It Was Finally Time For A Cruise

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were report

Alright all you hooligans, I'm back and as promised, I'm not doing no stinkin TR.

I will say that the entire cruise was absolutely fantastic.

The ship was beautiful beyond any expectations. Our cabin and deck were huge, it wasn't your standard run of mill cabin. I'll post photos when I get a chance. The crew members were the best. The food was great and the activities kept us as busy as we wanted to be.

A problem may be that it probably spoiled us for any other cruises. I just can't imagine it being any better with another cruise line. It's like comparing other theme parks and campgrounds after you've been to WDW and the Fort.

A special shout out about how great a job they do keeping all the kids busy and entertained. I didn't see any situations with kids misbehaving. They were just having a great time.

So if you're planning on doing a cruise, are a Disney person, don't mind having lots of kids around and enjoy a family atmosphere, a DCL cruise is the only way to go.

However if you're the party animal type, it's not for you. You'll be very disappointed. Not that there weren't any clubs or drinking going on, there are plenty of adult only areas and clubs, but it's not their main focus. They seem to be perfectly happy to let other cruise lines have that share of the cruise market.

And because it's done the Disney way, it will cost quite a bit more, but IMO, it's well worth the difference.

Couldn't this be considered a trip report? It was short and sweet, but it is a trip report...

Glad to hear that you had a good time!

Look at the size of this veranda. It actually continued around the corner. I could see the entire side of the ship and the back.

Cruise1.jpg

This is part of the room. Add another 8 feet for where I'm standing.

Cruise2.jpg

They even had a large activity lounge named in honor of me. Here's a photo to prove it.

Ok, big deal, so the photo just happens to cropped to omit the letters NGE. It was unintentional.

Cruise3.jpg

So you're probably wondering, how did this weasel get that great cabin?

Just luck of the draw.

It's actually a wheelchair accessible room, so everything has to be big enough to allow a wheelchair to maneuver around in it, even the bathroom. It was at least twice the size of a standard cabin bathroom.

I guess they didn't need it and because I'm special, or at least in my own mind think I am, assigned it to me.

The truth is that I called DCL to express my disappointment with the original cabin assignment. I expressed it in a non-complaining sincere manner. The CM said, let me see what I can do. He told me that he did find something better and assigned it to me. But it wasn't until it appeared on the confirmation that I found out what he had done for me.

What's the saying about honey and vinegar.

YahoooooOO!!!!! It's an official non-TR TR from the not-warm & fuzzy really warm & fuzzy bus driving fiend of ours.... :heart:

What a magnificent room, Lou! I am impressed.

Any more photos to share?

:popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

How the heck did I miss this thread?

And when you all are done writing Lou's TR for him, will you please go over and finish that poor, pathetic one I abandoned and left on the side of the road?

Sorry.. we've been visiting the relatives again.. Lou, we will be getting to your TR as soon as I can round up the writing posse..