• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, the flagship is the Cutty Snark.

The one thing I really liked when we went (wasn't a Disney cruise ) was printed out a decent sized map of the us and had star stickers for people to put a sticker where they were from, we then had a s

You mentioned magnetic paper. Are you using something like the Avery magnetic paper?

I haven't used it, but people have posted that they use Avery magnetic paper before. I think that people have had different experiences with different manufacturers. Just a caveat, I used some magnetic paper from eBay that was stored and mailed curled up. It never wanted to be flat after that and was difficult to stick on the stateroom door. I would recommend getting something that is stored flat.

Many people also just print onto cardstock, or photo print and laminate. You can get rolls of magnet tape, cut it into pieces and stick the magnets to the back.

Can you easily cut it?
It cuts pretty easily. I use scissors, it would be better using an exact-knife or some of DW's scrapbooking rigs, best is an electronic cutting tool.
Are you using pinking sheers to cut out the wood part of the signs?
All of my work is done in Photoshop. The only cutting I do is the outline around the graphic, and DW has asked me not to design any more round graphics because my scissor skills are not that sharp :laugh:
  • 5 weeks later...

We do have some talented people on this site.......I am NOT one of them. But I am great at changing diapers, putting in NG tubes, G Tubes, J tubes, Trachs and monitoring heart and oxygen levels. Oh and I can sure stir up some great formula mixtures. :jumpforjoy

• 5 months later...

FutureBusdriver.png

I guess not everyone wants to be a lever-pusher, so here is a Future Bus Driver badge. i'll have to cross out the "future" for TJ and Lou!

Lol!

I should print that for my son. He is either going to drive a bus at Disney or be a firefighter there or a cop when he grows up.

The one thing I really liked when we went (wasn't a Disney cruise ) was printed out a decent sized map of the us and had star stickers for people to put a sticker where they were from, we then had a sheet printed where they could label their sticker and write their town and state. That was fun.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I just ran across it from Chip & Co...

There is a new policy for passengers on board for Disney Cruise Line door decorations. Many passengers enjoyed decorating their stateroom doors with pictures, characters, name tags, and more.

Disney Cruise Line now requires all passengers to refrain from using any type of adhesive (including removable gel adhesives) or over-the-door hanging organizers on their cabin doors. Passengers are only permitted to use magnetic decorations now. According to Disney, these adhesives can cause damage to the appearance and overall condition of the doors.

Disney’s Media Relations Manager, Jacqueline Lorenzetti, reported that any passengers found with a nonmagnetic decoration will be reminded of the policy. If the decorations are not removed, the cabin occupant faces a $100 fee to cover the cost of repairs for damage to the door.

Letters containing this message will be available to guests in every cabin. Magnetic door decorations are available for purchase on-board in merchandise areas and at guest services.

Disney’s official statement reads:

“As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety. 

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.”

What do you think of the new policy on Disney Cruise Line door decorations? Do you decorate your cabin door?

http://www.chipandco.com/policy-disney-cruise-line-door-decorations-125968/