When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. When you stay at Fort Wilderness - What type of room/site do you normally book?

• Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
    • Campsite - With Full Hook-up
    • Campsite - Preferred
    • Campsite - Premium
    • Cabin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't have an RV...YET! So it's the cabin for us!

I am loving seeing all the people going for the preferred and premium sites. Makes it so much easier to book my full hook up site.

It's worth a shot. Let us know how you make out.

If it's a new policy, it's *really* new.  Nothing on the website gives any restriction as to what type of camper you can put in what level of site above a partial.

Just for giggles I tried the online reservation system, and when I choose Full Hookup all it says is...

Nothing at all that talks about size of camper.

I followed the process all the way to "book now" and nothing prompted me for the size of my camper.

Where did you see that quoted information on the Disney site, Mo?

Ever since they upgraded that site with the phony campsite photos, the details of what you could put where has been missing from the site.

I just looked, and I still can't find it.  Do you have a link?  Are you looking at the old site?

TCD

I actually started booking a reservation.  It popped up when I had to choose which level of site I wanted.

That's odd.  I have not been able to find that information on the new site.  I just tried to book a site- no information about what type of equipment goes in each loop popped up anywhere. Also- the pet rules used to be on there.  Not anymore.

TCD

Well I called today and did get a different answer. They said that they recommend a premium site because of our large site needs but that I was more than welcome to change to the full hook up loops if I want, but now DW wants to stay premium to avoid all the sand/shell stuff in the camper. :banghead: Oh well. Thanks everyone for the advice. :highfive:

Well I called today and did get a different answer. They said that they recommend a premium site because of our large site needs but that I was more than welcome to change to the full hook up loops if I want, but now DW wants to stay premium to avoid all the sand/shell stuff in the camper. :banghead: Oh well. Thanks everyone for the advice. :highfive:

Gee, funny how you can get a different answer each time.  ::)

Thanks for letting us know. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll stay anywhere. We have stayed on basic site to premium. If budget allows we would prefer the premium. We have found that the comfort stations are less busy if you stay at the premium loops. We just decorate the pop up really good so we have something on all those fancy class A motor homes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the majority of people who prefer full hook-up prefer 1700 loop.  

I'm just curious as to why?

I understand the site issues with 1900, but what makes 1700 more preferable over 1600?

If we ever upgrade to a TT from a tent, I think we would rather do a full site, so I'm just curious.

Thanks  :)

In 1600 the concrete on the sites is narrower than 1700 and the sites seem closer together.  In 1700, the concrete in the sites "widen" out about 1/2 way back, and everything seems more spacious.

The 1800 loop concrete pads widen out the same way that 1700 does, but of course the loop is a little more isolated.

1900 is just a swampy mess.

After doing premium last year and getting upgraded to premium this year. I can't see going back. Just have so much more room. I have 12' pop up camper, easy up, food tent, movie screen and we put up a 16'x14' tarp up over the middle for rain proof sitting. Also my wife prefers less dirt in camper. Only down side this year is that the comfort station is so far away. Just have to hop on cart for pottie breaks.