From WDW News Today...

Peter Pan’s Flight Officially Receiving An Interactive Queue

Jan 11, 2012 by wdwntadmin ico_post_comments.png1 Comment ico_post_date.png Posted under: The Magic Kingdom

884228426_TMzzt-L.jpg

While it has not been announced formally to guests, cast members have been informed that work will be happening in the queue at Peter Pan’s Flight between January 16th and March 6th. An interactive queue area is being constructed to entertain guests during the usual long lines that this ride gets. It is expected to open on March 7, 2012. Disney is stating that the work will have no effect on the attraction, so it will remain open as the Haunted Mansion did during the installation of its interactive queue. Stay tuned to WDW News Today as more becomes available on this story.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8512

Meh.

I feel like these interactive queues are just an effort to appease guests by creating new stuff without having to add any new attractions.

And I don't get what they are thinking as to how some of these work. We don't visit the parks when it's crazy busy, so I don't know how the HM alternate queue works on a busy day, but it seems like those who do the interactive stuff are getting suckered in to a longer wait.

The interactive stuff they put in Space Mountain also doesn't make sense to me. I have never seen it where anyone can actually complete any of the activities on the computer screens without holding up the line. What's the point of that?

TCD

From MousePlanet...

Peter Pan's Flight will remain open while work takes place on a new interactive queue from January 16 through March 6. This is in conjunction with work to add a new restroom and an additional path from Fantasyland to Liberty Square that will likely require the removal or relocation of the pet cemetery near the exit from the Haunted Mansion.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9857/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

Oh, that is so sad that they are removing the Pet Cemetary :-(

I really hope they're just relocating it. Actually if they could put it somewhere so you can actually get a better view of it, that would be a plus!

I finally got decent pics of the Mr. Toad monument way in the back this trip...

6381097693_6f25beba87_z.jpg

That is a GREAT picture!!!

I have a funny moment to share about Mr. Toad in the Pet Cemetary. Shortly after they shut Mr. Toad down, they installed him in the Pet Cemetary. On one of our December group trips a large group of us were exiting Haunted Mansion and stopped to admire Mr. Toad. (We were not blocking the path). We had some folks brush past us and overhead us talking about him and they commented "Some folks need to get a life"!!

Now I for one would be hugely dissapointed if all those little things were not in the parks!! That is what makes WDW what it is!!

...We had some folks brush past us and overhead us talking about him and they commented "Some folks need to get a life"!!

Now I for one would be hugely dissapointed if all those little things were not in the parks!! That is what makes WDW what it is!!

And some people should get a clue!

I agree 100% Carol. Looking for and stumbling upon those little details are a HUGE part of the fun and what makes WDW stand apart from the rest.

It's also the reason I drive Brian crazy taking so many pictures. ;)

So, the talk about the new path possibly going through the pet cemetery got me to thinking-

Why would they do that?

I decided to take a look at an aerial shot of the MK.

I can visualize what they are thinking of now.

Right now, to go from Liberty Square to Fantasyland, you must walk through the little space next to Columbia Harbor House and the gift shop. That area always gets congested. They must want to build a new walkway around the gift shop- they probably will use the area around the old skyway station.

You can see the area in this photo- the big building next to the Small World building is the ride building for the Haunted Mansion ride:

mk.jpg

So, I can see them created a big wide walkway right through the pet cemetery, and then curving around into Fantasyland.

The other thing I think is noteworthy in that photo is how big the construction area for the Fantasyland expansion is.

TCD

Anything that frees up the congestion in that area can't be a bad thing.

Now if they could only do something about the log jam that happens in front of IASW. Even on a slow day I've been in BUMper to BUMper traffic there where the best you can do is shuffle or dodge and weave... and hope you don't get flattened by a stroller.

Is that the ONLY reason you drive Brian crazy? :whew:

Um... how much time ya got?

• 3 years later...

Wow... just realized it's been 3 years since this was first announced!  From the Disney Parks Blog...

If you’ve experienced the interactive queues at attractions like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom Park, then you’ve seen firsthand the way Disney innovation and creativity are coming together to immerse you in the story well ahead of stepping into a ride vehicle. Today we’re happy to share a sneak peek into a new interactive queue that will debut at Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom Park very soon.

wdwsplh123456-613x407.jpg

mksplk123456THUMB.jpg fjwdwp123456THUMB.jpg

Guests will soon be able to watch Tinker Bell fly around and interact with Wendy, John and Michael’s toys. They’ll also see their own shadows come alive on the wall in the children’s nursery and get a sprinkle of pixie dust before they head off into Never Land with Peter Pan.

What do you think? Will you check it out on your next trip to Magic Kingdom Park? Tell us in the comments section below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/sneak-peek-interactive-queue-to-debut-at-peter-pans-flight-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Chip & Co posted some videos of the queue.  Cool!  

The bottom one is more of the walk through with the lights on brighter but no interactive stuff.  The top video shows the interactive but is darker.  Watch both - loads of detail! 

http://www.chipandco.com/peter-pans-flight-interactive-queue-debuts-walt-disney-world-206237/

• 3 weeks later...

The Disney Parks Blog posted again about the new Peter Pan interactive queue:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/video-step-inside-the-story-of-peter-pan-in-the-attractions-new-interactive-queue/

There's a video explaining the concept and showing some of the special effects.

The TCD gang saw this in action this past weekend.

I hate to admit it, but I liked it.

TCD