From the Disney Food Blog...

Snack Series: Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake at Main Street Bakery

Mar 22nd, 2012 by AJ.

I’ll admit right here at the beginning that I don’t usually LURVE the cupcakes sold at the Main Street Bakery in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. They often include dry cake and gritty, too-sugary frosting, so they’re not really even worth eating a lot of the time.

BUT!

I had a cupcake at the Main Street Bakery this week that knocked my proverbial socks off! And I’m SO excited to share it with you!

Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cupcake-388x525.jpg

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake

This peanut butter cup cupcake was off. the. charts. Many of you may remember when I reviewed a peanut butter chocolate cupcake at the Boardwalk Bakery last year, and deemed it my new favorite Disney cupcake. Well, this one just took second place!

Cupcake-undressed-376x525.jpg

Cupcake Undressed

I’ll start from the top down with this one, since I can’t wait to talk about the frosting. The dense, peanut buttery buttercream was thick and flavorful without being too sweet. The texture was perfect — that kind of frosting that you can barely drag a fork through because it’s so solid!

Drizzled on top of the frosting was melted peanut butter sauce and a thick fudge sauce, and there were small peanut butter chips studding the frosting as well. Of course, there was a mini peanut butter cup planted on top as well.

Frosting-Texture-Close-Up-500x333.jpg

Frosting Texture Close-Up

Once you got into the dark chocolate cupcake itself, the peanut butter taste continued to be an accessory! There were small peanut butter chips throughout the cake!

Cupcake-cross-section-500x438.jpg

Cupcake Cross-Section

peanut-butter-chips-in-the-cake-500x333.jpg

Peanut Butter Chips in the Cake

Overall, the cake was NOT too dry, and was a great, rich complement for that peanut buttery sweet frosting. This was one of the times when I certainly didn’t NEED to eat the whole thing, but I sure did come close! It was amazing!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/22/snack-series-peanut-butter-cup-cupcake-at-main-street-bakery/