TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving at the Fort Trip Report

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision. Most of our trips are more like your Hal

Somethings just can't be topped.. and you my friend are the winner for today.. :bellringer:

Neat! My thesis focused on the assimilation efforts (through education) and the Carlisle Indian School. I first got interested in Native American studies after learning about the Trail of Tears on my

TCD,

Man, you guys can sure pack A LOT into one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had the most PERFECT Thanksgiving Day from start to finish!!!

Thats quite a crowd that gathered for your family Thanksgiving dinner!!!! How many turkeys does it take to feed everybody?

So glad you got to ride on the double decker bus, what an awesome way to end the day!

Heidi

Thanks, Heidi.

I believe that there are three turkeys served for Thanksgiving, along with ham and roast beef.

You are right about that bus, it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

All caught up and looking forward to what Monday's update has in store!

Yay for you and the twins getting to ride the double decker bus!

Well, it's Monday, so that means I owe you and update.

Which I am working on now!

Mrs TCD has a large, gorgeous family! I love big family dinners! Judy is sooo funny! I too want to know more about the prank!

The double decker bus looked cool! It's nice to know that even after all your trips to the parks that there is still things that you haven't seen or done! Love that pixie dust!

I have a bit more to tell about the prank- I'll cover that next.

I think I commented recently that I once thought there would come a time that we had seen and done everything at WDW. Now I know that apparently will never be true. There is always something that surprises me when we visit WDW.

oh yes, TCD twins picked up the turkey in the public school system :) The new way to greet each other is to turkey, squirrel, jelly fish, moose, stick shift, rocket, hand hug, etc. each other

Personally I liked using the "hand hug" because as a high school teacher I don't want some 17 year old boy hugging me (even the one-arm-side-hug thing I was not a fan of as I was instructed to do). The last thing I need is pictures ending up on Fox 13! Yes, I was taught how to properly hug a student haha.

on another note, I love the Anna story from the other TR. You two kind of have a cross-over report going on :) I got teared up as well! I hope one day to hitch a ride on the double decker bus, I have never even seen that! I also have not seen the new castle show. We are trying to sneak a quick trip in at the end of the month.

Ashley-

Thanks for the heads up about the other hand gestures. I had no idea. So, I asked the twins about this- sure enough, they knew these. They even told me one you didn't mention. It has a local flavor to it. It's called the Shiekra- when someone asks you to give them a high-five, you swoop your hand down low and say Shiekra! I know Ashley knows what Shiekra is, but for those of you who don't, it's a diving roller coaster at Busch Gardens, Tampa.

Yes, my report does overlap some with DaveInTn's. I personally like it when there are multiple trip reports covering the same time period- it gives us a look at how everyone enjoys the Fort a little differently.

I hope you make it to WDW later this month. As for the Double Decker bus, I had never seen it in operation at the MK before either. But, on our last few visits, I have noticed that they are breaking out those old vehicles during less busy times- like late at night. One night over Thanksgiving week, they had an old firetruck type vehicle giving folks rides up and down Main Street.

I loved the family picture of Mrs TCD's family too. That looks like a Thanksgiving gathering definitely worth driving for. Do you think they'd adopt me?

It must be good to be TCD even at home.

LOL - I was there for a later part of Judy's prank but DD10 got tired so we didn't hang around for the very end. Wish we would have. We were there when Donnie called and Ritchie was in bed with Judy though. Too funny... :rofl2:

Sure, Mrs. TCD's family would adopt you!

Several people in that photo are friends of family members who don't have family locally.

And you are right, it is good to be TCD. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am very blessed that Mrs. TCD has a lapse of judgment and agreed to marry me. We will be celebrating 25 years on our next anniversary.

I think this shot says a lot.

Twins.jpg

It does?

What does it say?

Great update! Looks like you had a long, but great day. Nights filled with pixie dust are the reason I keep going back. Looking forward to hearing more!

Yes, that is true, Brent.

A lot of people who are not WDW fans do not understand why we visit there so often.

The fact is that we almost always experience something unexpected that makes our trip special.

And, I hope that is true for everyone who visits.

TCD

Alright, let's get back to the report.

We finished up the last update with our magical ride down Main Street aboard the Double Decker bus.

We hopped aboard the boat, and were back at the Fort in no time.

We did a little looping, but it was cool, and the girls wanted to go to bed.

So we headed back to camp.

On our last trip, I stayed up a bit on the last night and packed up our decorations and our outside gear so I would have less to do in the morning.

But, it was close to 1 am, and I didn't feel like doing that.

So, I went out looping on my own.

I figured that there would be some folks up still, since it was Thanksgiving, and people probably were partying.

But, it was a silent night at the Fort!

Nobody was up.

Anywhere.

Even the National Sarcasm Society on the 2000 loop had called it a night.

How boring!

I decided to loop the full hook up loops, and then head back to camp.

I was half-way around the 1700 loop when I heard someone shout my name.

I stopped.

It was Donnie!

He had found his trailer!

Remember the practical joke that Fiesty told me about?

They really did it.

Fiesty's husband had towed Donnie's 5th wheel to his site on the 1700 loop and set it up.

I missed all the fun, but from what I hear, it took Donnie a while to find his trailer.

That was some joke.

I can't imagine that someone would go to the trouble of moving a 5th wheel from the parking lot to a site just to play a joke.

But, that's how Fiesty rolls.

Donnie was laughing about it when I saw him.

We chatted for a while.

But it was late.

We agreed that we would see each other in the morning at Trail's End.

It seems like we always run in to each other there.

But, I didn't see Donnie again on this trip.

And, that was the end of my long Thanksgiving Day at the Fort.

From there, I headed back to the camper and went to bed.

We were heading home in the morning.

Boo!

But, don't worry, I did get out and about with my camera one last time on Friday morning.

And, there will be a bonus update about my Saturday at the end of this report.

TCD

Here we are on Friday morning.

We have to pack up and go today.

I am glad that we went to the trouble of staying and doing all that driving on Thanksgiving.

We had a lot of fun.

But now it was time for the part I really don't like- packing it all up!

I was up early, so I had some time to do a little looping before the packing had to begin.

I had been meaning to take a photo of something all week, so I took care of that first.

This is what I wanted a picture of:

IMG_2014.jpg

Those were my across the loop neighbors.

Check out their bike rack.

They had all of those kids and quite a few adults all on that one site.

See, they have a couple of tents there off to the side of their awning.

I think they were over the limit for campers on their site.

But, they were quiet, and didn't bother me.

So they were OK in my book.

I have commented before that I have noticed that there are always flowers blooming somewhere in the Fort.

That is why I snapped a couple of photos of these lovely flowering bushes at the 1200/1300 loop entrance (I know I had some photos of these earlier in the report, but I took some more on Friday morning, too):

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

As I mentioned, this was the Friday morning after Thanksgiving.

They may call that Black Friday where you live.

I know that in places far and wide all around this great country of ours, people had been up for hours pushing and shoving their way through crowds.

But, here I was in a very peaceful and beautiful place.

No crowds.

No pushing.

No shoving.

I love it!

On another trip to the Fort several years ago, I remember visiting the horse barn on Black Friday morning.

So, I decided to head there today.

There was nobody else around:

IMG_2018.jpg

Just me and a few ponies:

IMG_2020.jpg

That little barn over there used to have a sign on it that said petting zoo:

IMG_2021.jpg

But, this is not a petting zoo any more.

The goats, pigs, sheep, chickens, donkeys and peacocks are all gone.

It's just ponies now.

There were two things parked in the Blacksmith shop:

IMG_2022.jpg

That wagon you see there is new.

I had never seen it before, and I have a little bit of information that I found out about it which I will share at the end of this post.

Here is one of the sleighs that they use this time of year:

IMG_2023.jpg

And, here's a look at the hitching part of that new wagon:

IMG_2024.jpg

There's a hidden TCD up there on that sign:

IMG_2026.jpg

It wasn't that cold out this morning- in fact, I don't think it had gone below 60 that night, but you can see these ponies had their blankets on:

IMG_2027.jpg

I get kind of sad when I'm around here and see all of the old corrals that used to hold the petting zoo animals:

IMG_2028.jpg

I have always liked this sign:

IMG_2029.jpg

The fact that they are not keeping it up leads me to believe that they are going to carry out with their plans to one day soon build a new barn and level this area:

IMG_2031.jpg

I will miss all of this when it is gone.

While there wasn't anyone out and about in the old petting zoo area, there was a buzz of activity going on at the barn, so I headed over there.

This fellow was getting a bath:

IMG_2032.jpg

I will usually stop and speak to the castmembers at the barn. They typically all have worked at the Fort for a long time, and they usually have some good gossip to share.

For the moment, I left this castmember alone and headed in to the barn for a look around.

Right inside the barn is a little display about the history and significance of horses at WDW. I have been in there many times, and posted many photos of that display, so I don't have many to share from this trip.

But, one thing I did snap some photos of are the plaques that give information about the horses used around WDW.

Did you know that there are four types of horses used at WDW?

Well there are. And, here's some basic information about each type:

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

I never paid much attention to this- but look what it says about Clydesdales- they are seldom used at WDW.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think any of the horses that are in the part of the barn accessible to the public are ever Clydesdales.

I took a look at what kind of horses they had in the stalls this morning.

Dan, the Percheron Cross' stall was empty:

IMG_2039.jpg

But, Doug, the full Percheron was there right next door:

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

The horses all have human male names:

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

(That must be Dan #2, as he was right across the hall from the empty Dan's stall).

I don't think very many people realize how much labor and expense is involved in taking care of these horses. Look at all of the hay and feed piled up in the barn just for this morning:

IMG_2045.jpg

After my look around, I did stop by to watch the horse getting his bath outside:

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

Since several of the stalls inside were empty, I figured this horse must have come out of one of those stalls.

So, trying to seem in the know, I asked the castmember if that was a Percheron getting a bath.

If I hadn't just read the stupid plaque inside, I would have guessed that this was a Clydesdale, but the plaque said that they are seldom used at WDW, and there were no stalls inside saying that the horse was a Clydesdale.

The castmember said no, this is not a Percheron, it's a Clydesdale.

Oh.

I guess this castmember thought I was some kind of idiot not recognizing a Clydesdale.

Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the first idiot this guy has ever met, so, I asked what the horse's name was.

Based on the other names I have seen, I figured it would be Bill, or Joe or something like that.

But I was wrong about that too.

This was Mr. Squeezer.

Mister.

All the other horses just go by their first names.

But not Mr. Squeezer.

The castmember said that Mr. Squeezer pulls a wagon down Main Street in the MK in the mornings, and he was getting his bath now prior to heading over there.

So, if you ever see a horse in the MK, chances are it is Mr. Squeezer, the Clydesdale.

I asked him how Mr. Squeezer got his name.

He didn't know.

He thought maybe because he squeezes down Main Steet.

But, that didn't make much sense to me.

Since this castmember was a friendly and chatty guy, I asked him about the new wagon I saw in the Blacksmith shop.

He said that had just come in, and that it was a pony wagon.

He wasn't sure why it was there or what it was going to be used for.

But, you heard it here first- the Fort now has a pony wagon.

And, with that, I said goodbye to Mr. Squeezer and his bather, and headed over to Trail's End for some coffee.

I saw another old friend over there, and took a few more photos, which I will share in my next post.

TCD

Wow, you are in speed mode this afternoon! Two updates before I made it here? :banghead:

I have heard that Donnie gets around. :)) And he deserved a good gag played on him.

I like the TCD Ranch update. I love walking around the barn even though I too miss the pettable (See that's kind of like publick)

animals.

I will be just as sad as you if they take down the TCD Ranch sign. Maybe Lou could pull some strings and get it for your front yard.

I think I have heard of Mr. Squeezer before! In fact I think I dated someone with that name. :rofl2:

Looking forward to the rest. When you say an old friend, do you mean someone you've known for a while, or literally, this person was old?

I used to work at Big Bend Wildlife Sanctuary - we handled Bats To Bears, Hummingbirds to Eagles, literally!

We had three orphaned Golden Bats (they were too young to fly and Mother was carrying them when she was shot. We had to make special feed; train them to echolocate live insects ... and then teach them to fly! FUN!

We had orphaned Black Bear cubs shipped to us from all over the Southeast - Arkansas being the furthest, because we had a program to raise the bear cubs AND have successful releases back to the wild ... which is DAMNED hard! When Exxon Valdiz happened, we we volunteered to take in any orphaned KODIAK bear cubs - up to 12 - and Exxon was going to expand our facilities and provide food. Thankfully, their were none. We did take in a mature Male Black Bear - all 600+ pounds of him (NORM!). I was the only one that felt confident enough to take care of him ... and he, too, was successfully released.

Did I tell you about the 4 1/2 foot alligator with the broken snout (ran over by a car) ... I had to hand feed him cut up fish with a set of BIG chopsticks! He was just a big baby - used his tongue to take the fish and was NEVER aggressive. None of the animals we took in were aggressive for that manner - they knew we were helping them. Even the Skunk that gave birth while in rehab never sprayed!

Feeding baby birds is an art in itself - feeding baby hummingbirds is doubly so!

We received a nest of Bald Eagles that were orphaned by a hurricane (the nest was blown out of a tree and carried who knows how far - the parents never found them). Two were successfully released; the third had a broken wing from the fall, and never recovered to the releasable stage. He entered our Educational program.

Yes, we were State and Federally licensed to rehabilitate ALL wildlife - including Endangered and Venomous ones. We also had State and Federal licenses for specific Birds and Animals to use in an Educational program that we put on at Schools, State and National Parks as well as other events we were invited to that we felt were worth our time and effort.

If it helps, I was State and Federally licensed as well as IWRC Certified for Rehab ... don't do this on your own!

You are an AMAZING man Ed!!!

I love the horse barn and the whole farm area. I remember how sad I was when we visited in October 2010 and I never thought I'd see the area again. And so it was like a bonus to get to enjoy that again recently. And since they have not proceeded that quickly with the rumored transformation yet, I am hopeful that I will get to see that area again someday.

TCD,

great update!

Enjoyed the pics of the petting farm/horse barn.

I miss the animals that used to make the petting farm fun! I actually have a picture of myself when I was 7 or 8 (36-37 years ago!) petting a brama bull........Disney would never let that happen anymore!!!

Hey, my husband and I, like you and Mrs. TCD will be celebrating our 25th on our next anniversary too!!!!

Heidi

I am new to this site. I haven't been to Disney in years, but I love to read these trip reports as Heidi (my sister-in-law) can attest.

Really enjoying this one. I spent ALL day yesterday reading it.

I have a question.....where is Mrs. TCD while you and TCD daughters are off having a blast?

Thanks for the great entertainment. If and when I ever make it to Disney/Ft. Wilderness, I will feel like I have been there 100 times before.

Diana

I am new to this site. I haven't been to Disney in years, but I love to read these trip reports as Heidi (my sister-in-law) can attest.

I have a question.....where is Mrs. TCD while you and TCD daughters are off having a blast?

Thanks for the great entertainment. If and when I ever make it to Disney/Ft. Wilderness, I will feel like I have been there 100 times before.

Diana

Welcome to Fort Fiends Diana!!!!!

:welcome2:

I love the horse barn and the whole farm area. I remember how sad I was when we visited in October 2010 and I never thought I'd see the area again. And so it was like a bonus to get to enjoy that again recently. And since they have not proceeded that quickly with the rumored transformation yet, I am hopeful that I will get to see that area again someday.

Same here

I will be just as sad as you if they take down the TCD Ranch sign. Maybe Lou could pull some strings and get it for your front yard.

I think I have heard of Mr. Squeezer before! In fact I think I dated someone with that name. :rofl2:

Looking forward to the rest. When you say an old friend, do you mean someone you've known for a while, or literally, this person was old?

1. Yes, it would be nice for me to have that sign, but I would much rather see it relocated and used when and if the TCD Ranch is ever moved.

2. I'll bet you have met a few Mr. Squeezers in your day.

3. The old friend was both- a friend for a long time and old.

You are an AMAZING man Ed!!!

I agree!

I will be sorry to see this area go, too.

They are moving much slower than they originally led us all to believe on the horse barn relocation project.

But, I am afraid that it will happen one day.

This little corner of the Fort is much too valuable a piece of property to ever expect that it will remain undeveloped forever.

TCD,

great update!

Enjoyed the pics of the petting farm/horse barn.

I miss the animals that used to make the petting farm fun! I actually have a picture of myself when I was 7 or 8 (36-37 years ago!) petting a brama bull........Disney would never let that happen anymore!!!

Hey, my husband and I, like you and Mrs. TCD will be celebrating our 25th on our next anniversary too!!!!

Heidi

A bull? And you have a photo?

I sure would like to see that photo.

Maybe you can try to post it?

Congratulations on making it to 25 years (almost)! That is quite an accomplishment these days.

Diana

Well, hey there Diana!

Welcome to Fort Fiends, and welcome to my trip report.

I'm glad that you are reading along.

Remember, there is going to be a test at the end, so I hope you read carefully.

Some people find it helpful to take notes.

(just kidding about the test- but maybe some day I will include one- that could be fun).

Mrs. TCD enjoys staying at home while the girls and I head off for our adventures. She loves the Fort just fine, but she also loves having the house to herself and the peace and quiet when we all clear out.

She does accompany us on some of our trips. Most recently, she came along for my 50th birthday trip in September. And, I'm sure she will come along on some of our future trips. But most of the time, with my older daughter off at college, it's just TCD and the TCD twins.

And what do you mean "if" you ever make it to the Fort? No matter how much you may enjoy reading all of the great trip reports you find here on fortfiends.net, there is no way to really understand what the Fort is like without visiting it in person. Your sister-in-law finds a way, and you really must too.

We did late night rodeos with ponies like them. Oh the good old Fort days

IMG_2027.jpg

Late night rodeos?

I would sure like to hear more about that.

I'll have to remember to ask you if you ever make it back to the Fort.

TCD

Here is what the people in 1600 look like before they setup

NikonPics110.jpg

NikonPics113.jpg

NikonPics114.jpg

NikonPics115.jpg

NikonPics111.jpg

Wow!

I guess I never really thought about how much stuff they have.

I remember talking to the lady on that site before and she told me that they had a big trailer that they use just to haul their decorations.

As many already know, those folks work in a business which requires them to be on the road for much of the year. They take the winters off, and enjoy them at the Fort. They arrive before Thanksgiving, and leave after New Year's.

Must be nice.

TCD

As the end of this report approaches, I realize that I kind of veered off the path that I had originally intended to travel on this trip report- which was to name the things that I am thankful for. That was supposed to be my gimmick. The thing is, if I wanted to name everything that I was thankful for about this trip, I would have to name almost everything that happened to us.

Another thing I meant to do was note all of the Fiends I ran into over the week. But, I failed for the most part there, too.

So, before this report is finished, I wanted to at least acknowledge the great folks I had the pleasure of meeting over the week, because that really makes a visit to the Fort special.

Whenever I log on to Fortfiends.net to post an update, I am amazed at how many people have viewed some of the trip reports here. When I am on-line and look to see who is reading along, I often see that there are a number of guests reading along. The fact is that this site has a lot of visitors who read along, but who don't join. That is fine. Nothing wrong with that. But, let me tell you lurkers that you are missing out on a real community here.

I already said welcome to our newest Fiend, wanttogo/Diana. Diana- thanks for coming out of lurkdom and joining. I don't know why, but it really makes my day when somebody steps out of the shadows and says "Hey, I am here and I want to be a Fiend!"

It is kind of cool to be at the Fort and run into familiar faces at the marina or bus stop, pool or trading posts. It really enhances the experience for me. As many can attest, I am not the type to hang out long and chat- I am usually on my way to or from somewhere, but I do enjoy saying hello and sharing a brief conversation with my fellow Fiends.

One reason I hesitate to name names is that I'm always afraid that I will leave someone's name off and end up offending somebody. But, I want to acknowledge some of the Fiends I got to see and chat with on this trip, so here goes. If I missed someone, let me know:

- Of course I spent some time with DaveInTN and his lovely wife, ItsNotCindy. I met Dave a few years ago at the Fort, and we have been there together a couple of times since. I always enjoy seeing Dave, and I always enjoy his great family. Of course, this year there was a new addition, and I was really glad that I got to meet Anna.

-I got to meet Live4FW and his family for the the first time on this trip. What a great family this is. Scot and his wife have done a fantastic job raising their children, Matt and Kelly. I chuckle when I think about when I first stopped by their site to say hello, and how the kids had to go in and get Scot. Kelly was telling him "it's TCD!" I also got to meet Scot's dad, and chatted with him over beer at Dave's site. Great folks!

-Since I was on the same loop as Lonestar/Michael and his family, I got to chat with them several times on this trip. They come all the way from Texas. Lonestar's dad was along on this trip, and I got to meet him to. He goes by Yacht45Tx here on fortfiends.net. Another great family.

-One morning, I got a visit from some new Fiends, Mike and Jan, who go by 2Goofy here on fortfiends.net. It was great to meet you both.

-I ran into ImDownWithDisney while out looping one afternoon, and we had a nice chat there by the 1400 loop bus stop. I intended to stop by his site and say hello again, but never got to. But it was great meeting you IDWD!

-I also had a visit from Janelle, Crazymama26, and got to chat with she and her husband at Dave's site. Nice Wisconsin folks, with great kids, including a cute set of toddler twins!

-I ran into AuburnJen a couple of times, including a little chat with Jen and Lorna in the Trail's End golf cart parking area. What a couple of great people. Lorna and Richie didn't come in until Wednesday night, so I didn't get a chance to see Richie on this trip, but I always enjoy seeing them.

-I already shared how I ran into Stacktester/Donnie late on Thanksgiving night. It is always good to see Donnie, and that man is never at a loss for words.

-I saw Dancemom/Pam several times over Thanksgiving week, and her DH too. More great, down-to-earth, great folks.

-I scared Starbuc71's wife one afternoon when I flagged her down to say hello, and never got to see S71 until I was literally pulling off of my site on Friday. But, S71 and I got to chat briefly, and I know we will see each other again.

-there are a few folks that I run into on almost every visit who are actually members here, but never post- like Fiesty and Hilda, and Jeannie. And there are castmembers too- like a lot of the staff at Trail's End, the barn, and some of the loop attendants. Heck, I even had a brief chat with the new Six Bits on this visit when I ran into him as he was waiting to go on at the HDDR there on the porch of Pioneer Hall.

I know that I am forgetting someone, and if you are reading, and it was you, my apologies. I do not keep notes of what happens when, as some do, and as we all know, the days of a trip to the Fort can all blend together in our memories as we look back.

If I had to say what I am most thankful for about this trip, I would say that right after spending quality time with my family it was meeting up with Fiends, both those I have met before along with the new ones on this trip. We all share a common bond, and it is great to meet up at the place that we all love.

For those of you who are reading along, and have not yet joined, you really ought to jump on board.

You will be glad that you did.

And, who knows, maybe someday in the not too distant future, you will be mentioned in a TCD trip report!

TCD

Andrew,

The pleasure was ours. We really enjoyed spending time with you. I don't think you ever got a chance to meet my other son Ryan. He goes by stealth in our house so no surprise you didn't meet him. :rofl3: We also never got to meet the twins. Guess that is what next time is for! Of course something tells me she may have looked up to twin #1 as her hero. I kinda have to keep my eye on Kelly as well.

What a great report! I enjoyed every minute of it. There is nothing better than being at the Fort with Fiends, but if you can't be there at least we have this forum to stay connected.

Until your next TR, Andrew, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. !!!

Aww, that was so sweet! I am starting to feel the holiday stress, and the b-day blues already, but you just made me smile. Thanks!

smiley_bigkiss.gif

Well, S70, you know that if you and Trevor had been at the Fort for Thanksgiving, y'all would have been at the top of my list of Fiends I was thankful to see!

Andrew,

The pleasure was ours. We really enjoyed spending time with you. I don't think you ever got a chance to meet my other son Ryan. He goes by stealth in our house so no surprise you didn't meet him. :rofl3: We also never got to meet the twins. Guess that is what next time is for! Of course something tells me she may have looked up to twin #1 as her hero. I kinda have to keep my eye on Kelly as well.

Scot-

Whoops. Maybe I did meet Ryan, but I don't think I did. Matt I remember. He's a great young man, and I enjoyed speaking with him. And, I figured you needed to keep an eye on Kelly. I heard her planning some kind of golf cart excursion with one of Dave's daughters. But I'm sure there were no golf cart rules broken.

Another great trip report (who woulda thunk it?). I hope we get a chance to meet up next Thanksgiving along with several other Fiends. After all life is about making memories.

Hang on there a second!

This report is not done!

There are a few more installments yet to come!

What a great report! I enjoyed every minute of it. There is nothing better than being at the Fort with Fiends, but if you can't be there at least we have this forum to stay connected.

Until your next TR, Andrew, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. !!!

Thanks, Cherie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too.

But, don't go away just yet.

I'm not done.

I was just getting that sappy stuff out of the way so I could finish with something fun.

TCD

Hang on there a second!

This report is not done!

There are a few more installments yet to come!

Thanks, Cherie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too.

But, don't go away just yet.

I'm not done.

I was just getting that sappy stuff out of the way so I could finish with something fun.

TCD

WOO!! WOO!! make way for some more TCD trip report.. :yourock: