TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving at the Fort Trip Report

Hey-

I missed inserting the Sunrise Over the Area Across From TnBob's Dock photo in that last update.

When I went back to edit it, I was going to have to fix all of the spacing in that long post.

So, instead of that, here's that photo:

IMG_1885.jpg

Sorry for the oversight.

TCD

Hey,

Your allowed an opps every so often...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision. Most of our trips are more like your Hal

Somethings just can't be topped.. and you my friend are the winner for today.. :bellringer:

Neat! My thesis focused on the assimilation efforts (through education) and the Carlisle Indian School. I first got interested in Native American studies after learning about the Trail of Tears on my

Awww, I love your neighbors lawnmower train! Just think, by the time the TCD girls have babies, his grandchildren will have probably outgrown the train! Maybe he'll pass it on to you!

I love the sunrise pics!

I thought the same thing.

Those kids won't fit in those train cars for long.

I was thinking something like this could be a huge hit in a golf cart parade at the Fort, but it's not a golf cart, and the new rules say you can't tow anything.

But, wouldn't it be cool to paint that up to look like the old FWRR?

015-2.jpg

What's this?

You like pictures of log slices made into signs?

Nothing wrong with that.

Here's a couple gems for you:

000_0186.jpg

000_0187.jpg

You like?

I forgot to add these comment

the train ride rocks and someone is not gonna be happy about those EWP photos

Who?

Who doesn't love the EWP?

It is a classic!

Everybody loves it!!!

I love the train pic!! I also love that you know your neighbors and have stayed in your neighborhood for lots of years!!! Those folks that keep "trading up" on houses is part of the housing problem around here!!!

Yes, we have had very little turnover in our little neighborhood.

I moved around a lot as a kid.

Mrs. TCD got to live in one house from when she was a baby until she went off to college.

My girls have gotten to do the same thing.

TCD

TCD yes I do it is still the only log slices made into signs that can still be found if you do a a little TCD looking

Todd- I have been to and photographed the log slice. In fact, I am going to sell it on ebay since somebody else is trying to get 10K for a smaller not as cool sign. The only problem I have is how I will deliver it to the buyer. Oh, yeah, and I don't own the sign either. But, we will just factor those two little details into the price.

Another great update, Andrew. Did you give this guy a FF card? It looks he would fit right in with our group. :))IMG_1873.jpg

No, I didn't. I never made contact with that group. I have talked to some of them in past years, but that was before FF, of course. A thousand lashes with a wet noodle for me.

TCD

Well, as long as my computer is working, I may as well carry on with this report.

We left off on Wednesday night.

I know that the beer tasting had moved over to the 1600 loop, but we were heading over to the MK.

First, we had a visitor to our site.

It was a Fort ranger.

He gave us this:

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

This guy was actually going around our loop passing out these guides.

At about 9:30 on Wednesday night!

The funny thing is that I had asked about an activity guide for Thanksgiving when we checked in. The castmember told me that there wasn't one. That was strange, because they print these up for all the major holidays lately. I figured maybe they weren't ready yet. So, just that day we has stopped at the Bike Barn to ask if there were any special activities planned for Thanksgiving. Since a lot of the activities are based there, I figured that castmember would know. The young man working there said that as far as he knew, there wasn't anything special planned for Thanksgiving. Well, that was that, I thought. Until the elderly ranger came around our loop at 9:30.

And people say that I am unfair in my criticism of the way the Fort is managed?

Anyway, I was happy to see the activity guide.

But, I also noted that they have reverted to calling what they had been calling corn toss back to Cornhole.

And, they were going to have a scavenger hunt!

And the thankful board was going to be back.

Hooray!

After this little surprise, we headed down to the dock.

I usually do a better job at timing these things, but we arrived while the EWP was still performing.

We enjoyed that thoroughly, as we always do.

I can't imagine how anyone would not like this:

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Since our boat was waiting for the EWP to clear, we were able to board right away and head to the MK.

As we cruised along, the MK fireworks began. We got to enjoy those all the way to the dock, and they were still going on as we walked up to the MK entrance:

IMG_1851.jpg

One thing that we came to see that night was the show that they have been projecting on the castle all year- it's called The Magic, The Memories and You. This was the big deal for 2011- they project photos and videos on the castle. We have only seen this a couple of times. We weren't overly impressed.

I really thought that they would not be able to do this show with the Dreamlights on the castle.

But, they can and they did.

Here is what we saw:

First, the castle is lit with the Dreamlights:

IMG_1852.jpg

Then, the show begins-

IMG_1854.jpg

Supposedly, they project photos that were taken during that day up on the castle. And, I think some of them were, but most of these photos and all of the videos seem like they are used in every show:

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

At the end, they added some holiday themed projections:

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

I thought this one, making the castle look like a gingerbread house, was really good:

IMG_1863.jpg

I ended up being glad that we spent the time to watch the show.

I think it's cool that they can transform the castle like that.

Even with all of the lights on it.

We spent a bit of time wandering around the MK after this, and rode a couple of the attractions in Tommorowland.

We finished up our night with some ice cream from the Main Street ice cream parlor.

What a great way to finish a great day.

We headed back to the Fort from here and called it a night.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we will have a very busy day!

TCD

Love the castle pics! I had heard they added some very cool features to castle during the fireworks show.

TCD,

Finally caught up!

Love the totem ple pics..........I miss the totem poles.........there used to be a few way to the left of the Meadow Trading post. I used to take pictures of my kids there every trip. We were bummed when we returned to take yet another picture there and they were GONE. I need to dig out those photos to see if those totem poles match the ones you found on the horse trail.

Since I alway can relate to everything you and the twins do and enjoy at Disney, I was SHOCKED to read that you werent overly impressed with the light show on the castle!!!!!!!!!!! Then I was "relieved" to see after scrolling through all of the pics that you did write that you thought it was cool that they could transform the castle, so you must think that it is a cool show!!! We LOVED the show when we saw it in August!!!! Even my teenage boys loved it!!! We watched it three times over the two weeks. Anyway, I thought that the world may have tipped out of rotation for a minute, when you said you werent impressed, but you seemed to have come around!!!! lol!!!!!

As I always say, awesome report and I am enjoying it so much. Cant wait for the next update!!

Heidi

Sorry to hear the computer was ill, but even sorrier that there's no update today! :(

Thanks. I think it's finally gone.

That danged thing had my computer hostage all day yesterday.

Watch out Andrew, if you don't keep Stef happy, she has options you know.

I've read that she's dating again.

Yes, I read that too.

What can I say?

The lady has great taste in men.

Oh No.... Stef are you being a bad girl... again?

No.

Lou was just rubbing it in!

Who me? Never!! 523716bsnxx88uuv.gif

Agreed.

S70 is one classy lady.

I hope TCD gets some penicillin for his computer. I think I am starting to go through lack of TCD TR withdrawl.

Sorry about that!

Please stand by for an update within the next hour!

I'm back!

TCD

OK- it looks like I have beat that malware, so we will now move on.

I left off with us having left the Fort for our Thanksgiving feast.

Here is the TCD gang enjoying Thanksgiving with Mrs. TCD's family:

312695_2341470331868_1103220255_32255769_1328611676_n.jpg

I swiped that photo off of someone's Facebook page, so sorry that it's small. You can see the TCD twins there front and center, with Mrs. TCD to the right and me behind her. That's the oldest TCD DD there to the left of me.

We had a great meal.

And then we hopped back in the truck and headed to the Fort.

Everybody except me and the TCD twins thinks this is crazy.

Why do we do it.

Because we love being back at the Fort and WDW on Thanksgiving night.

It's always magical.

And this night proved to be just that.

In fact, please be sure to read along, as I solved a very big mystery at Hollywood Studios that night, plus we got a major unexpected dose of pixie dust at the MK in the very late night.

We will get to all of that.

For now, here we are racing back to the Fort.

There was an ambulance at the MK gate.

So we had to take a couple of photos.

Why?

I don't know.

And, I know nothing about this incident, but here are the photos:

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

I guess it was around 5 when we got back to the Fort.

Have you ever seen the Fort parking lot on a busy day?

How about like this?:

IMG_1915.jpg

That photo was taken as we entered the parking lot to drive through, looking to the right.

Now we are looking to the left:

IMG_1916.jpg

You can see that people were parking everywhere!

The Fort was packed!

We got to our site and hopped on the cart.

We had just a bit of daylight left, and we weren't going to waste it.

First stop, the tee pees.

One of these days I want to crash their party and have some turkey.

But, we were too late for that today:

IMG_1921.jpg

The members of the National Sarcasm Society were still cooking in the back of their site:

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Those guys sure go at it hard, don't they?

The tee pee folks had their campfires going:

IMG_1924.jpg

What a great way to end a nice Thanksgiving day at the Fort!

Remember the activity guide I posted?

We missed everything again.

One of these days, I really want to stay at the Fort on Thanksgiving day.

But, we still could go and take a look at the Thankful Board that was to be posted at the Bike Barn.

So that's where we headed next.

Let's take a look and see what folks are thankful for.

Hey, look, some wise guy said he was thankful for Red Solo Cups there on teh bottom right corner:

IMG_1925.jpg

TCD twin #2 added that she was thankful for the Florida Gators:

IMG_1926.jpg

Were we being disrespectful?

Well, look at what some other people wrote . . .

Somebody said he was thankful for cheese:

IMG_1927.jpg

And someone used a lot of space to give thanks for Dodgeball!:

IMG_1928.jpg

And somebody (I swear it wasn't us) gave thanks for golf carts!:

IMG_1935.jpg

That's one that I agree with for sure!

But, some people took this seriously.

Some maybe a bit too much.

I awarded this person a TCD Daytime Emmy award:

IMG_1929.jpg

Clearly, there were a lot of kids who got turned loose on this thing.

Like this one:

IMG_1930.jpg

Someone gave thanks (and made a dig at management) here:

IMG_1931.jpg

I should point out that the GAG reference was written before DaveInTn expressed his dislike for the replacement of the steak fries in his trip report. It seems that there are people who agree with Dave!

(OK- for full disclosure TCD Twin #1 wrote that)

Some inconsiderate folks wrote all over the beautiful art work:

IMG_1932.jpg

Hey, look, somebody is thankful for TCD:

IMG_1933.jpg

I'm surprised only one person gave thanks for TCD.

Someone else is thankful for Legos:

IMG_1934.jpg

After we ran out of things to write on the Thankful Board, we looped past the campfire area. Here's a photo of the Christmas tree there:

IMG_1936.jpg

I can't remember what loop we were on when I took this photo, but I liked the fact that these folks carved some Turkey pumpkins and decorated for Thanksgiving:

IMG_1938.jpg

As you can see, the sun had set by this point.

It had been a long day.

We had driven home, loaded up on Turkey, and driven back.

We were tired.

So we called it a night.

NOT!

Just kidding.

We were just getting started!

That's how we roll.

You know where we always go on Thanksgiving night?

To Hollywood Studios!

To see the Osborne lights!

And that is where we will head next.

And it was there that I unexpectedly solved a mystery.

I'll tell you about that in the next update.

(which I hope will be this afternoon).

TCD