surprised by what I found.

Alright it's been 23 day since our last TCD trip report

Technically, true.

But, that report just got finished before this one began.

Yes! Another great TCD trip report!

Glad to have you along, Gwen.

I am reading along.

I knew you would be, Michael.

You are going to get a shout-out soon.

TCD! I'm in. Once again we missed each other. I was in the 1500 loop until Monday, and I can assure you it wasn't that busy then. In fact, most of the week prior the Fort was deserted. There were quite a few empty sites. Even the 2000 loop wasn't that busy I heard from friends over there. Glad you got the upgrade. The people in the 1500 loop were beyond obnoxious, especially early in the morning or late at night. All of the other loops seemed so tranquil and quiet in comparison. Can't wait to read more!

I knew from the FF.net calender that you were going to be there.

I looped both the 1500 and 2000 loops looking for your set-up, but didn't recognize it.

I guess if you left Monday morning, I must have just missed you.

I found out later in the week why I couldn't be on the 1500 loop.

The noise and groups on 1500 and 2000 are making me reconsider whether to stop booking partial sites. We are now pretty spoiled after having spent our last two trips on a premium site.

Hooray another TCD trip report that's what I'm thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm thankful that you're reading along.

So that makes us even.

TCD

Woo hoo!

I agree-

Woo hoo!

Unlike other Fiends we really like the quieter loops. We were in 1219 for Halloween and we loved that site. Will be asking for it again soon!

I like the quieter loops too.

But the TCD twins want to be in the middle of the action.

I liked the 1200 loop fine.

If I give up my partial hook-up ways, I may be on the 1200 loop again some day. But, it would not be my first choice for a premium loop. In fact, it would not even be in my top 5.

That's OK though, I see why some folks like it.

Andrew,

Good thing you got the upgrade to the 1200 loop. I looped every night we were there and the 2000 loop looked like it's wild obnoxious self. One night we had 3 "dirty, wild, foul mouthed teenagers chase my cart with my kids on the back and they scared the crap out of them. I actually had to stop and asked if they had a problem. I feel sorry for the regular campers who get that loop on a busy weekend.

On another note, thanks for spikeing my wife. You caught her off guard with what she called "this rusty thing" I guess we just kept missing each other again. I stopped by your site a few times during the week but no luck. Look forward to more of your great trip

Thanks for the info- that makes me glad that I went to the trouble and expense to upgrade.

I could tell your Wife had no idea why I was giving her a spike to bring to you. Sorry for catching her off guard.

So, is there going to be a S71 TR?

This is my first TCD trip report.....I'm very excited.

Wow, INC is in the house!

Cool!

Welcome aboard.

It was great to meet you last week.

I am completely in love with the first installment. I was just telling H that seeing 3 young ladies actually want to hang out with their dad speaks volumes to me. Awesome!!!

Hmmm... if I remember correctly, from your TR this time last year, Fiesty and another fiend had a little disagreement on whether or not Thanksgiving decor could be skipped, overlooked, ignored....

I was with Fiesty then and I still am.

The Fort looks fantastic all dressed up for Christmas! Maybe one day...

Yes- I am very thankful that my DD's still will hang out with me.

And, you are right, Fiesty has very strong opinions about the importance of Thanksgiving decorations. And, I agree with her on that subject, too.

I hope that some day you and your crew can make it to the Fort for Halloween or Thanksgiving. The decorations, cooler weather, and shorter days make the experience very different from the Summer. I think you would like it.

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision.

Most of our trips are more like your Halloween TR when you watched your nephew in the camper.

Like S70 says below, you will be surprised by how fast the day will come that you suddenly realize that your kids have become independent. I miss the days of skinned knees, refereeing fights and getting drinks. Overall, life was a lot simpler then.

But, one thing is for sure- we cannot stop the march of time. It is nice for the girls to be able to go off on their own. But, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the days when Mrs. TCD and I were the center of their universe.

It has struck us just recently that the girls will be High School seniors next year. Then they will be off to college (we hope). Our nest will then be empty. That will be strange.

So, feel free to live vicariously through this report, but please, please enjoy every moment now. I know from your DH's trip report that you do.

Great picture of the twins in front of the "Let the memories begin" sign. :heart:

While adults only trips can be fun, don't rush the years with your little ones. It will be over before you know it and you will miss all the "Mom duties" :(

Preach it, sister!

I agree 100% with this.

I'm not sure how many Fort visits there will be once all of my girls have left for college. I hope there will be some during breaks and such, but it sure won't be the same. But, thats a year and a half off. I'll worry about that when it gets here.

TCD, looking forward to hearing more. I thought you might be at the game, I actually stood up and peered around to see if I could see y'all. Next year, we must have a Nole meet! Y'all do a little more tailgating set up then us, we bring a chair, beer and Zaxby's. Notice I did not bring up this past week's game!

Deal!

You know, I still have never tried Zaxby's. We don't have them around here. My DD's have all had it, and say it's good. You know I love me some fried chicken.

Ah... you left on Friday... No wonder we could'nt find you. I probably missed all kind of scenery around the Fort because I was looking for your pop-up and Ford SUV. We were staying over at SSR but we rented a cart for the day to check out the Fort for the Christmas decorations. We got there Friday afternoon and turned the cart in on Saturady morning. We did get to meet Jen, Lorna, Richie, and Donnie though...

Oh well, gives me another goal in life....

Duane- I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. Almost!

Next time you need to stay at the Fort.

TCD

This is the reason we put everything is storage, decided to homeschool the kids, hitched up a trailer, and hit the road. You only have them for a short period of time (when the actually enjoy you).