I use Good Sam Club.  When I first bought the T@B I did some research, I was going to upgrade AAA to AAA RV Plus, but they wouldn't let me do that till my renewal (the following April and I was looking in July, so almost a year) and the annual fee was going to be about $185 a year for four cars and the camper.

I also found out that in some states there is no AAA RV services period even if you bought it in a state that does have it.

Good Sam charges me $109 per year for all cars and the camper. I still kept the single membership with AAA for the Disney discounts.  It is still less than AAA RV and I have nationwide coverage.

It has come in handy.  I blew a radiator hose on my previous truck while towing on a Sunday afternoon.  Good Sam came and towed the truck to a repair shop and brought me and my camper to a campground on a flatbed tow truck.  They gave me a great rate on the campsite and the next morning the repair place fixed my hose, flushed and filled the radiator, and came and picked me up at the campground and I paid for the repairs, went back to the campground and hitched up and continued home.

I have had Coachnet for a couple of years now. Used their Technical help line a couple of times with good results.  I like that they are RV savvy and know to send the right type of help.

They give a discount for FMCA members and other groups.

They are also used by several of the MH manufacturers as part of their 1st year warranty and seem to have the most accolades from users.

• 4 months later...

I've had AAA Premium RV for many years, and just signed up for CoachNet. Reason was that after researching users opinions, CoachNet was the preferred provider for those with RV's as they specialize in RV's. I've heard many stories about calling AAA for roadside service and them sending out too small a tow vehicle for the job at hand. Also, they don't have service in all states as indicated in a previous post. I got my first year with CN at a discount through FMCA so we'll see how it goes. When my time comes up to renew AAA, I'll just go with the base package mainly for the discounts.

• 3 months later...

We tried to get AAA but in Jersey they won't cover RVs so we went with Good Sam. We've called them a couple of times and have been happy with their service. I just downloaded their mobile app too, so that might make things even easier when giving them your location.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this up to see what everyone's latest advice on Roadside Co.'s is. Our AAA renewal is up next month. Was going to add the RV coverage but have read their service for RV's isn't as good as others.

We do most of our towing/camping in FL and GA, but do travel up the East Coast during the summer months some years.

I like AAA for all of the discounts and will likely keep them for that reason, and I guess the coverage on my car? Or does it make more sense to bundle? My car isn't the tow vehicle, but it's old and I need something. My husband's truck is brand new and we will need to add it.

We are CoachNet users. Needed them twice while traveling through Michigan.

Both times CoachNet was very professional and sent the correct type of tow truck for our motorhome. CoachNet's first concern was to make sure that we were somewhere safe off the highway. They kept us completely informed of the tow truck situation, like when he would arrive and who was coming (so we would know who to look for). I would say they contacted us about every 30 minutes to assess the situation. The next day CoachNet contact us to make sure that we were satisfied with the work performed and asked if there was anything else CoachNet could do to make their service better.

Hope we don't need them again, but we are sticking with CoachNet.

Upgraded to AAA plusRV with the first TT. Never so glad to have towing in my life. We'd planned to go from MD to WI for our annual visit with friends. We were stupid. TT was too big and at one point swayed across three lanes of i83. It was horrible. For me at least, DH was fine. Less than 30 mins from home we pulled into the PA welcome center and asked for directions to the nearest CG, then compromised on the Quarryville Jellystone.

Once there we extended our overnight break for a week. I knew there was no way I was bringing it home. For all I cared we could have sold it then & there. Called AAA and explained the issue. They had to call AAA mid-atlantic for authorization b/c AAA PA doesn't offer rv coverage. Within an hour sent a large truck to tow it 70 miles back to our driveway. Driver said it would have been a $600 tow.

We might add coachnet or good sam one day too if we travel west but we'll always keep our AAA rv. Most of our travels are on the east coast where AAA operates. I like the option of having vehicles/TT towed to where I want them - even if that's my driveway or an out of state friend's house - vs the closest repair shop or TT like some other policies. Having a DH who spent his life running auto shops, we've always been afraid of what the bill could be at that nearest authorized repair shop - especially for something simple he might be able to fix himself once off the road.

We use Good Sam, had to use it 2 years ago when we had a blow out on 95 in Savanah. Called them, they had someone th with a half hour and then called us after the repair was complete to make sure everything went ok. The big selling points for me with Good Sam vs. AAA was 1. not all AAA regions offer RV and there is no guarantee the will help you outside of your region. 2. If your tow vehicle breaks down the will tow your trailer to the nearest CG and get you set up along with taking your vehicle to an appropriate repair facility.

• 1 month later...

AAA mid-atlantic Plus w/ RV is $158 yr. If we traveled more I'd switch it to save $$. On the plus side our truck ins has a towing reimbursement rider that only costs like $10 every 6 months. We have that too. Not sure how they'd handle the TT. Hope we never have to find out...

i can't believe your AAA + RV is that much more than ours.

neither can I. Seems like everything costs more where I live. We love WI... would have moved there years ago instead of just visiting in the summers, if they could just work out that pesky below-freezing thing you got going on out there so much...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...