If you stay on Music Valley Drive, Two Rivers is the most economical. They also have a nice pool and very friendly staff. Also an FYI: Nashville traffic can be worse than Atlanta depending on when you get there. When going through Atlanta you can use the HOV lane we do it all the time with the MH and I know others do as well.

As Grumpy Dave says, Nashville traffic can be a bear in the morning. There are a couple campgrounds south of Nashville that are economical, one is about a another 30 miles south and the other is about 30 miles south of that. Both Grumpy Dave and Doodle have stayed at the first one and Doole has stayed at the second one so they could give you the 411 on them. The other benifit of staying at these campgrounds is that you may even get to visit some fiends while there.

I think we have decided that we are not going through Atlanta on our first ttrip down with the TT in Oct. Instead we'll head through Alabama. I am estimating that we will stop our first night just north of Nashville. Anyone have any recommendations for a campground around there?

I-40 straight through TN. We may do that drive in two days (leaving Friday evening) but DH hasn't decided yet

Nicki,

I am a little confused, if you are going through Nashville to or from Alabama you will be going North and South on I-65, if you are going through Nashville on 1-40 you will be going East and West i.e. Knoxville to Memphis. I grew up across the river from the campgrounds mentioned above and live just south of Nashville now. The Music Valley Drive spots will put you right in the middle of the tourist areas for the Grand Ole Opry, Gaylord Opryland Hotel, and OpryMills Mega Mall. They are just north and I mean just north of Nashville and about 5 miles off of I-65.

Edit-- Atlanta on the HOV is much better but you can get in stop and go traffic. If you come through Nashville at rush hour get ready for a smaller Atlanta traffic situation. By smaller I mean fewer lanes, but just as much stop and go.

Nicki,

I am a little confused, if you are going through Nashville to or from Alabama you will be going North and South on I-65, if you are going through Nashville on 1-40 you will be going East and West i.e. Knoxville to Memphis. I grew up across the river from the campgrounds mentioned above and live just south of Nashville now. The Music Valley Drive spots will put you right in the middle of the tourist areas for the Grand Ole Opry, Gaylord Opryland Hotel, and OpryMills Mega Mall. They are just north and I mean just north of Nashville and about 5 miles off of I-65.

Edit-- Atlanta on the HOV is much better but you can get in stop and go traffic. If you come through Nashville at rush hour get ready for a smaller Atlanta traffic situation. By smaller I mean fewer lanes, but just as much stop and go.

Separate conversation.. I think. We are driving west to east on I-40 most likely on a Saturday. We are in a hurry (relatively speaking) and have deadline to reach Boston by. Thus we are unable to stop in Nashville or around Nashville... or so I think at this time. We only travel on weekends as my husband works mon-fri.