St. Rosa Sound RV Resort (Navarre, FL)

I was in Navarre this weekend and decided to check out the new CG there. We didn't stay there, but I did walk around to take a good look at everything.

Here's the site map.

http://strosarvresor....com/site-plan/

The good stuff...

First off, this place is brand new...only open 3 weeks. The attendants at the office were very nice. As you could expect everything is super clean and nice at the moment.

Landscaping and hardscapes are first class. They have very cool mini lighthouses that hold all of the hookups.

Nice pool area and clubhouse. I didn't check out the bathrooms, but I would imagine they are just like the rest of the place...nice.

Great view of the sound from most sites. The front row of sites is just feet from the sand and water.

They have some "pull in" sites for the class A crowd and a few pull thru's.

The not so good stuff....

Very little shade...there is a bit on some sites closest to the office, but not much. Zero shade in the majority of the CG.

Road noise (1st deal breaker for me)....the CG occupies a narrow strip of land between the water and a major 4 lane hwy. To make matters worse there is a red light there. Think loud motorcycles, big trucks, fart can car mufflers, etc etc...it's not peaceful there at all.

Price...at $85 a night for waterfront plus $4 per person per night for over 2 people this place is worse than the Fort with 1/100 of the charm and activities. Final deal breaker.

Size....the sites are packed together to maximize # of sites and profits. Understandable....but not my style.

Would I stay there....maybe if it was my last option, but I would try to pick one of the great FL state parks first that are close by.

I think this place will be extremely popular with the full timer class A and FW crowd. I don't imagine too many families will be there for a week during spring break or summer.

I will give you the full timer class A crowd like something completely different than normal campers. When there are trees the satelite tv doesn't work and they can't watch their shows. Good review. Fair reporting of the positives and negatives. Everyone can make their own decision if it sounds right for them.

• 1 month later...