From the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Hand-Made Chocolates at Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Feb 3rd, 2012 by AJ.

Just to whet your whistle for the Chocolate, Wine, and Romance weekends at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando throughout February, I wanted to share this review of the hand-made chocolates I had the chance to sample when I was given a box by a friend last Fall!

Chocolates-Revealed-500x351.jpg

Boxed Waldorf Chocolates

But first, here’s a little peek at how they make those incredible treats.

The pastry chefs at the Waldorf create chocolates and truffles right there in the resort, starting with forming and dipping the chocolates and adding decor by hand!

Chocolates-498x525.jpg

Chocolates

Chocolate-Creations-500x333.jpg

Chocolate Creations

The rows and rows of truffles displayed in the Waldorf’s dedicated wedding resources area were phenomenal. I wish I could translate the sweet smell to you, but I’ll have to settle for photographic evidence of the rad-ness.

Chocolates-Close-Up-350x525.jpg

Chocolates Close-Up

Gorgeous-Chocolates-500x333.jpg

Gorgeous Chocolates

Finally, I dug in!! I think I polished off the box in about 5 minutes, if I remember correctly.

My favorites were this strawberry-cheesecakey delight…

Chocolate-Cross-Section-500x466.jpg

Chocolate Cross-Section

And this vanilla creme treat!

Chocolate-Cross-Section-2-500x352.jpg

Chocolate Cross-Section 2

Someday I’m going to live at the Waldorf Orlando full-time. Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it, right?? icon_wink.gif

If you’re thinking you might want to sink your teeth into one of the Waldorf’s chocolate delicacies, head on over during the Chocolate, Wine, and Romance weekends throughout February! Deets are right here…

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/03/review-hand-made-chocolates-at-waldorf-astoria-orlando/