From the Disney Parks blog...

A Lesson in Tonga Toast at Disney’s Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on January 23rd, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

We can’t imagine there’s any Disney fan who hasn’t tasted the indulgent Tonga Toast, on the menu at Disney’s Polynesian Resort since 1971. In case you haven’t tried the deep-fried concoction, check out this “Taste of Disney” video, part of the series for Disney.com. Chef Lawrence Searl from Disney’s Kona Cafe shows you how to make this delicious breakfast treat at home. For the full recipe, go to www.disney.com/taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MKp0gk_gMHY

We were lucky because as you all know we never get going early. Just as we ordered they changed the menu to lunch. We were waiting and waiting for our order, I think they forgot about us as they were getting lunch ready. We finally said something and I think they ran and got the stuff out to make it.

My advice.... DOn't Do it!! You'll become a slave to the tonga toast --- as I have. I can't remember a stay when we haven't made the MANDATORY journey to the polynesian for obigatory Tonga Toast, and a french press of Kona Coffee. It has become a VICE. The other dish that has me enslaved is --- Candele Pasta at Via Napoli (Italy, Epcot - World Showcase)

Just so you know --- It is HABIT FORMING!!