From the Disney Food Blog...

Review: More Earl of Sandwich Brownie Creme Sandwiches

Feb 8th, 2012 by AJ.

So, with the great news about Earl of Sandwich coming to Disneyland, I thought I’d do a little review about some new (to me) Earl desserts I tried at the Orlando Downtown Disney location a couple of months ago!

First, let’s start with a quick look back. When I first found what I call the “browning frosting sandwich” on a past visit to Earl of Sandwich, I was floored.

This was not only the best brownie I’d ever had; it was also some pretty reliable frosting, which is hard to find when you’re a frosting snob like I am!!

whole-side.jpg

Earl of Sandwich Brownie Creme Dessert Sandwich

So I was pretty excited when I realized that not only do they have the vanilla frosting version of this giant dessert — they also have…wait for it…PEANUT BUTTER!!!! AND CHOCOLATE!!!! versions of it! I had to give them a try, too, of course, and here’s the review!

Earl of Sandwich Peanut Butter Brownie Creme Sandwich

You never know what you’re going to get with a peanut butter dessert. Will it be more like a “peanut butter meets sugar and heavy cream” kind of whipped fiasco, or will it be more like a Reese’s peanut butter cup — sweet, but substantial?

PB-Brownie-Sandwich-500x333.jpg

Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwich

In this case, I’d definitely say it’s more the latter. The peanut butter “frosting” here is less of a frosting and more of a filling.

PB-Brownie-Close-Up-500x398.jpg

PB Brownie Sandwich Close-Up

I imagine I could have peeled the brownies off of either side and the peanut butter would have stood on its own. But that’s not a bad thing. For folks who like peanut butter cups (like me), this is going to be exactly what you want!

PB-Brownie-Cross-Section-500x386.jpg

Peanut Butter Fileld Brownie Cross-Section

It’s a “stick to the roof of your mouth” kind of not-too-sweet peanut butter filling, and since my regular way of eating peanut butter cups is to bite off all of the chocolate and then eat the peanut butter on its own, I actually prefer this type of snack to a more frosting-y version.

PB-Brownie-Sandwich-Close-Up-500x425.jpg

PEANUT BUTTER-IFIC

Earl of Sandwich Chocolate Brownie Creme Sandwich

OK, chocoholics, this is FOR YOU!!!

Chocolate-Filled-Brownie-Sandwich-500x321.jpg

Chocolate Filled Brownie Sandwich

The brownies here are super-sweet — they even have chocolate chunks in them — so when you add the ooey-gooey chocolate frosting in the middle, you get a power-punch of chocolate flavor.

As you might be able to tell by the photo, the frosting here, while thick, has a much softer texture than you’ll find in the peanut butter version. Couple that with the rather crumbly brownies, and there’s danger that this giant dessert will fall apart!

Chocolate-Filled-Brownie-Sandwich-Cross-Section-500x400.jpg

Chocolate Filled Brownie Sandwich Cross-Section

But it’s well worth the effort. It’s clear from the pics that if you’re a chocolate frosting lover you’ll be well-rewarded. Once again, the brownies are super rich — more of a milk chocolate than a dark or semi-sweet chocolate flavor — so you’ll need to be able to handle a LOT of sweet on this particular version!

Chocolate-Filled-Brownie-Sandwich-Close-Up-500x466.jpg

FUDGY GOODNESS!

Overall

Once again, Earl of Sandwich is able to provide more truly unique desserts (I haven’t found anything else like these in Disney restaurants) that appeal to my deepest desires — brownies, frosting, and peanut butter.

Once again, though, these truly are giant, super-sweet snacks. It takes some training to be able to eat a whole one of these in one sitting, so it’s a good one to share!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/08/review-more-earl-of-sandwich-brownie-creme-sandwiches/