Hi,

I wanted to again thank everyone for the help I received here in the beginning of the year. We were originally not sure about camping at the Fort. We have a very noise sensitive dog. Based on advice received on the forum we went ahead and did book a spot. We asked for the 500 loop- an outer site, hopefully a quieter location.

I am hopng for more suggestions- I know they don't really take requests, but I thought on the letter that I will fax 5 days before our arrival, that I would mention some of the numbered sites in the 500 loop. Are some sites quieter or more set back than others? Any suggestions? Of course a shaded spot would also be helpful! Our main goal is to provide a peaceful environment for our dog. The less action around our RV the better for his vacation. This will also help our stress level.

We arrive at the Fort on April 22. We will be there for a week, spending all our time at the Fort. We have already put in the order for our sign, which we will get at the Fort. We are very excited and looking forward to our trip!

Thanks again for all the help! This forum is fantastic! It is amazing all the info is holds and how willing you all are to help others!

Echo11

Not sure why you selected the 500 loop, but if you think that more distance from the fireworks will make a difference, the 500 loop is actually somewhat closer than a lot of the other loops.

Being somewhat familiar with the Fort and WDW, I think you'll be fine no matter where you end up.

And because that's one of the slowest times of the year, you shouldn't have any problem getting your requested loop.

As for shade and except for some sites in the 600 loop, most sites do have shade.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for your response! We are hoping to be able to meet you when we are at the Fort.

Most of the fiends that had responded seemed to like the 500 loop. We have never camped at the Fort before and are not that familiar with the loops. As mentioned, I have a very noise sensitive dog. I am planning to run the A/C and a fan to try to provide background noise during the fireworks. As far as the rest of the time, if possible, we would just like a location that would be quieter with less activity and less foot traffic. We know you are very familiar with the Fort and we would take your suggestions of loop and sites seriously.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Echo11

The 500 loop is popular, but so are some others. I'm not sure there is a bad loop. It depends on whatever someone prefers.

Don't know if you have a GC or are planning to rent one, but if you can get a GC or have a vehicle to drive around in, I would park the RV, drive through the loops you think you might like and pick out a few sites. Then go to the Front Desk and ask them for one of those. Have a few selected just in case.

There is a map on here that shows what loops are what classification. It also shows which loops are closest to MK/fireworks/marina, which are the lower numbered loops.

I like the 900 loop, but everyone is different in what they like.

I'll see you at whatever site is just the right one for you.

If you want to hold down road noise look at 528, 530 along in there. That area has the canal behind and seperates you from the "backyard neighbors". The canal is not an attraction unless you like green slime! BAD NEWS.... it has been our experience that people are always walking and visiting, so foot traffic may be a problem. You put the Purple Fiendmingo in front of the camper and I'll almost guarantee visitors. :mh1:

We will not have a GC. We will have bikes with us. Although being able to check out sites before picking one does sound like the way to go, we doubt the Fort would allow us to drive our RV around the property to decide on a site.

Until we hook up and settle in, we won't know if we will be able to leave the dog for very long periods. So, we would like to be in walking distance of Trails End, marina, etc. We would like to be able to walk over, pick up dinner and bring it back to the RV. It seems the fireworks noise would be about the same in any of the premium loops. I know distances on maps are deceiving, but the 900 loop looks to be a lot further away. I'm sure the type of site we would like is what everyone wants- set off on it's own with lots of privacy.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

we just got home today we were in 501 we could hear the fireworks and light show music inside the coach,not overly loud but could hear it over the tv. 526/28/30 lots would be better in this loop but I would move to a different loop if noise is such a concern

Thanks for the 500 loop site suggestions.

Tom,

Which premium loop would you recommend for being quieter than 500?

Lou suggested the 900 loop- but it seems much further away. We would like to be able to walk to Trails End, Marina, etc.

Or is this not possible? We will run the A/C, fan, TV and put a thundershirt on our dog to hep with his anxiety.

Thanks again for all the help!!!!

Echo11

Lou suggested the 900 loop- but it seems much further away. We would like to be able to walk to Trails End, Marina, etc.

Just a little clarification.

My preference for the 900 loop was solely based on the fact that we liked the sites.

Our Buddy means the world to us, but the fireworks noise level never came into play in our site selection.

Closeness to the settlement was not factor as we had bikes or could take the bus.

put a thundershirt on our dog to hep with his anxiety.

Do they work?

Our Buddy is extremely sound sensitive too. He can sense thunderstorms long before they're anywhere near us. With the number of thunder storms we have here during the summer, it makes for a lot of uncomfortable times for him.

Just wondering if the shirt is worth a try?

Thundershirts work really well for some dogs. The trick is that you have to put it on them before they start getting all worked up. I'd recommend getting a dog used to wearing it ahead of time too.

I have friends who watch the radar/weather a LOT during the summer to try and stay ahead of things.

Or is this not possible? We will run the A/C, fan, TV and put a thundershirt on our dog to hep with his anxiety.

I think 500 is probably the most convenient Premium loop for walking to the Settlement area. Anything else is going to be further away.

That said, even moving the furthest Premium loop away you possibly can isn't going to lessen the noise from the fireworks all that much more.

So weighing things out, if you think your dog will be ok with the white noise/shirt, and 500 puts you where you want to be, I'd go with that.

We've also had good luck using an herbal anxiety supplement for our dogs in the past. In our case we used Ark Natural's Happy Traveler. You can use it "as needed" but the key for our dogs was building it up in their systems so they got it daily for a while. If you wanted to see if it helps, you could try giving it daily starting a week or 2 ahead of your trip, and then during your stay.

the 900 or 1000 loops were much quieter,they dont have dog bags,but we have been in both with dogs,the walk is not to much of an issue for us.

Thundershirts- it really depends on the dog. Also, it has to be on tight enough. It does seem to help our dog some. We have tried some herbal holistic remedies. We do find rescue remedy helps. Also we have started giving him Anxitane- it is an amino acid, l- theanine that is supposed to help with anxiety. It has seemed to make a difference.

As suggested we will try for 526/28 or /30.

Thanks again for the help!

Echo11

Lou, if you wait until next week I can take one of the pixi dog at her best - snarling at me and my poor lil innocent pooch as usual... :top-points-smiley: