When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

• Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
    • Campsite - With Full Hook-up
    • Campsite - Preferred
    • Campsite - Premium
    • Cabin

Premium site, with a tie between 900 and 1400. But dang, I like 800 as well!

Shoooot! Just give me a big site with Fort Fiends as neighbors on each side.  :parrot:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't have an RV...YET! So it's the cabin for us!

• 3 months later...

We stayed in 2000 last time, but prior to that, we've always stayed in a preferred site. Our current reservation is for preferred, as well.

I remember when preferred was 100-500, then they changed it to include several other loops. I actually like the fact that preferred is now 100-300.

• 4 weeks later...

We have mainly booked Premium because it gives us lots of space, but on our last weekend we stayed in full hook up in Loop 1700 and we may switch to that from now on. Like the space between the sites more.

I've been thinking about full hookups for a trip but I like the proximity to the dog park that preferred and premium allows since we don't do the golf cart thing.

We have spent most of our time in 1800 (full) 300 (preferred) and 500 (premium). As I have stated numerous times, I love 500.

• Close enough to walk to both the pool and the marina.
  • Close enough to hear the activity at HDDR and the boat horns (are they really gone?!)
  • The carriage rides will often loop through 500 and I love the clop-clop.
  • It's shady.
  • It has it's OWN comfort station (I will not do 400, 600 or 700 for that reason).
  • Easy-in, easy-out, with little cut-through traffic.
  • It's a pet loop and very close to the dog park

Loop 300 is a close second in my book.

ShantaClausSm.png

We have spent most of our time in 1800 (full) 300 (preferred) and 500 (premium). As I have stated numerous times, I love 500.

• Close enough to walk to both the pool and the marina.
  • Close enough to hear the activity at HDDR and the boat horns (are they really gone?!)
  • The carriage rides will often loop through 500 and I love the clop-clop.
  • It's shady.
  • It has it's OWN comfort station (I will not do 400, 600 or 700 for that reason).
  • Easy-in, easy-out, with little cut-through traffic.
  • It's a pet loop and very close to the dog park

Loop 300 is a close second in my book.

ShantaClausSm.png

There is something REALLY nice about the walk along the canal banks to the Dog Park. We had site 328. I am afraid if we did full hookups without a golf cart we'd find the dog park to far away. Who am I kidding it's a bit hard to fit a Great Dane, 2 adults, 2 kids, and an Australian Cattle Dog into one golf cart.

It was also a pleasant walk to the Marina, Trails End, the pool.....I need to stop now. I'm seriously missing the fort!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We don't have an RV...YET! So it's the cabin for us!

Do you have a loop that u prefer? Do you usually pay full price? Thanks

Depends on site level. If I get full hookup I like 1700, if I get premium, I like most any of them except for 600 and 700. As long as I'm close to a comfort station, I'm happy.

Don't like 1900 for full.

I have a love/hate relationship with 2000. (Partial hookup). Love the size and layout of the sites, but usually don't like the "other folks" that tend to be assigned to that loop.

• 10 months later...

We don't have a TT or MH so it's the cabins for us.The cabins are so relaxing and quiet. The first 2 times we came down, we stayed at the 900 loop. Great location across from the Meadow TP and near the campfire. Agree with Mouseketab about the folks in the 2000 loop. My daughter & husband stayed there and didn't get any sleep the whole weekend.

• 1 month later...

Reppin' the tent sites!

I have a love/hate relationship with 2000. (Partial hookup). Love the size and layout of the sites, but usually don't like the "other folks" that tend to be assigned to that loop.

Oh no! Bummer summer. I loved the 2000 loop! Then again, I was the very first site (2001) and didn't have a neighbor until my check-out day. Man, in retrospect, that really was an ideal trip scenario.

I also like the 2000 loop, have been in it twice, large sites. Usually stay from Sunday til Saturday and the loop in almost empty on those days. We had a large group in 1400 on one site than in 2000. I think they had 5 tents on one site for the week I was there.

• 2 months later...

We have always booked the premium sites. But last April we stayed in 1600 (Full Hookup) loop and loved it. A lot less crowded, except for the locals on the weekends, and it is very peaceful. We have our own golf cart so distance from things really didn't matter that much. 

I tried to book a full hookup this year but they said that my camper is too big and I need a premium site. I told them that I stayed in the 1600 loop last time with the same camper. And they told me it was there new policy. I know my camper is large 43' from tongue to bumper and 2 slides on the one side but it has never been an issue until now. Strange and annoying. 

Anybody else encounter this before?

It's worth a shot. Let us know how you make out.

If it's a new policy, it's *really* new.  Nothing on the website gives any restriction as to what type of camper you can put in what level of site above a partial.

Just for giggles I tried the online reservation system, and when I choose Full Hookup all it says is...

Full Hook-Up Campsites include power, water and sewer. High-speed Internet access is available. These private, secluded accommodations are back-in sites bordered by lush wilderness, and feature a level paved pad, Coquina rock bed, picnic table and charcoal grill, plus all the magic of Disney just steps outside your front door. Nearby, you will find deluxe, air-conditioned Comfort Stations with restrooms, private showers, ice dispensers, laundry facilities and pay phones. If you are bringing your pets, be sure to request a pet-friendly campsite. (Restrictions and charges apply.)

The following equipment is best suited to our Full Hook-up Sites:

• Motor Home
  • Motor Home with Additional Tents
  • 5th Wheel
  • 5th Wheel with Additional Tents
  • Travel Trailer
  • Travel Trailer with Additional Tents
  • Truck/Van Camper
  • Truck/Van Camper with Additional Tents
  • Pop Up Camper
  • Pop Up Camper with Additional Tents

Nothing at all that talks about size of camper.

I followed the process all the way to "book now" and nothing prompted me for the size of my camper.