While I agree it is a gread depiction of the classification of sites, it appears to me to be something put together by an individual - not Disney for a couple of reasons:

• I can't remember seeing an official Disney product emphasize no anything like this shows "NO RVS" for the tent loops.
  • I don't ever remember seeing Disney calling the 1600-1900 loops the "cloverleaf area"
  • The new icons (pet friendly and circles) obstruct other items in several areas (AED, CS icons)
  • The printing date is 2001
  • The loop designation descriptions in the upper right and the FWR&C in the lower left are where official Disney maps describe the loops (names) as well as identify the numberered items on the map Meadows, bike barn etc.)

Now, did I say it was a great map?

I agree with you, Monique, Tim made some good observations.

In addition to the things Tim noted, I noted some more problems with this map:

1. It has the Orange and Purple bus routes wrong. There was a time, but it has been at least two years ago, when they briefly had the Purple route come up through the main part of the campground- that is what this map shows. At that time, the Orange route continued to just go down the middle of the campground and not through the cabin loops. That is what this map shows. At present, and it has been this way for a couple of years now, the Orange route goes through the cabin loops, as does the Purple. But the Purple route no longer travels through the center of the campground.

2. When the 600 loop was upgraded from a preferred to a premium loop, it was extended. This map, if it is supposed to be up to date, does not show the extension.

3. The dog park is shown on this map as being on the wrong side of the canal and across from the 1400 loop entrance. That is wrong.

4. I have never heard of the designations FP, FD, FA and FB.

Other than all of the incorrect information it contains, I agree- it is a cool map!

I do not doubt that this is a document used by castmembers. In fact, the mistakes make it more believable to me that Fort management had something to do with creating this document. This is par for the course around the Fort, and it demonstrates why folks often get wrong information when they ask a castmember a question.

There was at one time a document similar to this that was used at the Front Desk. I often saw castmembers look at it, and one time I finally asked if I could have a copy of it. The ones they had at the Front Desk were laminated. The castmember I asked went ahead and asked the manager on duty. He said he couldn't spare a laminated one, and he didn't have a color copier, but he said it was OK with him if I wanted to take a photo, so I did. This was in 2008, and here is the photo:

Dcgamez046.jpg

So, this type of map was in use at the Front Desk at one time.

For a long time since all the changes that took place in 2009, I have checked to see if a new color coded map had been prepared. I asked about it many times. I was always told that such a thing did not exist.

I wonder what castmembers use this?

And what ding-dong prepared it?

TCD