My favorite restaurant so far is the Yak & The Yeti in Animal Kingdom.  The fried wantons were heavenly...heavenly... heavenly. 

Every trip we eat at El Pirata y el Perico Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.  It's directly across from Pirates and somehow we are always at Pirates around hungry time.  The vegetarian burritos is great.  We also ate at The Plaza Restaurant.  They had good American food.

The Sci-fi Dine In Theater at Disney Holllywood Studios was a pretty fun place to dine.  The food was typical american diner fare (hamburgers, etc) and the videos were really funny (old hollywood horror B movies trailers).  The only thing I have to say though... it was VERY cold inside.  I froze in my shorts and t-shirts.

We have not done any character breakfasts yet or shows... but someone will be along to help you out.  If you are doing ADR's ... some things fill up faster than others!

At Epcot, we have eaten at both The Rose & The Crown Pub (it was devine... but I'm sure you probably wouldn't want that) and the La Cantina De San Angel (we weren't as impressed with this one.  We liked the one in MK better).

Not really picky I think my hubby is probs the worst, the kids will eat almost anything you put infront of em!! Its my plan this trip to try to do something new each day, this includes food, so open to any suggestion really.....

Thanks rebelstand, cold I am used to!! Sci-Fi sounds like fun and a good way to cool down - last trip we went in April and some days were very hot for us and I believe that Oct has similar weather?

Rose and crown is a definite for us as we dined there last trip and my hubby is insisting on it this time too, he loves the surf and turf thingy, and also the we were seated on the patio which would be a great spot to watch illuminations.  No, no food allergies but thanks for the heads up.

Wow!! We mostly did breakfast and signatures for dinner. It is SO MUCH food. We loved Sci-fi because it was really quiet! Having breakfast in the park before park opening was really nice, we did Crystal Palace and Tusker House and they were both good. Boma Breakfast is really great.

Read through the menus and ask questions, I'm sure between us all here we have been to most every restaurant there!  :o

The Signature restaurants are all very good!  And it's a good way to use some of those credits up!  Our favorite is Citricos at the Grand Floridian.  Some of the other signature places are Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian, the Hoop Dee Doo (must do!), and the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian.

We love the 50's Prime time at DHS.  Good food and lots of fun.  Be sure to get the peanut butter and jelly milkshakes. 

Kona Cafe is good at the Poly.  Of course, I do enjoy me some O'hana! 

Yak and Yeti as stated before. 

Sounds like you already are onto Rose and Crown.  We also like Via Napoli if they take credits. 

There are SO many restaurants we like to try there.  And try to get HDDR tickets.  Have fun! 

My oldest daughter and I enjoy Boma's in the AK Lodge. We all enjoyed Cape May Cafe at the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, Garden Grill in EPCOT, Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks for your replies, It sure is a whole lot of food, I think they'll be weighing us at the airport aswell as the cases!! I am a little intrigued by the peanutbutter and jelly shakes, it's not some thing we have over here, we have peanut butter and we have jam but never together, think thats one to try. 

We will be trying to get to the Hoop De Doo, I hear it's lots of fun. Whats the best sitting to go for? As we are on the dining plan we don't get to choose which tier we get.

How are the signiture restaraunts with children, mine are normally well behaved but the tiredness can get the better of them sometimes and I'm pretty sure that will happen at some points during this trip. 

Biergarten again sounds good we like buffets as you can normally please everyone, which is no mean feat when theres 6 to please!!

Cape May Cafe is a buffet, as is Cyrstal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. Nothing fancy, but we enjoy both. I've wanted to try Biergarten, but my wife didn't enjoy the first time I took her to a German restaraunt.

Cape May Cafe I think my family would enjoy very much as we all love seafood, Crystal Palace is going on the list too not so much for the food (although I'm sure its good) but more for the characters, always a bonus when you don't have to queue up for a photo :bravo:

I like it when one of the characters starts a parade through the place. It's like the Pied Piper, all the kids start filing along behind them, weaving around the room. That's when you can get a better opening for the desserts at the buffett.  :popcorn:

Character Meals:

Akersus for brunch if you have girls. You can knock out all the Princesses in one shot.

The Ohana brunch was a lot of fun, all of our kids enjoyed it.

Also the Royal Table for dinner, which was a neat thing to do but there is no booze.

I have heard good things about the crystal palace as well.

I would not recommend 1900 park fare, I don't feel it's worth the trip.

Sit-down meals:

MK

No recommendations.

EPCOT

Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Le Cellier (!).

Animal Kingdom

Tusker House Buffet

Yak and Yeti

MGM

50's Prime Time

Sci-Fi Drive in

Signature Restaurants:

(we have done all three with 4 kids)

Jiko (A)

California Grill (A++)

Artists Point (A+)

I would recommend Boma over Jiko, just my opinion.

Counter service:

MK

Pirate y Peratico

Pecos Bills

EPCOT

Mexico counter service (can't remember the name)

Bistro de Paris

Fish & Chips stand

Animal Kingdom

Yak & Yeti

Flame Tree BBQ

MGM

Pizza Planet

the burger place over by Tower of Terror (can't remember the name)

Remember, you can use your snack coupons at the bakery and the candy shop on Main St. USA! Bring breakfast back! The Cinnamon buns are amazing!

Forgot the shows!

Hoop de Doo and the Luau are both great.

Wow thanks shoreline99, my hubby and I have started making a rough list of restaraunts today from this tread and looking at menus, Many of the ones you have recommended are on there!! Apart from Cinderellas Royal Table, we ate there last trip and wasn't overly enamoured, it was ok, but I think we thought it was going to be better than it was due to the fact that it's so hard to get a ressie there.  Maybe you know if it has got any better?

Thanks! That's what three week-long trips on the dining plan will do for you. We tried to hit different restaurants each time.

I forgot to mention the counter service at EPCOT in China, they have great noodle bowls. I also forgot to mention Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge, the waitstaff is a lot of fun. if you go, don't forget to ask for ketchup :parrot:

Honestly, It was just OK. Everyone gets the prime rib, but I asked the waiter what he recommended and they had a lamb dish that was superb. they have changed the menu since then , I see, and it seems like pretty standard fare. I'm really not a huge fan of any of the sit-down dining options in MK.

Main street bakery has the pastries all day (cinnamon rolls, turnovers, etc), but the only have the egg type sanwiches in the morning.

Since you like buffet type meals (as we do), I would recommend the Crystal Palace at the MK (lunch or supper), as well as the Liberty Tree Tavern (supper only). The LTT serves the meal, family style at supper as an all you can eat. Roast turkey, carved roast beef, & either pork loin or honey glazed ham, along with mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, mac n'cheese, veggies, etc. with apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for desert.

Ohana's at the Polynesian for supper is overall our favorite meal at WDW. Also served family style.

At Studios, our standard table service selection is Mama Melrose's, as well as Prime Time (but I despise their meatloaf), but Sci Fy is pretty neat.

At Epcot, LeCellier is my favorite, but they are hard to get ressies for and they have gone up to 2 credits each. Biergarten is our second favorite, since it is a buffet, there is usually something everyone will eat. Also, the serve liter size beer, just in case you need to know.

As far as the Animal Kingdom, our favorite is the Tusker House.

Of course there is always our own Trails End at the Fort and thw Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL just a bus/boat stop away.

Wow thanks shoreline99, my hubby and I have started making a rough list of restaraunts today from this tread and looking at menus, Many of the ones you have recommended are on there!! Apart from Cinderellas Royal Table, we ate there last trip and wasn't overly enamoured, it was ok, but I think we thought it was going to be better than it was due to the fact that it's so hard to get a ressie there.  Maybe you know if it has got any better?

Wow list nailed!  We love all of these but I have no desire to go back to the Castle.  We loved 1900 Park Fare at GF.  The show during our meal was great and the interaction with the Cinderella characters was what we were looking for.  Out oldest DD finally got to meet Prince Charming.  If I figure out how to post a picture here I will share.  I love that picture.

Our last trip we decided to tour the resorts for most of our sit down meals.  Our biggest decision this trip will be Mickey's BBQ or HDD?  Oh how to decide?

I'll add another Chef Mickey, very busy and loud that I can remember but a lot of character interaction.

I always say planning is half the fun!

As always, these are just my opinions and YMMV  ;)

Magic Kingdom:

Sit Down -

The Plaza - great for lunch.  We've never been disappointed eating there.  Don't forget to order the Banana Split!!

62253_115827848474536_100001419647492_120624_2724411_n.jpg

Tony's Town Square -  Go here for an appetizer and dessert.  :dance:  None of us were very impressed by the entrees.  :P

Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner was unimpressive ... both food and service.  >:(

Crystal Palace - Service was horrible; the food was adequate; characters seemed 'rushed'; the only good part was getting into the Magic Kingdom an hour early and getting Christmas Photos with no one else around.

Counter Service -

Aloha Isle - You MUST get a Pineapple Float!  :soapbox: :)

Cosmic Ray's - Always a winner for us.

Animal Kingdom:

Sit Down -

Tusker House - A real winner at breakfast.v  Not only is the food good, but ... you can get into the park an hour before it opens, giving you a fast track to Kilamanjaro Safari or Expedition Everest Fast Passes!

Yak & Yeti - we all enjoyed lunch here.  Don't forget to have the Fried Wontons for dessert!  :)

Counter Service -

Flame Tree Barbeque - enough said!

Disney Hollywood Studios:

Sit Down is the ONLY meal we would eat here -

Brown Derby - one of the best meals we had during our over the top Deluxe Dining Plan week.  :heart: :rofl2:

Sci-Fi - Good food; good atmosphere; quiet; and one of the best servers!  :)

EPCOT:

Sit Down -

Biergarten - NOT a pleasant experience!  :argh: The food was NOT the food I remember from my 3 years in Germany!  Add so-so service, and it was a night to forget ...

Chefs de France - Great service; good food (at a reasonable for Disney price if you get the Prix Fixe 3 Course meal for lunch); and desserts to die for!

Le Cellier - The WORST meal - EVER!  I would rather eat Cheese Soup out of a can than the nasty stuff we were served.  Service was some of the worst we've ever had ...

Rose & Crown - unimpressive :(

Counter Service -

If you can't find something you like, then you have issues!

Personal Favorites are - Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cafe.

Resort Dining:

Sit Down -

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma!!  :heart: Breakfast (get the Frunch!) or Dinner (Zebra Domes!!) - both are fantastic!

Beach Club - Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner had a wide range of choices and the food and service was good.

Caribbean Beach - Old Port Royale (yes this is considered Counter Service, but you sit down - so it's a hybrid) - Breakfast was great, and so was the service.

Contemporary - California Grill vomit.gif.  Worst Server at Disney ... and the food wasn't much better!

Contemporary -  Chef Mickey's.  We didn't eat there, but just the noise level was enough to keep us away!

Grand Floridian - 1900 Park Fare - The dinner buffet was great; good character interaction

Grand Floridian - Victoria and Albert's - Maybe we were expecting too much, but it didn't seem worth it.  Service and Food were outstanding, but it just didn't ...

Old Key West - Olivia's Cafe - Excellent breakfast!  :heart:

Polynesian - Kona Cafe - Breakfast sucked!  Dinner is one of our favorites!

Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point - Order the Smokey Portobello Soup; order the Cedar Plank Roasted Wild King Salmon; order the desserts.  Those were the only items we really liked here.

Yacht Club - Captain's Grill Breakfast is on our favorites list!

Yacht Club - Yachtsman Steakhouse - YES!!  :heart:

Counter Service - Most are unimpressive.  The exceptions are ... Pop Century Food Court (surprise, surprise, surprise - just go outside or back to your room to avoid the noise); Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge; and Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge

Downtown Disney:

Sit Down -

Wolfgang Puck Cafe!!  :heart: :heart:

Fulton's Crab House - Good food ... but too much of it!  Service was good, but we had 5 at a 4 top, which made it hard to set everything on the table.  Add in 10 obnoxious drunks at the table next to us (with us in a cubby hole) and it made it the dinner from hell!

Raglan Road - LOUD!  Marginal food - NOT on the list to try again.

Counter Service -

Earl of Sandwich - Try it, you'll like it.

Wolfgang Puck Express - a No-Brainer!  Get the Butternut Squash Soup and the Rosemary Chicken!  The pizzas are pretty damned good, too.  :heart:

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop - swing by and get your free sample!  The sundaes are to die for!  :heart:

I'm sure there are a few shockers in there *cough* Le Cellier and California Grill *cough*, but those are my honest opinions ...