During our trip to the fort, my sister would like to take her kids to LEGOLAND. (ages 8, 10, and 12)

Who has gone? What should she expect? AND...what are your thoughts about a 12 yr old going? Worth it or not?

Passporter did a review on Legoland. It is the most expensive park per hour of daily use. You would need to go see the review, so I don't give out accidentally misremembered information.

We went to Winter Haven over Thanksgiving and had every intention of going to Legoland. But when we saw how expensive the tickets were, the kids decided they would rather ride the Disney bus and resort hop.

I need to borrow somebody's kid so I don't look like a perv walking around there.

I need to borrow somebody's kid so I don't look like a perv walking around there.

Careful whatcha wish for...

You can meet my sis and I at the gate. Pay and watch after the 4 kids and you're in! (Solved the expense problem, Annie!) :rofl2:

I can't find the review on TouringPlans, but I did find this one. Follow the link for a BUNCH of pictures...

Legoland Florida: Park Review - by Keith Trotter

After a visit to Legoland Florida, you will leave with the realization that anything is possible with imagination. The park creators did a great job of transforming a large portion of the existing park along with lots of newness to create an experience that is truly unique and lots of fun. The entry plaza is bright, welcoming, and sits adjacent to a behemoth new parking lot with plenty of space for huge crowds.

The Island in the Sky is a rotating observation wheel that is raised 150 feet into the air on a hydraulic arm. The view of the park and surrounding area is breathtaking.The Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theater was amazing. Three different shows alternate throughout the day. The 3D was amazing and the wind and snow effects were powerful and really added to the entertainment. Do not skip this attraction. It is absolutely more entertaining and fun than you would possibly imagine. The creators of these three 20 minute movies are incredible story tellers. Top notch.

The Factory Tour gives you a look at how legos are made from tiny balls of plastic that are melted down and then molded into the famous bricks. It is presented in a manner that small children would understand.

Miniland USA is the most detailed and interesting section of the park in my opinion. The attention to detail and the accuracy of the recreations are absolutely amazing. You could easily spend hours gazing at the exhibits and still not notice all the details. The amount of time that had to be spent on planning and building just blows my mind. In Miniland USA, you will see Florida (Daytona Speedway, Kennedy Space Center), Las Vegas, Washington D.C., New York City, and a Pirate themed section. There are special effects all over the place including moving cars, boats, sounds, and even a real lego marching band that actually marches!

DUPLO Village is a section for the wee little ones that has several kiddie style rides: Big Rig Rally, Junior Fire Academy, Granny’s Jalopies, and DUPLO farm play area.

Lego Kingdoms is a medieval themed area anchored by big toy-style castle that houses a ride, shops, and a restaurant! The dragon coaster was a great surprise. From the outside you see the coaster (similar to Goofy's Barnstormer at Magic Kingdom). What you don't see is that once you enter the elaborately themed queue and indoor air conditioned loading station, the coaster is the last part of the ride. This is a dark ride that has amazing show scenes themed around a medieval king, jester, dragon, theme. Very enjoyable.

Royal Joust is a kiddie ride with maximum height and age restrictions that simulates jousting.

Merlin's Challenge is a smaller version of a Himalaya ride, but you do pick up speed throughout the ride and the person on the outside does get squished!!

The Forestman's Hideout is a fabulous play area for bigger kids that sits in the middle of a real forest with gigantic trees that create a great area for kids to play in. Why didn't we have stuff like this when I was a kid?

Lego Technic Test Track is the biggest coaster in the park that starts off with a 45 foot drop immediately after the lift hill. Most mouse coasters start with some switchbacks first, not this one.

AquaZone Wave Racers is a water ride that was the biggest thrill to me. You are on a ride vehicle that is attached to an arm that spins around the circular loading platform. Each vehicle has a steering wheel that controls the fin on the bottom of the boat vehicle. As I was waiting in line to get on, I kept thinking that everyone was getting off laughing and smiling. I couldn't imagine what the big deal was. Once I got on, I realized what a fun ride this was. When you turn the wheel left, your vehicle hugs the loading platform. When you release the wheel to turn it right, the vehicle flings out so fast you feel like your going to fly out!!! How fun is that?? And of course you wheel back to the left again as fast as you can so you can fling yourself out again. There are two platforms in a dueling style formation, and in between them are a series of air canons that blast water in the air and ultimately you! Fun, fun, fun.

Technicyle is a flat ride that goes around in a circle similar to Dumbo except instead of elephants your gondola is a Technicycle!

Hero Factory is an immersive interactive play area based on LEGO’s popular Hero Factory line.

Build & Test is an indoor area where you can build a LEGO car and test it against the competition on the digitally timed track.

Kid Power Towers is a ride that at first looks like mini drop towers. Actually parents and kids hoist their ride bench to the top of the towers with a rope and when you reach the top, you let go of the rope and your bench drops back to the ground quickly, but under control for the little ones.

Pirate's Cove Live Water Ski Show is an homage to the original water ski shows that Cypress Gardens is so famous for. The centerpiece of this show is the huge pirate ship that is made to exact scale of a famous Lego Pirate Ship Toy! Spectular ski stunts make this show a must-see.

Coastersaurus is a junior wooden coaster that curves and dips in and around a prehistoric jungle of animated and life-sized LEGO brick dinosaurs. Formerly the Triple Hurricane.

Lost Kingdom Adventure is LEGOLAND Florida’s spectacular dark ride invites guests to fire laser blasters at targets and brave the rugged Egyptian landscape in all-terrain roadsters, while attempting to unearth the vast treasures of a forgotten empire. What makes this ride great that your guns fire a beam that lights up about two-inches wide red circle (instead of the pinpoint red laser light that other shoot 'em up rides give you) that provides you great aim, and perfect for little ones who need help with their aim.

Pharaoh’s Revenge is an outdoor attraction lets children and parents fire soft foam balls at enemies and explore the complex maze of the Pharaoh’s kingdom.

Beetle Bounce is a 15 foot drop tower.

Safari Trek is a slow moving outdoor car ride that explores the wilds of Africa and features gorgeous, life-like LEGO animals.

FORD Driving School is a total hoot. Children 6 through 13 can drive their cars through a “real-life” driving course. Kids must obey the traffic signs and other real-life road rules. No passing allowed. The group of kids I watched didn't have patience for those in front of them. One little boy couldn't take it, and passed up the little girl in front of him. Once the drive time is up, kids receive their official LEGOLAND driver’s license. At the entry point to the attraction is the famous Ford Explorer that is made completely out of Legos.

FORD Jr. Driving School is a pint-size version driving school course for children ages 3 through 5.

Boating School calls for all aboard this fun-filled ride that allows kids to captain their own mini-vessels. The boats are free floating and as I earlier suspected, little kids can't steer boats, but don't worry there are plenty of operations employees to help get them back in the right direction.

Flying School is the suspended steel coaster that lets kids experience the thrill of flight. I rode this once and it was my last time unfortunately. The OTS restraints that they use come in really far towards your head and you get banged around pretty bad. I predict you will see changes to this ride sooner rather than later.

The Big Test Show was a really cute show that teaches kids what to do in the event of a fire. Get out of the house, dial 911, stop drop and roll type stuff. This show seemed a little silly to me at first, but it grew on me and by the end I wanted to see it again. There are lots of stunts, acrobatics, music and effects in the show. Note to remember- don't sit in the front if you don't want to get wet!

The original Cypress Gardens are still intact and relatively unchanged. As you can see in the pictures, the gardens are serene, beautiful and an escape.

Everyone keeps asking me if they should go to Legoland or if it is just for kids. The park was designed for families with children 2-12. What I can say is that there are things to enjoy for every member of the family of any age. I would tell everyone to go at least once to check it out, you won't be disappointed. Families with children will now have another place to add to their Central Florida attractions list to visit on a regular basis. Kids will absolutely love it and will never be able to get enough of this place!!!!!

http://www.screamsca...and_florida.htm

Also some random ones on Trip Advisor...

http://www.tripadvis...en_Florida.html

And just some general info here...

http://www.themepark...goland_florida/

Yep! :)

Fine to share info from other sites here - either as a direct link or copy/pasting, as long as you also provide the direct link to give credit to whomever the informaiton is coming from.

We're all about the info here... and making sure people get credit for it. :bf-birddancingsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that the educators can still get in free or at a discount, as I am planning on going with the son for spring break. I will post back a first hand account of what is what when I get back. We are going the first full week of March.

Educator's discount??? Hmmmm. Both my sister and I are teachers. :yay:

Legoland Florida Discounts and Deals

LAST UPDATE: 2/7/12- MOST RECENT ADDITIONS ARE IN RED

Legoland Florida, which opened October 15, 2011 in Winter Haven (about 45 minutes south of Walt Disney World) on the site of the old Cypress Gardens, offers rides, shows and attractions ideal for young children ages 2-12. There are some promotions that can save you money. Check below for the latest coupons and offers.

All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!

Jump to:

Legoland Florida - Regular Gate Prices

Legoland Florida - Regular Gate Prices

1-Day Admission Ticket for Legoland is $80.25 for adults (ages 13-59), $69.55 for seniors (60+) and children (3-12), tax included.

Standard Pass (one year of admission, special discounts and invitations to events, newsletter) is $138.03 for adults (ages 13-59), $105.93 for seniors (60+) and children (3-12), tax included.

Plus Pass (one year of admission, parking, dining and retail discounts, special discounts and invitations to events, newsletter) is $170.13 for adults (ages 13-59), $138.03 for seniors (60+) and children (3-12), tax included.

Parking prices are $12 for autos, $15 for campers/RVs, $6 for motorcycles and $20 for preferred parking.

Legoland Florida - Admission Discounts

Jump to:

McDonalds Promo

McDonalds Promo

Buy one adult ticket, get a FREE child ticket. Use this special link and code 11090603. If you want more than one free child ticket, you'll have to re-enter the promo code for each adult / child pair of tickets in your shopping cart, or order one adult, one child with the special link and code, finalize that order and then start again. Tickets expire 1 year from date of purchase.* Thanks to Julie A and Sam P for info. The code for this offer will expire on 3/31/12. Thanks Kelly A. for info.

*Note: we are hearing from readers that while Legoland states on the link above that tickets expire 1 year from date of purchase, some folks have received tickets with an expiration date of 5/31/12, and some have received tickets with a 12/31/12 expiration. We have also received a reports from a reader who purchased tickets 1/12/12 and received tickets with the (correct) 1/11/13 expiration date, or 1 year from date of purchase. You should print or be prepared to show the order form screen with the expiration date that you viewed when ordering tickets, and be prepared for a slight hassle if your tickets do not match your order.

LEGO Toy Promo

LEGO has a coupon for 'buy one adult ticket, get a FREE child ticket' on the back of some of the very small Lego 'mini-kits' available in stores currently. The 'mini-kits' are themed (samples are Harry Potter and Star Wars kits) and priced at around $4.99. Look for a yellow cut-out coupon on the back of the cellophane wrapper. This offer requires purchase of the 'mini-kit' of Legos, but you don't have to buy tickets in advance! Just bring the wrapper to the ticket counter at Legoland. Note that adults must pay the full $75 admission fee, plus applicable tax. Offer can not be combined with other offers, and the expiration date is unknown. Thanks to Margaret H for info.

WB Promo

Get $10 off each admission for as many as 12 adult and/or child tickets. Use this special link and code 1510. The discount comes off after you select the number of tickets and go to the shopping cart, where you put in the code. Thanks to Paul A for info.

Entertainment Book

All 2012 Entertainment Books contain a coupon for $5 off 1-Day Admission, valid through 12/31/12. Each coupon is good for up to 6 people.

The 2012 Orlando edition of the Entertainment Book contains an additional coupon for $5 off 1-Day Admission for up to 6 people, valid through 11/1/12.

AAA Discounts

Each AAA (Auto Club) region has a different ticket policy. Not all regions carry discounted Legoland Florida tickets; regions that do carry the tickets may offer various promotions, which will come and go. To purchase tickets online, you must do so through your own region's website. When purchasing in person, your AAA card is good in any AAA office in any region.

LEGO Magazine

Sign up for the FREE monthly LEGO Magazine, and look for coupons for discounted admission. Thanks to Sulan D for info!

Aeroplan Miles

Canadians can redeem Aeroplan Miles for select Legoland Florida tickets. See the Aeroplan site for details.

Air Miles

Members of the Canadian frequent flier program AIR MILES can save nearly 15% on selected tickets when paying cash. From the <a href="https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Home" target="_blank">airmiles.ca site click the Rewards tab, then Entertainment, then Amusement Parks US, or just click here for details. Tickets are valid until 5/31/12. Thanks to Jian W for info!

Taken from http://www.mousesavers.com/legolandflorida.html

• 1 month later...