Hail To The Bus Driver

I've been given small gifts, been asked for a hug, it was a little boy so I was ok with it. paid compliments for my driving, done high fives, gotten thank you cards, but today was a first.

This really happy and friendly small group got on my bus this morning at CBR when all of a sudden one of them yelled out, lets sing "hail to the bus driver". Which they did. They had a song all prepared hailing, yes, me. It was too funny and I really got a kick out of it. I told them they should have waited until I got them to their destination in one piece.

Some days are cool arent they!!!

Actually most days are.

I can only imagine the song that will be sung if we ever manage to pull off getting on your bus with a pile 'o Fiends!

The on-board computer has a prerecorded spiel about riders using un-Disney language. Don't make me use it.

I want to be there when that happens.

I'm not sure that's a good idea.

MagicBus drives a bus for the lonely

he cheers up everyone everyday

MagicBus loves them all like his family

and I think he's sent here by God

Why not jump on the 5 for your journey

its a bus ride you'll never regret

MagicBus will make everyone happy

and his smile you'll never forget

He's got pink carpet on the sliding door

and super bubbles on the marble floor

don't need no money cause the entry's free

and MagicBus is making the whole world smile with love

With excuses to Happy Busman ...

The on-board computer has a prerecorded spiel about riders using un-Disney language. Don't make me use it.

I smell a new mission....

I'll pack the chewing gum to clog up the on-board computer (since we know you can't buy gum at WDW), Stef will create a diversion by attempting to board the bus with a vat of punch and a sack full of red solo cups and then Doodle will lead us in a rousing chorus of some bawdy tune.

..or It's a Small World. :rofl2:

I smell a new mission....

I'll pack the chewing gum to clog up the on-board computer (since we know you can't buy gum at WDW), Stef will create a diversion by attempting to board the bus with a vat of punch and a sack full of red solo cups and then Doodle will lead us in a rousing chorus of some bawdy tune.

..or It's a Small World. :rofl2:

I'm in... what's my job?

Lou-

That is great!

And well deserved!

What is the tune for this song?

Do you remember any of the lyrics?

I'm just tryig to visualize the whole thing.

And, I have a question about what you said here:

Is that true?

Is the "watch your language" speil delivered by the same voice that gives the other spiels?

Is he the same voice actor used on the monorails?

(sorry to bring up monorails, I know how you feel about them, but I'm curious)

What other such spiels are there?

TCD

And well deserved!

What is the tune for this song?

Do you remember any of the lyrics?

I'm just tryig to visualize the whole thing.

Being a realist, I'm sure they sang that song for every single bus driver they had, but none the less, it was a nice gesture that took some effort on their parts to learn it.

I was too busy laughing and driving that I didn't pay attention to the song itself.

They're all staying at the CBR, so maybe I'll get them again and I'll pay attention if there is a next time.

Is that true?

Is the "watch your language" speil delivered by the same voice that gives the other spiels?

Is he the same voice actor used on the monorails?

(sorry to bring up monorails, I know how you feel about them, but I'm curious)

Yes it's true, I've only used it once in four years.

I believe it is the same guy that does the MR spiels.

What other such spiels are there?

There are 30 or so spiels.

The one I use the most is the happy birthday announcement. Second is the princess on board spiel.

There is one for pirate on board, happy anniversary, first timers, dress code, bad language, kids must be seated, which doors to use, and many others that I never use.