I am thinking of renting a C class RV from CruiseAmerica. Has anyone used them before? I thought about picking up the RV in either Gainesville or Ocala and driving down to the Fort. I viewed one up here in Atlanta and it looked a little beat up. The base rate for a C30 with no miles is $743 for 8 nights. I am also charged $256 for an allowance of 800 miles and reimbursed for miles under 800.

Have you considered renting a local RV that delivers to the Fort. This way you would be able to drive your vehicle, have it available while at the Fort to get around, and not worry about driving an RV. Considering the amount the RV with mileage would cost, you may be able to rent a larger RV with delivery.

ETA:

I have no rental history with CruiseAmerica, can't help you there. Sorry.

Have you considered renting a local RV that delivers to the Fort. This way you would be able to drive your vehicle, have it available while at the Fort to get around, and not worry about driving an RV. Considering the amount the RV with mileage would cost, you may be able to rent a larger RV with delivery.

ETA:

I have no rental history with CruiseAmerica, can't help you there. Sorry.

what she said

I have thought of having an RV delivered to the grounds but my son would like to experience being on the open road in an RV. I figured G'ville or Ocala would be just far enough away for him to have the experience.

I understand what you are saying.

We considered doing something similar before we purchased our RV, when going to Daytona. But after we considered we would have to leave our own vehicle, transfer our stuff into the RV, and rely on the maintenance of Cruise America and thier schedule to drop off and pick up, we kept with out tent.

And I didn't mention earlier the cost of gas between the locations, you are probably looking at 6-8 mpg, so not only mileage but fuel too.

Best of luck with whatever decision you make!!!!! :jumpforjoy

Lucky Boy you got there. :heartsmiley:

You could always try to convince him that the simulator at star tours would be similar. Or toy story... :rofl2:

LOL SCTigerCock...Genia!

Star Wars / Toy Story are favorites but I can't convince my son that they are RV experiences. It's like trying to convince my husband that the Tomorrowland Speedway is a good substitute for wanting to test drive a Ferrari.

They have an exotic car driving experience over at Richard Petty's now. Maybe even a Ferrari

No experience with Cruise America. I actually looked into this at one time, but they came with nothing in them and I didn't want to have to load my whole house up or pay their ridiculous prices for dishes etc.

We ended up renting a Fifth Wheel from http://makecampingeasy.com/ The owner was awesome and definitely made it easy! It came with everything including a golf cart. When we arrived he had it set up with lights on the awning, rugs, chairs and a grill! He called to check on us and gave us his cell number in case we had any issues. It was indeed EASY!

I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy exploring the FF.net site!

I vote NO. I used to sell RVs and had experience w/ Cruise America units coming into our shop off the road. They always seemed tacky and poorly maintained. As a 25yr RVer I would hate for your son or anyone else in your family to judge RVing by that experince.

You will need to bring all your bedding and if to plan on cooking at your site you need pots and pans we did all the cooking on our site so we didn’t need them. If you have an extra small TV and cable bring it. We were already at the Fort and didn’t have a extra TV so I went to Malmart and bought one and returned is on the way to return the RV

and didn’t have a extra TV so I went to Walmart and bought one and returned it on the way to return the RV

Tell me you're kidding about the TV?

I didn't even consider Cruise America after comparing them to Camping Worlds RVs. IMO, they look cheaper. Price isn't everything. Having a living room slide was a nice feature.

Tell me you're kidding about the TV?

I didn't even consider Cruise America after comparing them to Camping Worlds RVs. IMO, they look cheaper. Price isn't everything. Having a living room slide was a nice feature.

I sure hope he is joking. That can get you a court date in Michigan.

You will need to bring all your bedding and if to plan on cooking at your site you need pots and pans we did all the cooking on our site so we didn’t need them. If you have an extra small TV and cable bring it. We were already at the Fort and didn’t have a extra TV so I went to Malmart and bought one and returned is on the way to return the RV

If you're gonna post something like this, PLEASE.....put a "JUST KIDDING smiley after it. PLEASE !!!!

Cruise America RV's do not come with a TV or DVD player, which I think I can live without. I'm not too worried about appearances as long as it gets me down to the campground. My son is really looking forward to driving with me in the RV so a 5th wheel or popup placed on the campsite for us isn't what we are looking for. We love camping at the Fort in a tent, but giving an RV a try this trip. I checked into Camping World and the price for my length of stay would be $1840 compared to Cruise America for $889. Eight hundred dollars is a lot, but another $1,000 is too much.