We're going on our first Cruise!

Phyllis- If you haven't already made plans for another day, you should look in to booking the brunch at Palo for your Nassau day. I didn't realize that it was just the two of you on this cruise. The Palo brunch is very nice. My only complaint about it is that it takes too long, and you can't help but eat too much- so it can mess up other plans you may have for the day. But, if you are looking for a fun activity, and you don't have other plans, this would be a great time to do the brunch.

TCD

Have a great time, Phyllis! We never get off the boat in Nassau either.

Thanks Cherie! :doodebug: I'm glad to see we're not alone in our thinking.

Phyllis- If you haven't already made plans for another day, you should look in to booking the brunch at Palo for your Nassau day. I didn't realize that it was just the two of you on this cruise. The Palo brunch is very nice. My only complaint about it is that it takes too long, and you can't help but eat too much- so it can mess up other plans you may have for the day. But, if you are looking for a fun activity, and you don't have other plans, this would be a great time to do the brunch.

TCD

:fork: We were able to secure a reservation for Palo brunch for our "at sea day"..which I believe is day three. I think it's around 11 am.

Looking forward to it! Figured we would enjoy the brunch, and we wouldn't miss out on any of the dinner dining rotations.

Oh..and I also reserved a couple of bikes for the Castaway Cay day. :wave1:

• 3 weeks later...

We're back! :wave1:

Loved the cruise! Had such a lovely, relaxing time. Cast-away Cay was beautiful. Really enjoyed that day. First we plopped ourselves in Serenity Bay. After a bike ride we decided it was just too quiet and remote. Hopped a tram back to the family beach, near the snorkeling. Loved lying on the beach and seeing the Ship. Not to mention the the BBQ, music and shopping!

As for the Bahamas,, personally I wouldn't get off the boat again for that experience. Hmm..my husband said it reminded him of Manhattan, "pre-Gulianni". Times Square then was a cesspool. Nothing like the tourist mecca it is now. Sort of sums up how we felt about the Bahamas. Thanks, but no thanks.

:fork: I thought the food in Palo was great! It was a nice experience. The server was terrific We had a lovely table for two by the window. Didn't feel rushed at all.

As for Annimators Palate..and Lumiers.."mehh". We didn't think either was anything to write home about. Sort of assembly line like. We did enjoy the food from Parrot Cay and even had room service from there one evening.

Pirate night. Loved the fireworks. could do without the hour of teeny bopper music before hand. Next time we'll go up top much closer to fireworks time.

Enjoyed the entertainment in the piano bar Sessions. Found ourselves there every evening. Sometimes more than once!

Service was excellent. It reminded us of what Disney World was say..20 years ago. I think Disney is putting their money and efforts into the Cruise line. Sure wasn't in the resorts..but that's another thread.

Everyone was extremely friendly.

We did stay in a one bedroom suite and that was a real treat. Fruit/cheese platter or cookie platter each afternoon in our room.

I could get used to that real easy.

I told my husband that at work tomorrow..I'd like him to bring me a platter of fruit and cheese with a glass of wine around 3 pm. :wine:

He said he'll throw an apple into my office if there's one on the coffee truck that morning.

Nice guy..huh?

We just got home tonight, and I hope to be able to post some pictures tomorrow.