We just took our BT/ PB mix camping for the first time this weekend and she did great (other than some how managing to eat the sewer line while my husband was holding her leash). I am looking to enhance her living area when we make the move to full time. I saw another camper with a very eleaborite pet fencing system - their yippy italian greyhounds had a huge outdoor pen - too big if you ask me - but it was nice because when the owners were outside - their pets could roam a little bit leashless. I understand that this kind of setup would be a no-no at alot of campgrounds including the Fort - but I was thinking we could add some kind of pen to our "add a room" - this might be a nice addition for when it is allowed. She is a jumper so any fencing that we bought would have to be tall enough and probably staked somehow. Your thoughts and product recomendations please???

We bring 2 ex-pens and connect them for our gang. Combined they just about exactly cover the 9x12 mat underneath.

5443080503_287f9efced_b.jpg

With just one dog, you could definitely do with just one.

In our case we bought a 4' high pen, because one of my monkeys is a jumper (*cough* Bz *cough*) but they also come 3' high.

They fold flat for traveling and are easy to assemble, and have a door with a latch for easy in/out.

We found them cheapest on eBay.

normally x-pens come with stakes to put into the ground.. we have a lot of x pens.. 2 - 24" and 2 bigger ones. watch craigslist- every now and then you will find them on there. they are in the camper all the time/other than when we use them for the bichon bash-then they are used as gates.

i know that pet co and such stores are way more money than you can find them on line. drs foster and smith are too much too. but, i can't remember where i bought them. i know one we got on craigslist and another we got at a rummage sale. the others i bought new.

We also use the x-pens for our dog. We have several sets and we hook them all together so that they go around the area under our awning. We use them at the Fort too, and no one has ever had a problem with it...except for a certain cupcake at that other place that said we were bad pet owners because we use the pens. BTW - our furbaby is never in the pens unless we are out there with him.