try putting in a longer amount of time. Also if you go on the main page, Judy Fiest is a travel agent that advertises here and is a member, also Roz who is a member is a travel agent tell either one that you are a member her and maybe they can help you

It is always this way unless you bbok early....but just keep calling every day -shorten your requested days and then add on as they become available. I have started with just one night and kept calling till I would get my three weeks. Tenacity and patience has always paid off and I have always gotten my dates over Christmas at the Fort for the last17 years that we have gone. Good Luck and maybe we will see you over Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So your not waiting for the whole school calendar issue to get worked out? It is making so many of my friends do this :banghead:

I didnt even realize there was an issue until today.. shows ya how much I pay attention around here doesnt it, we already chopped it down to the 26th to the 5th, I'm more bummed about fall break than anything!!!!

I didnt even realize there was an issue until today.. shows ya how much I pay attention around here doesnt it, we already chopped it down to the 26th to the 5th, I'm more bummed about fall break than anything!!!!

I am waiting to find out what my son's school does. Since it is not a public school they technically do not have to follow the new law for start and end dates. They typically though try to keep the calendars with in a couple of days of what the city is using. His school is in Huntsville City limits so they for the most part go by that calendar. Now that he is in high school and plays football and basketball the fall break, Thanksgiving Break and Christmas break have become almost non existent as they are taken up with games and tournaments. Even if they don't have to return until August 20th he still has football practices starting August 6th so, any extended summer plans just go right out the window.

Our school board tells the teachers to withdraw a student who is going to miss a week or more during the year. Then when we return from our vacation we just put them back on their bus and send them to school. They are re admitted. This keeps the school from having so many absences on records and losing money for all the children who are absent. Works for us.