TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving at the Fort Trip Report

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must admit as the mother of 4 young children I can't even imagine what the day will be like when our kids go on "an adventure" without parental supervision. Most of our trips are more like your Hal

Somethings just can't be topped.. and you my friend are the winner for today.. :bellringer:

Neat! My thesis focused on the assimilation efforts (through education) and the Carlisle Indian School. I first got interested in Native American studies after learning about the Trail of Tears on my

Because you are such a classy guy, I again will not gloat talk about the FSU win! I have decided that we will definitely be heading to Sea World some time in the near future, for sure we will be heading there to see the Christmas display next year!

Thanks for your TR, I enjoyed it much! Merry Christmas, to the TCD family!

IMG_2323.jpg

Do you see how big that Santa is?!

Holy smokes!

I saw that huge Santa the other night, holy cow.

The site a few spaces down has a very large Santa, but as big as it was it wasn't even close to this one.

The people in the other site I'm sure were thinking they had the largest Santa and then this guy puts up Godzilla Santa. I mean look at it.

Did you see the huge toy wagon/car too? I want one of those.

Good, I'm not too far behind!

In the Space Mountain pic, it looks like Twin #1 is signing the word 'help'. Appropriate since she's about to plummet into space! (I can understand the turkey but as an ASL interpreter, my brain automatically sees signs lol)

I love the new Fort merchandise! I've emailed merchandise services a few days ago to see about ordering some but no response yet.

We've had dinner one night on the porch and it was great! 2 Lone Riders, 1 picnic table, and a lot of people watching between the BBQ and HDDR.

I woke up early one day last year during our Christmas visit and set out. The Settlement was empty like your pictures and it was a great moment. It was quiet and i had the decorations all to myself. I really hope they leave that area alone, especially the wooded walking path.

I'm looking forward to the next report. Hopefully New Years??

In the Space Mountian pic, it looks like Twin #1 is signing the word 'help'. Appropriate since she's about to plummet into space! (I can understand the turkey but as an ASL interpreter, my brain automatically sees signs lol)

Hey, me too!

TCD, thank for the continuous trip reports, I love it! I was just at the Fort and was looking for you everywhere!

A bull? And you have a photo?

I sure would like to see that photo.

Maybe you can try to post it?

Congratulations on making it to 25 years (almost)! That is quite an accomplishment

TCD

TCD,

After the holidays wind down and I am feeling well, I'll see if I can find that photo. I think about that brahma bull everytime I go into the petting farm, even though it was so MANY years ago!!!! I do remember though that he was there for a few trips, then he was gone.

Great update and I really enjoyed the Sea World pics. We havent been there since 2006. We keep saying we need to go back, if not for anything else but to ride the new roller coaster. We LOVED the Kracken coaster!

I cant get over how HUGE that Santa is!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Looking forward to the next one!

Heidi

A bull? And you have a photo?

I sure would like to see that photo.

Maybe you can try to post it?

Congratulations on making it to 25 years (almost)! That is quite an accomplishment

TCD

TCD,

After the holidays wind down and I am feeling well, I'll see if I can find that photo. I think about that brahma bull everytime I go into the petting farm, even though it was so MANY years ago!!!! I do remember though that he was there for a few trips, then he was gone.

Great update and I really enjoyed the Sea World pics. We havent been there since 2006. We keep saying we need to go back, if not for anything else but to ride the new roller coaster. We LOVED the Kracken coaster!

Heidi

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I was traveling the past week or so.

Right after Christmas I headed up to Tallahassee to help my oldest DD move in to a new apartment.

And, then I had to go to the Fort.

Again.

For New Year's Eve.

Poor me.

Yes, there will be a trip report.

I think I'll get it going tomorrow.

So, let's get these comments taken care of:

I know there are a lot of teachers here, my wife included. Sea World offers an educators discount, and sometimes free for teachers when you buy other tix. Last time we went, we paid very little. That was between Christmas and New Years last year, we stayed at Tropical Palms, and it was only a few degrees. That's when we discovered the heat strip in the popup no longer worked. I had to use my Amex card to scrape the frost off the windshield to get to the bathouse. The next day dumbass me sits in the splash zone.

I found a photo from the trip...two days later it was 80...crazy weather we have here!

That is a great photo!

Are all of those kids yours?

If so, good job!

Since we both live in the same town, I was half expecting to recognize you, but I don't.

We will have to meet up for that beer and compare notes soon.

Great report, TCD! Can't wait for the next one! :jumpforjoy

Hey there Leslie, glad that you enjoyed it.

If all goes according to plan, the next one will be starting within the next 24 hours.

I even have my title ready to go!

Well done

Thanks, Michael.

It was good to see you and your family on this trip.

As always a wonderful trip report thank you TCD, and I liked the bonus with the Sea World nice touch, have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy New Years to the whole TCD family.

Thank you.

I missed wishing you a merry Christmas, so let me wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Because you are such a classy guy, I again will not gloat talk about the FSU win! I have decided that we will definitely be heading to Sea World some time in the near future, for sure we will be heading there to see the Christmas display next year!

Thanks for your TR, I enjoyed it much! Merry Christmas, to the TCD family!

Rita-

It's OK if you want to gloat.

I have gloated plenty over the past few years.

Turn about is fair play.

I got to watch FSU beat ND at the Champs Sports Bowl last week!

And, the Gators won their bowl game yesterday, which surprised the heck out of me, so it is all good!

I saw that huge Santa the other night, holy cow.

The site a few spaces down has a very large Santa, but as big as it was it wasn't even close to this one.

The people in the other site I'm sure were thinking they had the largest Santa and then this guy puts up Godzilla Santa. I mean look at it.

Did you see the huge toy wagon/car too? I want one of those.

LOL- Godzilla Santa. So true!

I never saw the toy wagon/car. Where was it?

Nice job TCD!!! I like the bonus footage of Sea World. And sneaking in another GAG....priceless!!! Love it.

Well, except one thing. No GAG pic??

Aw, nevermind. The obvious lack of steak fries would only tick me off anyways. I guess you were actually doing me a favor not showing a pic. Thanks!

Sorry about the no GAG photo.

But, it was the dreaded Disney Fries again.

Loaded with salt.

I'm still thirsty.

And by "woo hoo" I mean "woo hoo that was a great TR," not "woo hoo it's over."

More like "dammit, it's over." Now what am I to do?

I can only hope there will be a TCD New Year's trip...

There was.

And, as I've already mentioned, there will be a report.

So Woo Hoo!

Good, I'm not too far behind!

In the Space Mountain pic, it looks like Twin #1 is signing the word 'help'. Appropriate since she's about to plummet into space! (I can understand the turkey but as an ASL interpreter, my brain automatically sees signs lol)

I love the new Fort merchandise! I've emailed merchandise services a few days ago to see about ordering some but no response yet.

We've had dinner one night on the porch and it was great! 2 Lone Riders, 1 picnic table, and a lot of people watching between the BBQ and HDDR.

I woke up early one day last year during our Christmas visit and set out. The Settlement was empty like your pictures and it was a great moment. It was quiet and i had the decorations all to myself. I really hope they leave that area alone, especially the wooded walking path.

I'm looking forward to the next report. Hopefully New Years??

Yep.

New Year's.

You were there last year.

In the 1500 loop.

I didn't see you this year.

But, that's where I was.

The report will start soon.

Very nice Andrew, very nice indeed :golfclap:

Thanks, Bob.

The only thing that would have made this trip better would have been seeing you out on your dock one morning.

It's not the same without you holding down the 600 loop.

TCD

Just a few more comments:

TCD, thank for the continuous trip reports, I love it! I was just at the Fort and was looking for you everywhere!

You are welcome.

When were you at the Fort?

I must not have been there, because if you were looking, you probably would have found me.

:yay: Enjoyed it, Thanks.

Thanks, Christy.

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family (and I mean even Dave).

I've never seen a Sea of Trees before! Cool!

Great report Andrew! And what a great way to end it...

with another GAG and big Santa.

You always say that the end of one TCD TR means the beginning of a new one.... sooooooo...... I'm waiting, and I am not nearly as patient as Stef. ;D

Sorry for the delay in starting the new one.

But, I had to finish the trip before I could begin the report.

I don't have a numbered list for you this time. It would take a up a whole page.. but I'm caught up.. at the end. Isn't it bout time you headed back to the Fort?

Yep.

It was time for me to go back to the Fort.

Mission accomplished.

The new report will launch soon.

TCD,

Heidi

I recommend a trip back to Sea World. The new coaster is awesome. And the great thing about it is that every time we have visited, it has never been more than a 10 or 15 minute wait- even when the park is busy. That danged thing is so intense that nobody wants to ride it- kind of like MIssion Space at Epcot.

Also, all of the Christmas stuff was very nice.

If you can post that bull photo, I sure would enjoy it!

Great report, I now understand why I never saw you at your camp site. You are a busy TCD. Looking forward to your next report.....Again thanks for the spike, I have some memorabilia from our first trip in 1979, that I plan to display it with. I'll have Michael post a picture when complete.

Thanks.

It's true- I am not at my site very much.

I hope that you do get Michael to post a photo of your spike display- I would really like to see it.

TCD