Ok, TnBob asked me a while back about Arrowhead Campground in Marianna, Florida. I was up that way today, so I went by to check it out. I did take a couple pics, but yuck. That's sad too, because my Mama and Daddy used to go up there in their pup when my son was a little boy. It has really been let go.

I decided to go ahead and check out Dove Rest campground. It is 1.2 miles from the interstate 142 exit. It is nothing fantastic, but it would work fine for overnight on the way to and from the Fort. There is a Travel America truckstop just before the entrance ramp back on to the interstate. There is also a Walmart, Lowes, McD's, BK, KFC, Firehouse subs, Ruby Tuesday, Sonny's, Po'folks, Pizza Hut, Beef O'bradys. Waffle House and an Arby's about 1.5 miles from the campground on the other side of the exit. Here are some pics I snapped while I was there.

photobucket-10173-1327023294870.jpg

photobucket-14146-1327023333183.jpg

photobucket-12383-1327023367139.jpg

photobucket-16098-1327023407605.jpg

photobucket-8977-1327023464800.jpg

Like I said, nothing special! The lady in the office was real nice. She said if you arrive after the office is closed there is a box with packets of info and a map. The registration is in there and you just fill it in and put the payment in the box. I wasn't sure what anyone might want to know, if you have questions just ask!

• 1 year later...