When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

• Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
    • Campsite - With Full Hook-up
    • Campsite - Preferred
    • Campsite - Premium
    • Cabin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't have an RV...YET! So it's the cabin for us!

I voted for premium, I am also the one with the word "sucker" written on my forehead! :dance: When they first made 500's premium, I said NO WAY will I pay those prices! Then one trip I was forced into it, and loved it! NO shells, and truck, TT, bikes, golf cart and cornhole boards all fit so nice!

Preferred Pet... which pretty much means we're always in 300

Which is actually what we love anyway.

Close to the dog park, dog walk and Settlement.

Were you there over Christmas?  Seems like someone had a light post outside,a sign with a name on it, and the site backed up directly to the canal.... was that you?

Preferred Pet.  Although, our first trip to FW I think I'll stay there next time.  It was really nice to be in quick walking distance to both a kidpark, dog park, and the settlement.  As a matter of fact, you can drop your kids off at the playground, take the dog into the dog park, and watch both at the same time.

We actually are talking about the possibility of renting a camper for a short trip in March. My brother was showing my Mama pictures and talking about trying out camping at Fort Wilderness. What did Mama say? "Will the Mousekeepers clean the camper for us too?" Gotta love that spoiled little woman! >:D :rofl2:

We actually are talking about the possibility of renting a camper for a short trip in March. My brother was showing my Mama pictures and talking about trying out camping at Fort Wilderness. What did Mama say? "Will the Mousekeepers clean the camper for us too?" Gotta love that spoiled little woman! :heart: :rofl2:

Not a possibility - it's a done deal.  Confirmed Reservations at the Fort, and the deposit paid on the 5th Wheel ...

And, YES, she doesn't like the fact there is no Mousekeeping for the Camper  :rofl2: :dance: :rofl2:

We stayed in the 2000 loop the first time because we had a pop up.  Since then we stay in the preferred.  We have been fortunate to get the 100 loop each time so the kids are close to the beach and playground as well as everything near the marina.  I like being close to Trails End too for my free refills.  That and I like to just take a ride on the boats and check out the other Resorts.

Most of our trips are weekend trips so I try to get partial site. However, on our real vacation for week or more I go for full hook up to have the sewer hookup so I don't have to hunt for a place to dump waste water. It is nice to not have to worry about how much water you use when washing up. One of these days I will try the premium sites if I can get a deal.

We have only been in the preferred loops each time we have been. We liked the 200 loop a lot more than the 100 loop. But I think that's only because the site we had 110 was very small & there was zero privacy because you are completely surrounded. Next time we may try a full hook-up loop since we get a GC anyway.

When we use DVC points, we stay in a premium site.  It doesn't cost many points and we usually have more points than we need. The first time we went to FW, we borrowed a friend's RV and stayed in a full hook-up in the 600 loop.  We really liked it too.

We thought about buying into the DVC for just that purpose! We could go on a lot of trips that way!!

Just curious.  I wonder how the percentages in the survey above compares to the percentages of campsites/cabins available at the Fort.  For instance: are cabins 16% of the spaces the Fort has built?  Surely some of you long time loopers know how many of each type there are.  ???