Rainforest Cafe Safari Club to End/Change

For those of you that may be Rainforest Cafe Safari Club Members, they are changing the program, and you have to register to become a member of the new program.

It is free for current Rainforest Safari Club members.

All of the details are here:

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/safariclub.asp

Did y'all join this just to use at WDW?

It looks like the new program costs $25 to join if you weren't already a member.

As far as I can see, the big monetary benefit is 10% off retail. But the Rainforest Cafes at WDW give a 10% discount to WDW passholders.

I never joined the other program, and I don't think I will join this one, unless I am missing something.

Am I?

TCD

We joined because we have a Rainforest here in Michigan. My family loves to go there a couple of times a year. The thing that works out great for me is the free appetizer. I can't eat a full meal, being able to get the appetizer I don't have order a full meal only to waste most of it.

Also as a member they send you additional coupons for $10 off your visit for either your food or merchandise.

When we joined way back the cost of membership was $10, I don't know if I would join for $25 now though.

I have been a Rain Forest Safari club member for years, so I transferred to the Landry's card with no cost... Here are some of the benefits listed on the Landry Website:

Overview of Landry's Select Club Features

We have a saying at Landry’s that “there are no spare customers.” We value each and every guest and appreciate your loyalty. We do everything we can to ensure that you are taken care of every time that you visit any one of our participating restaurants in 31 states across the country.

As a member of the Landry’s Select Club, here are some of the benefits you will receive.

• Earn Points – 1 point for every dollar spent at participating Landry’s locations.
  • Welcome Reward – $25 Reward automatically added to your account upon registration.*
  • Birthday Reward – $25 Reward which can be redeemed during your birthday month.
  • Priority Seating – Receive seating privileges, seven days a week.
  • Retail Benefits – Receive a 10% discount or earn points on your purchases (benefit based on retail location)
  • Gift Cards - Earn points when you purchase gift cards.
  • Online Access – 24-hour access to your account to review transactions, point balances and rewards.
  • Email Notifications – You will receive information about rewards and other important club news.
  • Faster Delivery of Rewards – Rewards are automatically added to your account, so no more paper gift certificates!
  • Member-only access to special offers and promotions, including our entertainment and hospitality venues.

With RF card, the more you used it, the more special offers they sent you. I'm not sure how Landry will work it. I think there are more participating resturants available with the Landry card also.

Would I spend $ 25.00 for a Landry card? I probably would, because I live close and love Rain Forest Cafe. There are also 7 other locations close that I can use the Landry card at (Yak & Yetti in AK is one). If I didn't live close to any of the resturants, I would not buy the card, I don't think it would be worth it.

We bought it years ago. And yes, back then it was just available to us at Disney. It was only $15, and we got a $15 gift certificate in the mail right away.

Since then we've used it quite a bit over the years. There was a Rainforest Cafe and "Aquarium" restaurant in Opry Mills mall that we frequented 4 - 5 times a year. (I hope they reopen)

The biggest benefit to us is priority seating without a reservation. There have been times when we just couldn't get dinner reservations at Disney, so off to Rainforest, get seated quickly, and get a decent meal.