• 3 weeks later...

First thing we saw at Wilderness Lodge was a rabbit.

disney2010023.jpg

Then some ducks.

disney2010024.jpg

disney2010025.jpg

And, of course, the geyser.

disney2010026.jpg

Inside the lobby, we took pictures by a gen-u-ine totem pole.

disney2010031.jpg

They also had a display of Native American artifacts with a costumed interpreter.

disney2010036.jpg

My kids, kidding around at the stream.

disney2010034.jpg

• 2 months later...

The pics are great. Love the Lodge, we Honeymooned there in 95. One great place to stay. We have our picture taken every year by the Silver Creek Falls sign. 8)

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Here are a few from BLT/CR. They are taken with my Iphone3 so nothing of great quality. These are from 2011. We were in a lakeview room but we could see the MK by looking to the left off the balcony and from the LR window. We watched wishes several nights and they have the music on one of the TV channels. I still prefer watching them at the Fort or Poly beach though. I am wondering if we are the only people here who own DVC and love the Fort with a passion? There must be at least a few others. I will hate it if DVC builds at the Fort. The Fort is a completely different experience that needs to be left alone IMO. Our next trip is Feb 2013 and we are staying in a PUP (FortCamperRental.com) for 5 nights/6 days before going to BLT for 8 nights......then a return trip to the Fort in Dec 2013 for 8 nights. We love both experiences (but I like the Fort a better....I hope to be able to stay there for extended periods during the winter in retirement years). Anyways the few pics are below:

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11133.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11083.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11080.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11074.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11061.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11060.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11058.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11057.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11028.jpg

ACIPHONETHRU2-24-11022.jpg

I am wondering if we are the only people here who own DVC and love the Fort with a passion? There must be at least a few others. I will hate it if DVC builds at the Fort. The Fort is a completely different experience that needs to be left alone IMO.

Ha, are you kidding, look at my username!! We always loved the Fort but ultimately decided DVC was the way to go for us. So we bought a resale at VWL (because it is most like FW, and the proximity) and we love it. But I agree with you, don't build at the Fort. In fact, I think they should just stop building, period.

I will try to post resort pics later today. The only DVC resorts on property we haven't tried are SSR and the Beach Club. Going to HH this summer!

We are going to BLT in February, but going to Fort for 5 days ahead of that, staying in a PUP rented from FortCamperRental. I really would like to get a Pop-up so we can camp more. My wife really likes having the kitchen and extra bedroom in the vills but she doesn't mind "roughing" it too! Our Dec 2013 trip will be Fort only.....i think after that we will be doing split stays each year using our points to stay for 7 days or so, plus Fort before or after. We have stayed only once in DVC, at BLT.....haven't tried anything else yet. We like BLT, but I love the Fort. We have stayed with our family in the cabins before but not a PUP. I stayed in a PUP numerous times with my parents and brothers as a kid; I loved it.

Looking forward to seeing your other pics and thanks for the reply!

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I promised to post some resort pics on this thread and then forgot all about it...sorry! But I suppose better late than never.

The first one is my favorite, the Wilderness Lodge.

AKLFeb12212.jpg

Then we have a few from our most recent stay, Kidani Village at AKL.

AKLFeb12019-Copy.jpg

AKLFeb12007-Copy.jpg

AKLFeb12166.jpg

The year before we tried BLT. Although we loved the location and the lake view, it just didn't really do it for us. We liked it enough but probably won't stay there again.

CruiseWDW456.jpg

CruiseWDW490.jpg

CruiseWDW493.jpg

If you think TCD is tough, wait till you hear from Lou!

And here I am.

Hey Buzzy, we, along with that other board, already have a "Harpo of photography". Ynottony99 does a drive by with photos and says nothing.

Throw us a bone and maybe include a sentence or two so that we know that the log cabin looking building, back lit, in the moon light on a Dec night is at the Fort.

You'd have a leg up on him. Maybe we can have dueling shutter bugs.

Anyone, even me, ya, I know you photographers think it's high art, can point a camera and take a great photo, but it takes creativity to add dialog to enhance the one out of a thousand shots that came out half way decent.

Come on people, you know I'm right. Point and shoot at a thousand things and one shot is bound to come out good.

So Buzz, as TCD said, BTW always do what TCD says, introduce yourself if you can come up with at least one paragraph of stuff that you think we'll find interesting.

We probably won't but I'm the only one that will tell you.

And if you can put up with this, welcome, and have fun with it.