A reminder the general booking for special events, seminars, and demonstrations starts Tuesday, August 14th, 2012, at 7AM EST.

For Annual Passholders, Tables in Wonderland Members, DVC Members, and Golden Oak residents...

Booking has already begun (it started yesterday) for the low-cost seminars and demonstrations. Special events bookings will start on Tuesday. Don't forget that you can receive a discount for those held Monday-Thursday.

To book events by phone call 407-WDW-FEST

You can book select events online at

http://disneyworld.com/foodandwine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for photos...

Best Values at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival: Seminars and Demonstrations

Aug 18th, 2012 by AJ.

We’re gearing up for the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Travelers to this 17th annual event will find an abundance of eats and drinks to enjoy at the marketplace booths around World Showcase. But if you want to take advantage of my favorite value of the festival — read on!

Seminars and Demonstrations at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Several times per day during the festival, guests have the opportunity to take part in culinary demonstrations or beverage seminars.

Featuring specialty wineries, beverage companies, or chefs (sometimes celebrity chefs!), the demos provide a walk-through of a recipe creation (plus your very own serving!), or a discussion and tasting of several beverages. Most seminars and demos are held inside the Festival Welcome Center in Epcot’s Future World.

But the best part? These only cost around $11-14 each!! It’s a huge bargain when you consider you’re getting a 45-minute class, plus you’re being served tastes of what’s being discussed. Even better — if you are a Tables in Wonderland member, Walt Disney World Annual Passholder, and/or DVC member booking a seminar Mon-Thurs during the festival, you’ll be eligible for a $2 discount!

2012 Culinary Demo and Beverage Seminar Options

Here are a few of the seminars and demos to choose from at this year’s festival. You can book all seminars by calling 407-WDW-DINE, or by booking online at disneyworld.com/dine (click the “dining event” button).

2012 Culinary Demonstrations

Culinary demos are held daily at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 p.m. and are usually 45 minutes in length. You’ll get valuable tips from top chefs and wine presenters with the anticipation of getting to taste-test the finished dish.

Click here to see what Culinary Demos are available in 2012!

2012 Wine and Beverage Seminars

Wine and Beverage seminars are hosted Monday through Thursday at 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00 p.m.; Friday through Sunday at 2:00 and 4:00p.m. These 45 minute sessions will emphasize tips and sips, and you get to sample your way through the seminar!

Click here to see what Beverage Seminars are available in 2012!

2012 Mixology Seminars

Each day at 6 p.m. enjoy your Happy Hour at a Mixology seminar. These feature mixology experts showcasing tips, tricks, and trends in the mixed drinks world. You’ll hear about several recipes, and get to taste them all!

Click here to see what Mixology Seminars are available in 2012!

Mixology Seminar at the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

When you’re done mixing it up with some seminars and demos, take in a Book or Bottle Signing, Taste Seminar, or an HGTV Home Entertaining session.

Find out all of the details here!

Want more information on the Epcot Food and Wine Festival? Check out our brand new Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book! You can still get our Grand Launch discount today — $3 off your purchase using code CHEFS!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/18/best-values-at-the-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-seminars-and-demonstrations/

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival News: Free Authentic Taste Seminar List

Aug 24th, 2012 by Kim.

As we continue our countdown to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, I wanted to clue you in to the FREE authentic taste seminar list! Take a break from the marketplace booths and take in a complimentary seminar. These are fun, FREE seminars with your Epcot admission!

Authentic Taste Seminars

Each day at the festival, Authentic Taste Seminars are offered four times per day: 12:15, 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00pm. During the festival, guests love to participate in the low or no-cost seminars.

Included with your Epcot admission, these seminars feature authoritative presenters celebrating pure ingredients with an informative history given in a lively 30-minute session.

This year’s presenters include:

• Driscoll’s® Only The Finest Berries™ Berries
  • POSH Salt™ Salt
  • White Jasmine, LLC Spices
  • Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc. Vanilla
  • Kerrygold® Irish Butter
  • The Ginger People® Ginger
  • Minus 8 Inc. Vinegar
  • Wholesome® Sweeteners Sugar
  • Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company® Coffee
  • Nirmala’s Kitchen™ Spices
  • Slow Living radio™ Mustard
  • Slow Living radio™ Oils
  • Espalin Enterprises Fizzy Fruit™
  • The Spice & Tea Exchange Spices

Find out all of the details about low-cost and free events at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival here!

Craving more information on the Epcot Food and Wine Festival? Check out our brand new Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book!

miniguide_epcot2012_728x90-600x74.jpg

Have you attended an authentic taste seminar or see any that you plan to attend this year?

Thanks to Stitch Kingdom for the heads’ up on the list!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/24/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-news-free-authentic-taste-seminar-list/

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Meet John Lasseter, Celebrity Chef Cat Cora at Epcot International Food & Wine Fest Dinners

posted on September 6th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Pixar fans will love the opportunity to meet John Lasseter – yes, he’s an animation genius, but he also makes delicious California wines (with beautiful labels, too). You can meet John and his wife Nancy for lunch at 12:30 p.m. October 19 at Citricos, where Chef Philip Ponticelli will pair Lasseter wines with seasonal cuisine. Cost is $130.

Cat Cora fans will be happy to hear that two wine dinners have been added to the line-up for this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, with Chef Cat on hand to greet diners at 8 p.m. October 2 and October 4. Cost is $170 for a five-course dinner with wine pairings in the restaurant’s cozy CoraNation Room.

ccc102123SMALL.jpg

And three very famous dads are teaming up for what promises to be one of the coolest Food & Wine Fest dinners this year – Michael Voltaggio has been added to the line-up, joining his brother Bryan and Andrew Zimmern on stage for the family-friendly Magic of Healthy Living Dinner at 6:30 p.m. October 19 at Epcot World Showplace. Brothers Bryan and Michael shot to the front of the celebrity chef pack in 2009 on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” and Andrew is best known for his show “Bizarre Foods” on the Travel Channel, so diners are guaranteed entertainment with their memorable four-course dinner. Cost is $110 and includes tip and non-alcoholic beverages. (Park admission required).

To book any of these dinners, call 407-WDW-FEST. Check epcotfoodfestival.com for more event details.

Take a look at more of what to expect at this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/meet-john-lasseter-celebrity-chef-cat-cora-at-epcot-international-food-wine-fest-dinners/

From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for lots more photos...

Review: Modern Mixology Seminar at the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic

Aug 30th, 2012 by AJ.

Nestled within the incredible Epcot Food and Wine Festival season is another highly anticipated food and wine extravaganza — the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic!

This two-day event gives you the option to enjoy the all-you-care-to-eat Causeway (review coming soon!), where you can stroll and taste samples from all of your favorite Swan and Dolphin restaurants (and meet some celebrity chefs, too). In addition, seminars are held each day covering a wide range of adult beverages. Interested? DFB has special rate codes for you for this year’s Classic! Check out the details at the end of this post!

Last year, I chose to attend the Modern Mixology Seminar and wanted to share the experience with you today!

Modern Mixology Seminar Atmosphere

This event was led by Lindsay Skillman, mixologist extraordinaire and the General Manager of Cabana Bar and Beach Club at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. (FYI — Lindsay will also be leading several mixology seminars at the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, so be sure to sign up if you can!)

The pamphlet for the seminar gives you a peak into the mad science that we were about to undertake…

seminar-pamphlet-2-500x368.jpg

Seminar Pamphlet -- click image for larger version

seminar-pamphlet-500x395.jpg

Seminar Pamphlet -- click image for larger version

We began the experience in line at the registration table. Wristbands were distributed for those who’d purchased tickets for the Causeway eats so that we could just head right outside for the food after the event!

Once inside the conference room, we took our places at the individual workstations. I loved that everyone had their own space to “create” and experiment. We even had our own gadgets to play with!

room-set-up-500x333.jpg

Room Set Up

Before sitting, I took the opportunity to snap a few shots of the front of the room. The seminar leader’s table looked like a bigger version of our set-up — with a few more bells and whistles (and large chemical tanks).

In the corner, there was a snazzy bar, which appeared to be equipped for making extra drinks. (Yay!)

Bar-area-set-up-350x302.jpg

Bar Area Set Up

Back at my table, I found everything I needed to try my hand at some modern mixology techniques.

Place-setting-500x306.jpg

Place Setting

Modern Mixology Seminar “Experiments”

Promptly the seminar began, and the large screen to the right began displaying the Powerpoint presentation.

Lindsay took the lead and explained the different fun things we would be trying today, like making foams and sphereification. She is an excellent seminar leader — informative, entertaining, and poised…and quite a fast talker, so be prepared for a lot of info very quickly!

While I don’t love the concept of “foams” on my food, it’s not as bad when it comes to drinks. And the sphereification sounded fun and intriguing. Could I make my very own “caviar bubbles”? Now that would be cool.

And, sure enough, our first hands-on experiment was creating our very own “caviar!” These are basically flavored shapes used to give added texture to drinks.

Let me tell you, this is harder than it looks!! My “spheres” unfortunately resemble slugs more than anything. And I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the effect we were shooting for. icon_wink.gif Yeah.. not exactly appetizing, right?

My friend, to her credit, made this darling Mickey shape. How clever!!

sphereification-5-500x333.jpg

Mickey Sphereification

Next up, we learned a bit about infusions — including this Strawberry-infused concoction!

strawberry-infused-vodka-350x456.jpg

Strawberry Infused Deliciousness

For our second drink, we got to sample this Strawberry Infused Margarita, which was incredible! The recipe is in the pamphlet above — be sure to give it a try.

First-Drink-350x525.jpg

Strawberry Margarita

Next, it was time to play with the blow-torch! This was to garnish up the third cocktail — a Ketel One cocktail.

We started with fresh orange slices.

We rolled them in turbinado sugar (think Sugar in the Raw.)

We then took a little butane torch – the kind that pastry chefs use to burn creme brulee – and torched the sugar on the orange slices until it was caramelized. This smelled so good. What a great way to garnish a drink! (Just an FYI — they didn’t let us torch our own oranges for liability reasons…probably smart after already finishing off two cocktails.)

bruleeing-oranges-2-500x333.jpg

Bruleed Oranges

We mixed our own individual Ketel One portions into orange juice and added the garnish. Perfect!

final-drink-349x443.jpg

Final Drink

Eats

Everyone knows that when you have killer cocktails, you also need a little something to nosh on.

Lindsay whipped up a batch of the Swan and Dolphin’s famous Nitro Popcorn! This stuff is weird and interesting and delicious, you guys. And it was beyond cool to watch how it’s made.

To make this dessert, fresh popcorn is combined with honey roasted peanuts, caramel shards (ground in a coffee grinder), and sea salt. But here’s the fun part: whipped cream and other ingredients are combined to make a caramel mousse.

This mousse is flash-frozen in liquid nitrogen, then broken into tiny pieces and mixed with the popcorn, peanuts, and caramel shards!

The Whoosh of the Nitro Cloud is awesome

making-nitro-popcorn-4-500x333.jpg

Looks like Frankenstein's Lab

And here is the delicious finished product – sweet, salty, frozen goodness!

nitro-popcorn-350x525.jpg

Nitro Popcorn

Overall

I had a blast at this Modern Mixology seminar! Lindsay is a great presenter, and it was so interesting to learn how to put together these extra special drink garnishes. Tasting the cocktails was the icing on the cake…but you all know how I feel about icing!

So, with the knowledge and the drinks, as well as the entertainment value, these seminars offer pretty good value in my opinion. Spending an hour learning how to enhance your bar skills seems like a great idea to me!

If you are interested in booking a seminar, be sure to register in advance. These events normally sell out.

Booking Details

There are several ways to attend the seminars: book a seminar alone, book a seminar and a Causeway ticket, or book a discounted hotel package to get it all rolled into one. Here are the codes I promised that will save you, my dear DFB readers, time and money for this special weekend!

To book a special getaway, call 888-828-8850 for reservations and ask for one of the following rate codes for these packages!

Package 1 – One night stay, plus causeway tickets for two! Ask for rate code DFBFWCL1.

Package 2 – One night stay, plus causeway tickets and seminar tickets for two! Ask for rate code DFBFWSM1.

Package 3 – Two nights stay, plus causeway tickets for two for both nights. Ask for rate code DFBFWCL2.

Package 4 -Two nights stay, plus causeway tickets for two for both nights AND seminar tickets for two! Ask for rate code DFBFWSM2.

We’ll have more details coming up soon, as well as our Causeway review from last year! Stay tuned…

Are you looking forward to this year’s Food and Wine Classic? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/30/review-swan-and-dolphin-food-wine-classics-modern-mixology-seminar/

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Skinnygirl Entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel Added to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Lineup

posted on September 18th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Today, we’re happy to announce that entrepreneur and sassy television star Bethenny Frankel has been added as a last-minute addition to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival lineup. Hey, a lady always knows how to make an entrance, right?

bfe801923SMALL.jpg

Bethenny, who you may know from Bravo TV’s “Bethenny Ever After” and her recently debuted talk show “Bethenny,” is also the creator of Skinnygirl Cocktails and a former personal chef.

A Discussion with Bethenny Frankel – Skinnygirl, Hosted by Beam, Inc.,” will take place November 3 at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. During this 30-minute “talk show”-style seminar, Bethenny will discuss how she developed her unique, low-calorie adult beverage products, and her years spent creating healthy dishes in the kitchen.

This event is included in park admission.

Read these posts for more about this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/skinnygirl-entrepreneur-bethenny-frankel-added-to-the-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-lineup/

I admit I havnt read through ALL of the posts in this thread. BUT, do they do a soft opening for some of the stands or Friday will be the first FIRST day?

There was a soft opening last year for CMs, but there was no way to prevent anyone at Epcot from participating so if you were there, CM or not, you could join in.

I haven't seen an annoucement yet, but I would think that they would do it again.

From WDW Magic...

Private Chase Lounge available for Disney Visa Card holders at this year's Food and Wine Festival

Sep 20, 2012 | 1:43pm EDT

If you are a Disney Visa Card member you will receive access to the private Chase Lounge at this year's International Food and Wine Festival.

Taking place from September 28 to November 12 2012 at Epcot, guests with a Disney Visa card will be able to enter the private lounge for refreshments. Located on the second floor of the Festival Center, it will operate daily from 9am to 7pm. To enter the lounge you will just need to show your Disney Visa card.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/international-food-and-wine-festival/news/20sep2012-private-chase-lounge-available-for-disney-visa-card-holders-at-this-year%27s-food-and-wine-festival.htm

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic. Follow the link for photos...

Inside the Chase card holder lounge at Epcot

Sep 29, 2012 | 2:10pm EDT

We mentioned last week that Disney Visa Card members would receive access to a private Chase Lounge at this year's Food and Wine Festival. Today we have a look inside, and a rundown of what you can find inside.

The lounge itself is located inside the Festival Center, which is actually the former Wonders of Life Pavilion. The lounge is in the very far back of the building, which you enter by walking through the Ghiradelli Chocolate exhibit (they are handing out free chocolate samples, which is a nice way to start your visit to the lounge.) At the rear of the Ghiradelli exhibit is a doorway with the Chase Lounge signage beside it, and a host who checks your party for a Chase card. Only one card per group is required, so if you are travelling with family and friends, you will all be able to enter.

Inside the lounge are couches, TVs, iPads, restrooms, and a selection of beverages. A soda fountain is on free-vend, with the usual array of Coca Cola products. There is also a coffee machine, and water. A selection of Werthers candy can also be found.

The lounge is a very nice perk for eligible card members (which includes the Disney Visa card), of course capacity could be a problem on busy days, but if you have the card, you should definitely check it out.

http://www.wdwmagic....ge-at-epcot.htm

From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for more photos...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival: Festival Center and Chase VIP Lounge Photo Tour

Sep 30th, 2012 by AJ.

Greetings from the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! For those of you coming to Walt Disney World over the next month and a half for the festival, here’s a quick tour of the Food and Wine Festival Center!

Festival-Center-Outside-600x381.jpg

Festival Center - Outside View

Located in Future World (within the old Wonders of Life Pavilion – go left at MouseGear), this is where you’ll head for many of the culinary demonstrations and seminars.

You’ll also find HGTV events here, as well as some terrific Festival merchandise.

Let’s take a little tour, shall we?

Festival Center Attractions

When you come down the ramps to enter the building, you’ll find helpful Cast Members at the Information Booth ready to answer all of your questions and steer you in the right direction.

This is also where you’ll find your Food and Wine Festival Passports – great for gathering stamps to commemorate your mission to eat and drink your way around the World!

FW-Festival-Center-Information-539x625.jpg

Information

The info booth is also where you’ll go to get wristbands for celebrity chef meet-and-greets and book signings. 2 signings per wristband this year!

The check-in area is where you’ll go when you’re ready to check in for any seminars or demonstrations that you’ve signed up to attend. TIP: Head to the check-in area if you don’t have a reservation for an event, but you’d like to attend. They just might have some openings!

Demo-and-Seminar-Check-In-Festival-Center-600x492.jpg

Demo and Seminar Check In

This interactive kiosk is a fun new addition to the Festival Center, and makes getting information about the Marketplaces and other attractions a snap!

FW-Festival-Center-Interactive-Kiosk-600x392.jpg

Interactive Kiosk

With this handy map of the Festival Center, you’ll know exactly where to go.

FW-Festival-Map-490x625.jpg

Festival Center Map

If you aren’t paying attention, you might miss the Art of Food and Wine Shop with its position nestled behind the ramps leading into the space.

FW-Festival-Center-Art-of-Food-and-Wine-600x489.jpg

Art of Food and Wine Shop

Feeling a little hungry or thirsty after talking about all that food and wine? Grab a snack or something to drink at Intermissions Cafe.

Serving light sandwiches and other bites, in addition to wines, beer, dessert wines and ports, and soft drinks. There’s also a Vegan Trio Option offered here!

FW-Festival-Center-Intermissions-Cafe-Menu-600x354.jpg

Intermissions Cafe Menu - Click to Enlarge

The Spotlight stage is where you’ll go for Authentic Taste Seminars throughout the day! You’ll find it located right across from The Stockpot Shop.

Already, The Stockpot Shop is a bustling place! This is where to find all of those great merch items!

merchandise-festival-center-431x625.jpg

Festival Merchandise

Just past the shop, you’ll find the Chef’s Showcase.

With its large seating area and stage set up for culinary demonstrations, this is a terrific place to learn about tastes and new dishes with some of your favorite celebrity chefs!

In the center of the space is the Festival Center Theater. Here, you’ll find Seasons of the Vine, a seven-minute film that offers a “behind-the-scenes introduction” to wine growing. They’re also showing some HGTV in there this year!

You can also attend meet and greets with HGTV stars here.

HGTV-Meet-and-Greet-Sign-Festival-Center-468x625.jpg

Today's Featured HGTV Personality, Danielle Colding

New in 2012, Ghirardelli presents From Bean to Bar, an immersive chocolate experience, where you can learn, shop, and sample CHOCOLATE! Sign me up!

from-bean-to-bar-exhibit-festival-center-439x625.jpg

From Bean To Bar Chocolate Exhibit

Taking in a Wine Tasting or Mixology Seminar?

The Vineyard Stage will be the venue for these fun and informative talks.

The-Vineyard-Stage-Wine-Tasting-Festival-Center-600x447.jpg

The Vineyard Stage - Wine Tasting in Progress

And whether you’re looking for a special bottle to celebrate the fun you’ve had at the Festival, a special gift, or you’d just like to take something home that you’ve tasted, you’ll likely find it in the Festival Wine Shop.

Festival-Wine-Shop-Festival-Center-496x625.jpg

Festival Wine Shop

Chase Lounge

Also new for 2012, Chase Cardholders (including Disney Chase Cardholders) and their guests can relax in their very own VIP Lounge each day from 9 am to 7 pm. It’s a time to cool off, enjoy a beverage, and rest up for more food and wine!

For access, just present your Chase debit or credit card.

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-Festival-Center-600x453.jpg

Heading Into the Chase Lounge

While there are restrooms in Festival Center, these are also an extra set within the Chase Lounge area.

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-Restrooms-Festival-Center-600x546.jpg

Chase Lounge Restrooms

Inside, you’ll find a cool area with soft light, decorated with the emblems of this year’s Festival theme, Taste Your Way Around the World.

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-2-Festival-Center-600x357.jpg

Inside the Lounge

There’s also another interactive kiosk within the Lounge. Lots of fun to play with!

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-Interactive-Kiosk-Festival-Center-600x408.jpg

Interactive Kiosk Up Close

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-Seating-Festival-Center-442x625.jpg

Seating Area and Television

Enjoy a complimentary cold or hot beverage while you chill with friends!

Chase-Cardmember-Lounge-Fountain-Drinks-Festival-Center-600x429.jpg

Fountain Drinks for Cardmembers!

And while you’re there, why not do a quick survey? icon_wink.gif

Chase-Cardmember-Survey-Festival-Center-498x625.jpg

Chase Cardmember Survey

Chase-Cardmember-lounge-3-Festival-Center-450x625.jpg

Young Guest in the Chase Lounge

More About the Festival?

We’ll be updating you with all of the special demonstrations and experiences that we have booked throughout this year’s Festival, but in the meantime, stop by our Food and Wine Festival Page to check out all the info about Marketplace Booths, and Special Events.

Also, if you’re headed to the Festival, check out our DFB Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book for a full schedule of events, touring strategies, tips and tricks, and a full section on the World Showcase booths this year!

What will you be doing when you stop by Festival Center?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/30/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-festival-center-and-chase-vip-lounge-photo-tour/#more-67731

From the Disney Food Blog. Hopefully they'll have some of this left the last weekend when we're there. And one of these year I'm going to get there early enough to get one of the recycled banner bags before they sell out!

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Merchandise

Sep 28th, 2012 by Brooke.

The Festival Center, headquarters for the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, is officially open!

Here are some of the fun souvenirs that you can take home to remember the 2012 Festival long after you’ve sipped and sampled your way around the World!

FW-2012-Fest-Center-Merchandise-1-455x625.jpg

Food and Wine Festival Center Merchandise Display

Epcot-2012-FW-t-shirt-1.jpg

Taste Your Way Around the World T Shirt

What are you planning on taking home?

Festival T-Shirts and Wearables

As always, the Festival is offering LOTS of different t-shirts in different styles for men and women. One of the coolest 2012 adds is the “Brews Around the World” line, which features this awesome t-shirt, sweatshirt, glasses, and a bottle opener. (We’ll show you the glasses in just a bit!)

FW-Beer-t-shirt.jpg

Brews Around the World T Shirt

I love the color of this women’s shirt!

FW-2012-FW-t-shirt-3.jpg

Women's T Shirt

And it’s about time we have a “Mission Around the World” shirt, right? And now we have pics of front AND back!

FW-Front-of-Mission-T-Shirt-462x625.jpg

Front of Mission Around the World T-Shirt

Epcot-2012-FW-t-shirt-2.jpg

Back of Mission Around the World T Shirt

FW-2012-ball-cap.jpg

Food and Wine Fest Ballcap

Cups and Plates

Light up glasses mean you never have to say goodbye to that Glowtini!

FW-2012-light-up-glasses.jpg

Fun Light Up Glasses!

You can also get an Epcot 30th Anniversary light-up glass at some of the World Showcase Booths around the park!

The souvenir stein at the booths is sporting a new logo this year.

Food-and-wine-festival-souvenir-stein-2012-417x625.jpg

Souvenir Stein at the Booths

This handy and super cute acrylic tasting plate means that you never have to worry about finding a table!

FW-2012-tasting-plate.jpg

Food and Wine Fest Tasting Plate

There are also nice small plates and glassware to take home. Throw your own Food and Wine Festival! Why not?

FW-2012-Fest-Center-Merchandise-12.jpg

Food and Wine Fest Bamboo Tasting Plate

Stemless wine glasses are a great way to remember the fun — and a chic statement for serving wine or even cocktails.

FW-2012-stemless-glasses.jpg

Stemless Wine Glasses

And here are the Brews Around the World glasses we mentioned before! I have a feeling that a few of these will be going home with me. icon_wink.gif

FW-2012-Beer-glasses.jpg

Brews Around the World Glasses

These small plates and dip server are pretty cute and would be handy for a tapas party, I’m thinking.

FW-2012-Fest-Center-Merchandise-2.jpg

Small Plates and Dip Server

Miscellaneous Merch

If you aren’t a big t-shirt or glassware fan, this tote is a great way to remember the Festival – and will come in handy for toting all that bread, wine, and cheese around!

FW-2012-Fest-Center-Merchandise-3.jpg

Food and Wine Fest Tote

Always a very quick sellout are the bags that Epcot has made from the previous year’s banners! These are such a cool souvenir, and a great way to recycle the artwork from the year before. So far, we’ve spied two styles. This messenger bag features a giant lobster front and center!

FW-Banner-Bag-1-600x465.jpg

Food and Wine Fest Messenger Banner Bag

There’s also a cute makeup bag available again this year as well.

FW-Banner-Bag-2-600x506.jpg

Food and Wine Festival Small Banner Bag

This year’s signature print is available as a clock, on coasters, or framed.

FW-2012-Fest-Center-Merchandise-18.jpg

Clock and Coasters

FW-2012-poster.jpg

2012 Food and Wine Sepia Tone Poster

Vinylmation collectors, take note! Here is the limited edition (2,500!) Festival vinylmation, featuring Lady and the Tramp’s Tony!

FW-2012-vinylmation.jpg

2012 Food and Wine Festival Vinylmation

And of course, everyone’s favorite bear, Chef Duffy, is dressed for the occasion! This little guy proved very popular in 2011 – only the cookbook outsold him!

FW-2012-Duffy.jpg

2012 Food and Wine Festival Chef Duffy!

And if you want a convenient and hip way to pay for your purchases (cash is such a pain at those kiosks), consider loading this handy little gift card with your Festival budget.

Introduced in 2010, these little cards – complete with wristbands – are seriously convenient.

FW-2012-gift-card.jpg

2012 Food and Wine Gift Card

I’ll be updating our merch list this week as we check out more items in the Festival Center and around the park!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/28/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-merchandise/

More from the Disney Food blog...

Best of the Fest: NEW Items at the 2012 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Booths

Sep 28th, 2012 by AJ.

The time has finally arrived! Today is Opening Day for the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival in Walt Disney World!

Dessert-Trio-2-350x456.jpg

Dessert Trio at Desserts and Champagne Booth

But, as many of you know, yesterday was a “soft opening” for the tasting booths in Epcot’s World Showcase…which means I GOT TO EAT STUFF!

Yep — I sampled just about every single item on the menus yesterday (yes, I’m very, very full), and I’d love to share some of my favorite NEW eats for 2012!

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival NEW Favorites

Remember, if you want to see ALL of the photos I took yesterday and ALL of the food items available at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival this year, you’ll want to head over to our individual booth pages here.

Just click on the country you’d like to see and we’ll share both the menu and all of the food photos!

OK, let’s get started!

Spinach and Paneer Pocket at South Africa Booth

This is a brand new item at the festival this year, and I’ve definitely been looking forward to trying it.

Spinach-and-Paneer-Pocket-600x399.jpg

Spinach and Paneer Pocket at South Africa Booth

A savory (and actually quite large!) pocket filled with ample amounts of spinach and paneer cheese, this vegetarian snack definitely makes the list. Get it in South Africa.

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

Well, I was definitely excited when I found out the Canada Booth was going to bring the fabulous Le Cellier filet with truffle butter sauce to the festival. But I was ecstatic when it turned out to be delicious!

Canada-Filet-with-Truffle-Butter-Sauce-600x426.jpg

Mushroom Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

I mean, come on — what if they overcooked it? What if there wasn’t enough truffle butter sauce? There was so much that could go wrong.

But it didn’t. The meat was tender and flavorful (and not overcooked — hooray!). And there was…dare I say it?…ENOUGH truffle butter sauce for me. ME! (That’s saying something, since I’m the person who orders an extra side of truffle butter sauce when I’m at the restaurant.)

Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote at Desserts and Champagne Booth

You guys know how I feel about lemon curd…and how I feel about lemon curd paired with blueberries…so you can imagine how I feel about the Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote at this year’s Desserts and Champagne Booth!

Dessert-Trio-600x462.jpg

Desserts and Champagne Booth Dessert Trio

Don’t let the lemon “custard” fool you. This tastes like straight up lemon curd. It’s sour — probably too sour for some — but that blueberry compote definitely sweetens things up.

Lemon-and-Blueberry-544x625.jpg

Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote...minus one bite

I will be headed back. I will buy more. Oh yes.

Salsiccia e “Papacelli” Napoletani at Italy Booth

Another brand new item at the festival this year is this sweet sausage with red pepper and Ciabatta bread found at the Italy booth.

Sausage-600x400.jpg

Salsiccia e “Papacelli” Napoletani

Both sweet and spicy, the savory dish is definitely one I’d return to buy again!

Tequila Flight at Mexico Booth

Over at the Mexico Booth, the Tequila Flight is a bit steep at $12.50, but I thought the presentation was really fun.

Tequila-Flight-600x495.jpg

Tequila Flight in Mexico

Sukiyaki Beef Pan at Japan Pavilion

OK, this is clarified on the menu as: Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun. And. It’s. Awesome!!! (I added that last part.)

Beef-from-Japan-600x510.jpg

Sukiyaki Beef Pan from Japan

Japan was my 23rd booth of the day, so by the time I got there I was so full and so tired that I was really dragging my feet. And while this little item doesn’t look like much, it really caught my waning attention! It was absolutely delicious!

Think “really good cheesesteak with no cheese and some teriyaki sauce instead” and you’ll get the idea. (You totally know what it’s like, now, right? icon_wink.gif I know. I have a gift of communication.) Anyway, try it. Get the sushi, too, but don’t pass by this one.

While there are plenty more brand new items at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, these were just a few stand-outs from my first

day at the festival.

I’ll be back soon with more fun details and reviews, but in the meantime, follow me at the festival!

Wanna See ALL the Food at the Festival Booths?

Don’t forget to check out all of our brand new FOOD PHOTOS from the booths on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival World Showcase Booth Pages!

We’ve updated the pages with all new pics, and there are more to come tomorrow!

Let us know your favorite items from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/28/best-of-the-fest-new-items-at-the-2012-epcot-food-wine-festival-booths/

From the Disney Food Blog...

Details! Food & Wine Weekends at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek

Oct 2nd, 2012 by AJ.

We mentioned in August the exciting news that Food & Wine Weekends at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek would be returning in 2012 for the second year in a row!

FoodWineWeekendsLogoStacked-350x140.jpg

Today? We’ve got a little more info for ya!

Billed as “the perfect complement to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival“, Orlando Food & Wine Weekends will be held over all six weekends during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek aim to “fill the gaps” around the Festival by offering visitors to Walt Disney World a delicious “home base” as they take in all the fun at Epcot!

And with its location within the Disney World gates, luxury and convenience go hand in hand. Event highlights include:

A Taste of Waldorf Astoria®

Exclusive tasting menus and wine pairings from the master chefs of many of the most renowned hotels in the Waldorf Astoria brand. Guests will enjoy a degustation menu comprised of some of the most celebrated dishes from Waldorf Astoria hotels around the world, paired with exquisite wines.

Where: Bull & Bear, Waldorf Astoria Orlando

When: Friday and Saturday evenings, 6pm-11pm

September 28 & 29 – featuring chef Massimo Falsini of Waldorf Astoria Orlando, whose menu will feature debut dishes and perennial favorites

October 5 & 6 – featuring menu from Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts

October 12 & 13 – featuring menu from Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

October 19 & 20 – featuring menu from Waldorf Astoria Berlin

October 26 & 27 – showcasing Chef Stefan Kauth, executive chef of The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, who will be visiting the kitchens of Bull & Bear to personally prepare an exclusive tasting menu.

November 2 & 3 – featuring menu from London Syon Park, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel

The full menus for each of these dinners are available at www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/food-wine.

Il Cibo Della Vita

From the kitchen of La Luce by Donna Scala at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, each weekend from October 5 through November 3, a new tasting menu and wine pairing will be unveiled. These will feature Chef Scala’s newest recipes – many being presented for the first time.

As a special treat for our guests, Chef Scala will be on-site October 12 – 13, personally attending to the preparation of her special menu. This series of culinary experiences is certain to be the talk of the town!

Where: La Luce by Donna Scala, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

When: Friday & Saturday evenings, 5pm – 11pm

foodwaldorfbarduchocolat-300x449.jpg

Waldorf Orlando Pastries and Chocolates at Bar du Chocolat

Bar du Chocolat and Champagne Tasting

The beautiful Peacock Alley will be transformed into a chocolate lover’s dream, offering a cocoa-infused evening of self-indulgence paired with a selection of fine Champagnes from Perrier-Jouët.

Guests can choose from a signature selection of chocolate treats from the Waldorf Astoria Orlando’s world-class pastry team using recipes from the most romantic points of the globe. And as if this were not decadent enough…all of the hand-made chocolates are made with products from the world renowned chocolatier, Amedei of Tuscany.

There will also be live entertainment nightly at Peacock Alley.

When: Friday and Saturday evenings, 6pm – 10pm

Where: Peacock Alley, Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Noche Latina

For those guests looking for a Latin flare, Aquamarine Outdoor Poolside Bar and Grille will offer an interactive caipirinha and mojito bar, cigar roller, flamenco dancers, tapas, and new world Spanish wines. This promises to be the perfect ending to a day filled with incredible culinary experiences!

Where: Poolside at Aquamarine, Waldorf Astoria Orlando

When: Saturday evenings, 7:30pm – 9:30pm

For the Kids

And for guests with little ones, the WA Kids Club will offer Astoria After Dark, a terrific evening of children’s programming that includes dinner and lots of age-appropriate fun activities. After all, why should the grown ups have all the fun? Children will be well tended to while parents enjoy a little “adult time” at the Orlando Food & Wine Weekend activities.

When: Nightly, 6pm-10pm

Rate Codes and How To Book

If this sounds too good to pass up (and as a huge fan of both the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, I totally think it does!), then you’ll want to call them soon to book your weekend getaway! Both hotels are offering special package rates. Here are the details:

The popular Best of Waldorf Astoria package includes deluxe accommodations, a $50 daily dining/resort credit, and complimentary scheduled transportation to Epcot® (and other Disney theme parks). Rates begin at $244 per night. For more information or reservations, please visit www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/food-wine, or call 1 888-353-2009, and reference promotion code PBBWW1.

At Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, the Bonnet Creek Fall Retreat package includes deluxe accommodations, a $50 daily dining/resort credit, daily parking and internet, and complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney theme parks. Rates begin from $179 per night. For more information or reservations, please visit www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/food-wine, or call 1 888-353-2009, and reference promotion code BCFT.

I hope you’ll be able to sample some of the amazing food and accommodations these hotels have to offer! A fun food and Disney weekend is a great way to get away from it all and truly pamper yourself!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/10/02/details-food-wine-weekends-at-the-waldorf-astoria-orlando-and-hilton-bonnet-creek/

From WDW Magic. Follow the link for photos...

Self service kiosk in use at Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Oct 04, 2012 | 9:58am EDT

Share on facebookShare on twitter Share on emailShare on print More Sharing Services

The 'Cheese' kiosk at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival has introduced a self service order kiosk similar to those found at some of Disney's counter service restaurants.

For guests paying by credit card or Disney Dining Plan, the kiosk can be used to select items from the menu, a quantity, and payment method - which then bypasses the register. Once ordered, the guest can proceed to the pickup window. We have some photos of the kiosk and screens below. So far, this appears to be limited to just this one kiosk.

The regular cast member operated register remains as an option for those who prefer that system, or wish to pay in cash or gift card.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/international-food-and-wine-festival/news/04oct2012-photos---self-service-kiosk-in-use-at-epcot-food-and-wine-festival.htm

The Disney Food blog has posted information on Gluten Free offerings at the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/10/05/new-gluten-free-menu-for-the-2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Excerpted from the article...

Gluten-Free-Map-600x454.jpg

Gluten Free Map for the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Here are your Disney-approved options for gluten-free eats at this year’s Festival:

Argentina

Grilled Beef Skewer – Order without the Chimichurri Sauce!

Australia

Shrimp on the Barbie

Grilled Lamb Chop

Caribbean Islands

Jerk Spiced Chicken Drumstick

Jerk-Spiced-Chicken-Drumstick-with-Mango-Chutney-600x450.jpg

Jerk Spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Chutney

Canada

Beef Filet Mignon

Cheese

Cheese offerings are gluten-free – skip the bread!

Florida Local

White Corn Arepa

Florida Shrimp Ceviche

Florida-Shrimp-Ceviche-with-Fire-Roasted-Vegetables-Fried-Plantains-and-Cilantro-468x625.jpg

Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro

Germany

Roast Bratwurst – without the pretzel roll!

Greece

Chicken Souvlaki – no pita!

Greek Salad – no pita!

Griddled Greek Cheese

Greek Yogurt Cups

Hops & Barley

Lobster Claw Cuddler – Order without the Herb Mayonnaise

Ireland

Cheese Selection – no bread!

Chocolate Lava Cake

Ireland-Lava-Cake-600x446.jpg

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache

New Zealand

Seared Sea Scallop

Singapore

Beef Rendang

South Africa

Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes – Order with no Braii Sauce!

Scandinavia

Taste of Scandinavia – no cracker!

Rice Pudding