Anyone camped at Holiday Cove in Bradenton? My mom wants us to come camp there after our Fort trip in June while they are staying at the beach. We would just stay with them in the condo, but we'll have the TT so we need somewhere to park it.

Yes, I've looked on WeCampHere and there was one review. Just wondering if anyone else knew anything.

We were down there a couple of weeks ago to check it out. It is very nice, sites are close because it is prime property. But since the sites are owned they are very well taken care of. We went because our Son is going to Ana Maria Island in August and renting a house and we want to stay near as well. I think we are staying down the road a bit, at http://www.buttonwoodinlet.com/Default.aspx the sites aren't as nice. but we are Passport America memebers (which is a 50% off card) and buttonwood honors it, so we are going to pay half the price. If you are interested in Passport America, when you take a membership which is $44 per year and you say that someone recommened you and give them their number that person gets $10 off their next year. So if you get enough people you know everyone could get the discount for $34 or less per year. If pays for itself in less than 2 nights. Also the people in the office at Holiay Cove werent' very nice, when we asked about our boat, she asked my son what size it was and started yelling at him that we couldn't bring it in because it was to big. Well #1 I understand that but she didn't have to be nasty about it and #2 the marina next door uses the same canal and laughed they put 40 footers in that canal all the time and ours is only 26.

We were down there a couple of weeks ago to check it out. It is very nice, sites are close because it is prime property. But since the sites are owned they are very well taken care of. We went because our Son is going to Ana Maria Island in August and renting a house and we want to stay near as well. I think we are staying down the road a bit, at http://www.buttonwoodinlet.com/Default.aspx the sites aren't as nice. but we are Passport America memebers (which is a 50% off card) and buttonwood honors it, so we are going to pay half the price. If you are interested in Passport America, when you take a membership which is $44 per year and you say that someone recommened you and give them their number that person gets $10 off their next year. So if you get enough people you know everyone could get the discount for $34 or less per year. If pays for itself in less than 2 nights. Also the people in the office at Holiay Cove werent' very nice, when we asked about our boat, she asked my son what size it was and started yelling at him that we couldn't bring it in because it was to big. Well #1 I understand that but she didn't have to be nasty about it and #2 the marina next door uses the same canal and laughed they put 40 footers in that canal all the time and ours is only 26.

Thanks for the good info. We are not passport America (don't know how much use we would get out of it) but if we decide to I'll definitely get your number!

We just left on our trip this morning. We arrive at the Fort on Sun for a week. When we leave we are going to Holiday Cove for 3 nights. We haven't been there before. We will let you know what we think.

Echo11

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived at Holiday Cove yesterday. It is a very nice camp "resort". The whole place is very well maintained. The sites are privately owned. The sites all have pavers and the roads are paved. So it is very clean. We have a site that backs the marina. We watched the egrets and herons as we set up. This seems to be considered off season and it is very quiet. Most of the owners of the sites have enhanced the landscaping and their stes. We rode our bikes to Anna Marie Island this morning which is 3/4 of a mile away. Ate lunch at a great outside fish market/ restaurant 1/2 mile away. It reminds us of being in St Thomas. We will be here 2 more nights. So far we are having a great time and are pleased with the campground. Although we won't use it- the pool looks nice and is well maintained. The owners obviously take pride in the upkeep of the campground.

Hope this helps with your decision.

• 1 month later...

In my opinon, it has more of a upity atomspshere there now then say some campgrounds, (no pop ups or tents allowed) but it's currently our favorite place to stay in Bradenton. We didn't go last year, but we have stayed there several times and have watched them make improvements over the years into a really nice resort. They offer a very small workout room with free weights & a eliptical (if I remember correctly) in the laundry room. They also have a nice pool and great club house. The sites are very well maintained/landscaped as most of them are owned and not rented. It's a great location and a easy bike ride to Holmes Beach and not too far to Anna Maria. They had a free trolley also if you are patient. We take our scooter and then also go down past long boat key to St. Aramond Circle and the Salty Dog restaurant on the water for some fried hot dogs. ;) We don't usually take alot of food when we go there as their are so many great places to eat like Skinny's and Rod N Reel. Theirs a ice cream shop right across the street from the campground and Star Fish is just down the street. Home Depot, Super Walmart and a Publix are within driving distance.

The downside of staying at this "resort", you can almost stay at Disney for the same price. They have strict policies on open fires and I wouldn't put out my dog fence that I put out at other locations here. They like to keep a certain image. Which is fine by me, because I know what they expect. But it may not be what some people expect.

That being said I also just joined Passport America and well probably be checking out other campgrounds in the area due to the cost of Holiday Cove and the fact that we eat out more which adds to our cost factor.

lI just read that you saw my sign and that's how you found us, so glad u did. We also was going to stay a Holiday Cove, but we do have passport america and are going to stay down the road at Buttonwood because it's $30 with pa and they said they would give us a site with a dock for our boat

Thanks for sharing your review. I always like to be able to see what others think of different campgrounds!

Edited to add: Y'ALL BE SURE YOU DO A REVIEW FOR WECAMPHERE.COM! It is an awesome site and will be even better as we add our reviews! Lil Lisa is a Fiend and we should do all we can to support her site! Thanks!

Edited by puretcrazy....Rita

lI just read that you saw my sign and that's how you found us, so glad u did. We also was going to stay a Holiday Cove, but we do have passport america and are going to stay down the road at Buttonwood because it's $30 with pa and they said they would give us a site with a dock for our boat

Hey girl, yeah you're marketing is working. I was riding by on bicycle and I was saying to hubby oh theirs Lorna Duck from such and such forum and he looked at me and said, that's not what the sign says. So, I started looking at the actual signs as their were a couple of ya'll there over the weekend and was like "wow" that's different. LOL! Anyway, thanks I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind me jumping back in on a forum with ya'll. :)

You know I saw your post on that campground and I just have been lazy and haven't looked to see if that was the campgroud I thought it was. And it is, we have rode our bikes right past that little place many times while at Holiday Cove. It's just past the Sea Hag (I think it's called) gift/trinket/ movie set store. Now, I don't know how much we'll use this Passport thing either as we tried to go to Rock Crusher in Crystal Springs (have never been to that area yet) and believe it or not they wouldn't take the discount for last weekend (even with trying to make reservations during Debby for the weekend of June 29th and the Suncoast Parkway closed until this week). So, we went to Disney instead. :)

So, when will you be at Buttonwood???? Please let me know what you think of Buttonwood!!! We want to get back to that area as well...I miss the food and the little beach and ice cream shops. ;) Let me know if things like if they took your PA discount, is cable service good and any issues with the amperage (we have a 30 amp). Looking forward to your review.

Thanks and nice to chat with you again!

Thanks for sharing your review. I always like to be able to see what others think of different campgrounds!

Edited to add: Y'ALL BE SURE YOU DO A REVIEW FOR WECAMPHERE.COM! It is an awesome site and will be even better as we add our reviews! Lil Lisa is a Fiend and we should do all we can to support her site! Thanks!

Excellent thank you! I didn't know about that website. I am adding it my camping favorites now and I will check it out to write a review.